Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

How is he not a top 10 pick?

Surely Hawks would offer pick 5 or 6 or whatever we end up getting ?
He definitely would be a top 10 pick.

Cerra was pick 6 and a 3rd rounder. I'd have him around the same value as him.

Anyone with a pick outside the top 10 would have to add something of value to get him.

He definitely would be a top 10 pick.

Cerra was pick 6 and a 3rd rounder. I'd have him around the same value as him.

Anyone with a pick outside the top 10 would have to add something of value to get him.
He has be worth more than Cerra, He was a best & fairest in a team that made a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints desperately need more midfield class, I hope the club have a red hot go at getting him to Moorabbin.

Trade wise GWS can have the Saints 2022 1st round pick and next years 2nd which is about the going rate.

He hadn't played for a month and needed a run to blow out the cobwebs
I find it strange that you'd bring back a quality player through the twos after missing just a couple of games.

We aren't talking Nat Fyfe who missed the whole first half of the year. He played the first 9 games.

I think that as well as the fact he's only spending limited time through the middle this year may suggest the Giants don't rate him as highly as we possibly think.

Saints desperately need more midfield class, I hope the club have a red hot go at getting him to Moorabbin.

Trade wise GWS can have the Saints 2022 1st round pick and next years 2nd which is about the going rate.
I like Taranto but I’m not sure “class” is what I’d associate with him. His disposal is questionable.

I find it strange that you'd bring back a quality player through the twos after missing just a couple of games.

We aren't talking Nat Fyfe who missed the whole first half of the year. He played the first 9 games.

I think that as well as the fact he's only spending limited time through the middle this year may suggest the Giants don't rate him as highly as we possibly think.
You have no idea what you are talking about. He last played in round 9. It has been 5 weeks since he has played. If you think his value has dropped simply because he had a run around in the twos after an injury lay off and now think Taranto is too expensive trade wise, then I'd suggest you go look for players like Hannebery for your Saints boys who has played 15 games in the last what 3 years? Pretty good return for what you are paying him....

You have no idea what you are talking about. He last played in round 9. It has been 5 weeks since he has played. If you think his value has dropped simply because he had a run around in the twos after an injury lay off and now think Taranto is too expensive trade wise, then I'd suggest you go look for players like Hannebery for your Saints boys who has played 15 games in the last what 3 years? Pretty good return for what you are paying him....
Haha, what the hell does Dan Hannebery have to do with anything?

He last played in round 9, which means he missed a possible 4 games of footy even if they played through the bye. It's hardly a long lay off.

Which stars have come back through the reserves after a small lay off like that? I'll be disappointed if I see Jack Steele named to play for Sandringham this week and he's missed more footy than that.

I would have said he was worth possibly 2 first round picks earlier in the year but I think his value has definitely dropped as the year has gone on. He's not playing as a full time midfielder in a side that has struggled and now he's been forced to come back through the reserves after a short lay off.

I'm not sure you can demand an enourmous trade like we have seen for others.

I'd be interested in knowing what you think his value would be in terms of picks?

Haha, what the hell does Dan Hannebery have to do with anything?

He last played in round 9, which means he missed a possible 4 games of footy even if they played through the bye. It's hardly a long lay off.

Which stars have come back through the reserves after a small lay off like that? I'll be disappointed if I see Jack Steele named to play for Sandringham this week and he's missed more footy than that.

I would have said he was worth possibly 2 first round picks earlier in the year but I think his value has definitely dropped as the year has gone on. He's not playing as a full time midfielder in a side that has struggled and now he's been forced to come back through the reserves after a short lay off.

I'm not sure you can demand an enourmous trade like we have seen for others.

I'd be interested in knowing what you think his value would be in terms of picks?
He and Steele both last played round 9 .... TT has had a back problem which would help ave limited his training more than a banged up shoulders ..... as previous posters have said: you don’t know what you’re talking about

He and Steele both last played round 9 .... TT has had a back problem which would help ave limited his training more than a banged up shoulders ..... as previous posters have said: you don’t know what you’re talking about
I reckon I know exactly what I am talking about. Steele had surgery on his shoulder, it wasn't just banged up. He missed a chunk of training and has gone an extra week without a game.

We aren't talking about players that been sitting out for months. I can't remember too many stars that were forced to come back through the reserves after missing so little footy.

He's also been forced to spend the majority of his time across half forward which suggests the Giants don't rate him as an elite midfielder.

So while his value is still good it's not as high as what we would have thought at the start of the year IMO.

I reckon I know exactly what I am talking about. Steele had surgery on his shoulder, it wasn't just banged up. He missed a chunk of training and has gone an extra week without a game.

We aren't talking about players that been sitting out for months. I can't remember too many stars that were forced to come back through the reserves after missing so little footy.

He's also been forced to spend the majority of his time across half forward which suggests the Giants don't rate him as an elite midfielder.

So while his value is still good it's not as high as what we would have thought at the start of the year IMO.

This is a good point and true, but I am struggling to see the relevance to anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back