Scandal Tigers duo in nightclub brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Being young or full of testosterone is not a worthy excuse. Shai wasn't defending himself

He was defending his mate. I understand the moral high ground retorting but in this instance they have behaved appropriately. A girlfriend was treated badly, Rioli stuck up for his girlfriend and was punched and then it seems like Bolton has jumped in to back his mate.

That's if you believe the story.

He was defending his mate. I understand the moral high ground retorting but in this instance they have behaved appropriately. A girlfriend was treated badly, Rioli stuck up for his girlfriend and was punched and then it seems like Bolton has jumped in to back his mate.

That's if you believe the story.

There is no moral high ground here. Bolton wasn't being assaulted and defending his mate by use of violence isn't a defence either

So let's assume someone harasses someone you love. A sister, daughter or mother. You approach them and ask them to stop and are hit in the face for it. What do you do, sir?

Well if you have to approach them it would suggest you werent in the direct vicinity when the initial harassment took place, in that moment you would have a choice to make, leave, approach security or approach the harasser, so by choosing to approach the harasser you have escelated it, if you then get punched in the face you've contributed to it by your actions.

Sometimes you gotta be a man and not fight- fighting is for children
Spoken like a man afraid of performing his biological duty and protecting the women and children who matter to him.

The world is full of monsters who aren't interested in talking.

People who suggest Rioli couldnt walk away are assuming he was on the spot when the initial harassment took place, has this been substantiated?
If he wasnt and she went and relayed the exchange, then he had an opportunity to walk away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoken like a man afraid of performing his biological duty and protecting the women and children who matter to him.

The world is full of monsters who aren't interested in talking.
Spoken by a man who was a dickhead and spent time in prison for not walking away - I used to think like you- then I grew up.
'biological duty'- what the hell are you on about?
I'm guessing your dad either wasnt around or showed you that fighting was the only way to be manly
Grow up- it takes a real man to walk away.

99% of the time I'd agree with you.

The problem is the 1% you can't walk away from. Then you throw haymakers.
Fair enough- there may be rare situations where you have zero choice but to defend yourself- but to actively choose to take 'macho moral high ground' instead of removing yourself form a situation is childish and never ends well.

Spoken by a man who was a dickhead and spent time in prison for not walking away - I used to think like you- then I grew up.
'biological duty'- what the hell are you on about?
I'm guessing your dad either wasnt around or showed you that fighting was the only way to be manly
Grow up- it takes a real man to walk away.

Men have a biological duty to protect, you're bigger and stronger. That's your job. You're biologically expendable if we get down to the nuts and bolts of it.

People don't end up in prison for protecting their loved ones from a threat in a measured fashion. I think there is some subtle nuance to each of our points missing the other person on the way through.

Before my dad died he surrounded me with strong examples of men and my expectations of them were evidently raised.

Wait - he was sober?

Who would go to a nightclub sober?

Those places are putrid even when you're off your ****.
plenty of people don't drink at clubs

They tend to spend a lot of time in the cubicles though

Men have a biological duty to protect, you're bigger and stronger. That's your job. You're biologically expendable if we get down to the nuts and bolts of it.

People don't end up in prison for protecting their loved ones from a threat in a measured fashion. I think there is some subtle nuance to each of our points missing the other person on the way through.

Before my dad died he surrounded me with strong examples of men and my expectations of them were evidently raised.
You make many assumptions- and they are incorrect- I stood up for my girlfriend I was with being harassed by drunk idiot- asked him to leave her alone- was polite and measured- he and his mates took swings- I had to defend myself and I won- the prize was 2 years jail.
I consider my actions weak- I should have removed myself from teh situation or spoken to security- yet I was young and dumb and thought I was being manly- ironically, my late father never threw a punch in his life- and was the strongest person I know

Strength of mind= real strength

Also- women are natural protectors of families- men in most animal families wander off and do their own thing.

People who suggest Rioli couldnt walk away are assuming he was on the spot when the initial harassment took place, has this been substantiated?
If he wasnt and she went and relayed the exchange, then he had an opportunity to walk away.

And people who are assuming he went up after the fact are also assuming.

He could also have been right there bloke abuses/assaults his gf, he says oi mate wtf and cops a punch. That also counts as confronting him.

You make many assumptions- and they are incorrect- I stood up for my girlfriend I was with being harassed by drunk idiot- asked him to leave her alone- was polite and measured- he and his mates took swings- I had to defend myself and I won- the prize was 2 years jail.
I consider my actions weak- I should have removed myself from teh situation or spoken to security- yet I was young and dumb and thought I was being manly- ironically, my late father never threw a punch in his life- and was the strongest person I know

Strength of mind= real strength

Also- women are natural protectors of families- men in most animal families wander off and do their own thing.

Sorry but if you copped 2 years in the can for 'defending' yourself you either had the worst lawyer ever, are leaving bits out or just plain lying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back