Scandal Tigers duo in nightclub brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there is always one numpty like yourself who sees it all through the lens of a racial thing.
the only one trying to turn it into a racial issue is you. i described them as young aboriginal footballers which is literally what they are, youre the one whos picking out the aboriginal part. i never accused you of assuming they started a fight based on them being aboriginal.

youve had some absolute flog takes on this but if youre going to try and race-bait me and derail the thread dont bother because im just going to block you.

the only one trying to turn it into a racial issue is you. i described them as young aboriginal footballers which is literally what they are, youre the one whos picking out the aboriginal part. i never accused you of assuming they started a fight based on them being aboriginal.

youve had some absolute flog takes on this but if youre going to try and race-bait me and derail the thread dont bother because im just going to block you.

Your attempts at gaslighting me are crude and kind of cringeworthy.

Continue inventing your own narrative as it suits!

Your attempts at gaslighting me are crude and kind of cringeworthy.

Continue inventing your own narrative as it suits!
cool story bro. ive been arguing with a bunch on here but youre the only one special enough that im specifically ''gaslighting you (ps, thats not what that means).

dont bother responding, im setting you to ignore. or do, idgaf if you waste your time. youre a waste of time yourself already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to admire how Richmond got on the front foot with this and are spinning the Hero & Mateship official line. Surprising how many here are buying into the nonsense

I’m not even pushing for suspension of these guys but the way some people think is moronic. The messaging still needs to be that it’s not hard to avoid fights.

It’s laughable that Richmond supporters on here are claiming Bolton broke his wrist trying to restrain Rioli’s attacker. You’re only breaking your wrist by punching someone’s head which seems an odd method of de escalation.

I’m not even pushing for suspension of these guys but the way some people think is moronic. The messaging still needs to be that it’s not hard to avoid fights.

It’s laughable that Richmond supporters on here are claiming Bolton broke his wrist trying to restrain Rioli’s attacker. You’re only breaking your wrist by punching someone’s head which seems an odd method of de escalation.
I guess Jaidyn Stephenson punched someone in the head on the weekend then.

Rather than walking away, Dan and Shai decided to 'stand up, speak out and act'. A timely reminder for ALL men.

White-Ribbon-Day-Collage-2016.jpg

No-one is getting charged when defending themselves ordinary or sportsperson

Normal people don't have heroes trying to swing at them so they can tell their mates about the time they smashed an afl player

So many dickheads in public now, the most important take out of all of this is teach your kids self defence via some form of martial arts just in case
Martial arts lol, It dont matter a fook if i have a black belt in origami, someone 20kg heavier is gonna beat me to a pulp

And we haven't heard either that the Richmond players responded physically.

I'm of the belief that when it comes to assault or inappropriate conduct towards women it's up to men to address it.

But I'm old school.
Let's say the bloke touches his gf ass and says something.
Then DR says hay mate eff off.
Then DR gets punched.
Then agree that's pretty bad and th bloke needs to be taught a lesson.
But surely he gets charged now by cops?

It is obvious many on this forum haven't been involved in any form of incidents where they've had to restrain a person and how easily you can lose your footing and fall over. It's also obvious that many have no idea of the law as if we are to believe the current version supplied legally Bolton did nothing wrong as he was coming to the defence of another (being Rioli who was assaulted).

The only version or evidence that anyone can go off is what has currently been supplied. Sharing your assumptions as to the positions of bodies and sharing your opinion as to what you would have done is mindnumbing and contributes nothing.

The messages of the current times saying that men don't do enough for women but when they do its the worst thing ever and they shouldn't have done stepped up. So many mixed messages being given about the expectations of what people should and should not do. You do you.

No surprise that Melbourne supporters are pushing the narrative to walk away and not defend your girlfriend and mate. The club they support has shown they’ve got no respect or fight for each other for years.
Nothing to do with being tough, you look after your mates though. If your mates don't have your back when sh*t goes down then they aren't very good mates.

