Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve been round the block long enough to know that the romanticism of player for player picks is just that. Won’t happen.

But I do agree he has strong trade value. The Cerra trade is probably what we would be looking at.

In saying that I have no idea of our interest in this player. There’s been no talk of us chasing him, nor any inkling that he wont continue his career at GWS.

My feeling is he will sign with GWS on worthy coin and Green will be the one that gets squeezed. Then again, the talk is he is happy at GWS as well. But a lot can happen in 9 months.
I’d say Green is the one they want to keep

You’ve been round the block long enough to know that the romanticism of player for player picks is just that. Won’t happen.

But I do agree he has strong trade value. The Cerra trade is probably what we would be looking at.

In saying that I have no idea of our interest in this player. There’s been no talk of us chasing him, nor any inkling that he wont continue his career at GWS.

My feeling is he will sign with GWS on worthy coin and Green will be the one that gets squeezed. Then again, the talk is he is happy at GWS as well. But a lot can happen in 9 months.
Would prefer Taranto goes and we keep Green thanks.

Need to spread that age profile

Yeah that is an example from over 20 years ago. Backing up my point that these sorts of trades just don’t happen anymore.

Oh agree the one for one trades don't happen any more. But GWS would still ask the question in any trade for Taranto.

Imo clubs should get back to that model - when it works, is better for both clubs and the players involved.

Oh agree the one for one trades don't happen any more. But GWS would still ask the question in any trade for Taranto.

Imo clubs should get back to that model - when it works, is better for both clubs and the players involved.
Agree.
Most clubs these days trade to improve the list, normally at the cost of the future (draft picks).

Seeing a like for like player swap wouldn’t be in clubs best interests unless a player really wants out, or there are some behavioural issues that mean they don’t fit a team culture. Not sure either apply in this case, but I do on the main agree with you.

Agree.
Most clubs these days trade to improve the list, normally at the cost of the future (draft picks).

Seeing a like for like player swap wouldn’t be in clubs best interests unless a player really wants out, or there are some behavioural issues that mean they don’t fit a team culture. Not sure either apply in this case, but I do on the main agree with you.

Might be worth a thread ...

Not sure but the whole buy a house thing wherever it may be I don’t think confirms anything

Turn into investment properties etc same if he bought one in melbs still doesn’t really confirm anything

ah yes, because if a Sydney based player buys a house in Sydney its for investment but if he buys one in Melbourne it means he wants a trade.

you‘re telling me that Big Footy wouldn’t go nuts if he bought a house in Melbourne? nobody, but nobody, would say it‘s for investment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond passed on Cerra cause they thought they could get a free hit at Cerra. Lol
We thought our midfield was better then it was, got horrifically exposed the other day and it shows why we should go hard for Taranto

We thought our midfield was better then it was, got horrifically exposed the other day and it shows why we should go hard for Taranto

I meant Taranto lol, but Tom Green is the type of guy you should get long term, Taranto would be handy too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back