Grockadoc

Premium Platinum
Jul 25, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies, Man Utd, Cavaliers
100%. It was a great knock, but Australia enabled him to play that knock with that field. Pretty much didn't try and get him out.
100%.

Balls to Stokes were in no mans land that allowed him to free his hands. Not full enough to attack the stumps. Not short enough to bounce him.

And don't get me started on bowling short to a number 11...

And that damned review...

Paine has to take the blame on this one. Lyon and Harris need to share some as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiges1229

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
100%.

Balls to Stokes were in no mans land that allowed him to free his hands. Not full enough to attack the stumps. Not short enough to bounce him.

And don't get me started on bowling short to a number 11...

And that damned review...

Paine has to take the blame on this one. Lyon and Harris need to share some as well.
Paine worst captain ever

WATiger86

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
s**tty to lose but when you look at it, we lost no ground to them, it's still the same equation as before. Win one of the next two and the ashes stay home.
They are close to recalling Anderson for wokes - we are screwed

Can’t see us mentally picking ourselves up and getting near them now

Happy to be proven wrong

On the positive side Tim Paine may have given the selectors the rope to hang him - when was the last time we sacked a captain mid series?

harrythetiger

Jack Graham That Is
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
They are close to recalling Anderson for wokes - we are screwed

Can’t see us mentally picking ourselves up and getting near them now

Happy to be proven wrong

On the positive side Tim Paine may have given the selectors the rope to hang him - when was the last time we sacked a captain mid series?
They call up Anderson, we call up Smith.

harrythetiger

Jack Graham That Is
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Unbelievable innings, I doubt anything would have worked but Paine could have tried something other then have every fielder on the boundaries and hope for a missed hit.

Still can’t believe they reviewed that.
We created enough opportunities to beat them. We just didn’t take them. Lyon’s run out, Head(?)’s dropped catch. The lost review.

Still pi**ed Wilson didn’t give that out. Yes we should have had a review left, no excuses there, but that was absolutely plumb. If you can’t get those right you shouldn’t be an international umpire.

Rodney Dangerfield

Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool,Bournemouth
Unbelievable innings, I doubt anything would have worked but Paine could have tried something other then have every fielder on the boundaries and hope for a missed hit.

Still can’t believe they reviewed that.
The field settings I understand. With today’s bats even mis**ts go for 6 but occasionally one won’t and Stokes can’t help himself, he has to play like that plus it’s less pressure batting that way. But he just kept just getting over the fence.
The review though... worst review ever even dumber than some of England’s.

DickieKnee

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
There were some missed chances due to the pressure of the situation but that review were it clearly pitched outside leg, that was squarely down to Paine. I had a feeling it would bite us on the bum at the time he called for it.

Top Bottom