This is why society is like it is at the moment because too many people who deserve a smack in the mouth get away with sh*t like assaulting women, because people like you 'just walk away' the cops and bouncers do nothing so they never suffer any repercussions.
You actually cant say categorically that it does....Lets say hypothetically, that the bloke touched Daniel's GF on the butt. He saw it, walks over and says "Come on love lets go" and they turn to leave. Would it NOT be a potential possibility that the drunk ass-grabber hits him in the back of the head as he is walking away??
Cos that scenario has never happened before has it?
No altercation, just walking away, gets smacked in back of head.
That's twice you've misspelled 'you're', whilst calling me stupid...seems like you're projecting a bit buddy.

You absolutely backtracked on initially stating that it was just a verbal altercation - when it turns out it was a physical one. You also seem to have very poor reasoning skills, because Rioli's gf was touched unwantedly, which is a form of assault that you're happy to just stand by and let occur, whilst running off to tell the bouncer.

As plenty of people who have actually been in this situation have stated, walking away does not categorically prevent violence. Most people who are predisposed to violence are generally insecure, emotionally fragile people, who take walking away as some kind of superiority move, and will hit you for walking away. Lines such as 'what you think you're better than me' are usually uttered, and lead to rage building in the assailant, and a confrontation ensues regardless.

It's actually kind of hilarious watching you sit here in this thread like some kind of modern day Mother Theresa, lecturing people on the 'right way' to walk away and leave things - whilst incessantly posting, continuing conflict and being unable to control your comments/emotions too - pot/kettle much?

I'd invite you to look up the term coward punch, people who have been king hit walking away, and several other general encounters where a stranger has actually killed someone's loved one, for the mere act of existing and being around whilst the stranger has been on a rampage. You seem to speak from a place of 'fact' and superiority, but you have no actual viable data to back this assertion up.

Yes walking away sometimes prevents violence - other times it doesn't. I myself have never let my emotions get the better of me and got into a fist fight/confrontation with a drunk, but I've been around/known plenty who have/seen it occur to others. I'm not so naive to think that things just are all hunky dory because you choose to walk away - because there is so much evidence to the contrary.

You've literally made up a whole bunch of crap to reaffirm your opinion and your POV, but you have no actual evidence to back up the fact that Rioli did anything more than tell the guy to back off after harassing/physically touching grabbing his gf, without her permission. The club has stated as much, they had no alcohol in their system so they weren't acting under the influence, and Rioli never threw the first punch.

Until you can categorically state that 100% of the time walking away prevents violence - then you cannot claim it is fact, as you have. You are the worst type of poster, full of opinions from behind their keyboard, unable to change their position when new evidence emerges, and completely in love with themselves and their theories - when all they are is just that. Also playing the innocent card while you call people names and talk down to them, is such a typical move.

Enjoy your delusions, you sheltered little child - onto the ignore list you go (that's me being able to walk away, something you've clearly been incapable of doing, despite all your prophesying to the contrary) :)
Turning a blind eye to drunken and sleazy behaviour is why it continues unabated. Rioli’s girlfriend got a squeeze … who knows what the next girl this sleazbag turns his attention to would end up on the receiving end of. Call him out, make him accountable and there’s a very good chance his behaviour stops there.

I just hope someone else doesn’t walk away from a similar incident and your partner or daughter is his next target.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well, Richmond president Brendan Gale said he would prefer if they just walked away. Glad to see common sense and not reactionary hysteria.

“We’ve got a very strong culture based on care and connection and I think that’s worked very well for our entire group over the years and they responded, they took steps what they deemed to be (appropriated) when you want to look after your partner, you want to look after your friends but as hard as it is ... we’d prefer them (to) just walk away

Well, Richmond president Brendan Gale said he would prefer if they just walked away. Glad to see common sense and not reactionary hysteria.

“We’ve got a very strong culture based on care and connection and I think that’s worked very well for our entire group over the years and they responded, they took steps what they deemed to be (appropriated) when you want to look after your partner, you want to look after your friends but as hard as it is ... we’d prefer them (to) just walk away

Great, i never said they shouldn't have tried to walk away.
Sometimes it is unavoidable though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back