To Doggie fans

Remove this Banner Ad

TheMightyDons

All Australian
Oct 1, 2002
Other Teams
Essendon
IF Brown chooses to leave, would you accept any of these offers?

Jacobs + First Pick (13)
Jacobs + Henneman
Bolton + Henneman + 3rd Round Pick (44)

Originally posted by TheMightyDons
IF Brown chooses to leave, would you accept any of these offers?

Jacobs + First Pick (13)
Jacobs + Henneman
Bolton + Henneman + 3rd Round Pick (44)

no to all of the above.

Henneman......err no thanks. we have enough duds.

So you'd take Bolton over Jacobs? Interesting. I would rather Bolton due to the fact that he isnt really a KPP, more of a tall, athletic wingman/flanker. Essendon has enough players to hold down genuine key positions.

TheDoctor, this is not Essendon hype, but IMO Henneman could hold down CHB if given a full pre-season. Unfortunately he's about 4th in line at Essendon. I can understand your reluctance to trade for him after his recent trials as a 'ruckman'.

So you'd take Bolton over Jacobs? Interesting. I would rather Bolton due to the fact that he isnt really a KPP, more of a tall, athletic wingman/flanker. Essendon has enough players to hold down genuine key positions.

TheDoctor, this is not Essendon hype, but IMO Henneman could hold down CHB if given a full pre-season. Unfortunately he's about 4th in line at Essendon. I can understand your reluctance to trade for him after his recent trials as a 'ruckman'.

Henneman has no decent form to speak of whichever way you look at it. Hasn't for some time. Therefore you don't trade a player like Brown for him. If he is 4th in line then that is not much good for us is it. We need quality players, the guys who are first in line as that is the type of player Brown is. To be honest, I wouldn't look at Henneman even if he was delisted.

Jacobs nor Bolton do much to fix our KP problems either. So minimal interest there.

The Bombers would need to offer a Lucas or a Solomon (we also need hard nuts) in the deal to get him.

Originally posted by Jabso
Who would you want from Collingwood that we would trade?
The key part to that is the 'we would trade'. No offence to your list as you guys are in the prelim and we're not, but I don't see anything that could tempt the Bombers. Tarrant or Rocca would obviously be handy, but perhaps only Cole would interest Essendon, and he would come much cheaper than Nathan Brown. Also your first round pick is going to be very high so that is out of the question.

Originally posted by jabso
Who would you want from Collingwood that we would trade?

You don't have anything to trade for us.

Tarrant is unreachable and we would need to give more than Brown to get him.

Rocca no thanks.

I like some of your young players like Cole and Didak but we don't need them like we need KP's.

Please don't mention Molloy, Kinnear and any of your other cast offs.

It's hard to see a legitimate deal being done with the Pies unless they can trade off players to a 3rd club to get us what we are looking for.

I understand your want to get a top liner for Brown Doctor, but I reckon you'd be foolish to not even look at Henneman if he was delisted. Remember Essendon traded Paul Salmon for two 20 game players in Barnard and Wellman, who went on to play 151 and 200+ games respectively.

Lucas is untradeable, Solomon would be damn close as well. Basically it would come down to Botlon, Jacobs, Henneman and Essendon's draft picks if the Dogs were to deal with the Bombers. I reckon that you guys could do a lot worse at other clubs wishing to sign Brown. Melbourne has no KPP (except a ruckman) that would interest the Dogs. Hawks have salary cap pressure and wouldnt be able to sign Brown given the recent furore re pay cuts. Collingwood again has very little, probably Molloy and Kinnear. Carlton has sh*t all (#2 pick aside).

Originally posted by The Doctor
You don't have anything to trade for us.

Tarrant is unreachable and we would need to give more than Brown to get him.

Rocca no thanks.

I like some of your young players like Cole and Didak but we don't need them like we need KP's.

Please don't mention Molloy, Kinnear and any of your other cast offs.

It's hard to see a legitimate deal being done with the Pies unless they can trade off players to a 3rd club to get us what we are looking for.

Agree, they would have to package a combination of players from a list of guys like Cole, Nixon, McGough and Lonie and even then none of them meet our KPP requirements. All good players but not really what we are looking for.

Surely the Hawks aren't in a poisition to gain anyone from another club.

Perhaps Essendon could send 1st draft pick and Bolton to the Hawks and they send Rawlings or Thompson to the Dogs and you get Brown that way. Or something to that effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas is untradeable, Solomon would be damn close as well.

As Solomon has already turned down two contract offers, Essendon should trade him.

They would get over the odds for him, free up some cap to help them get Brown or Stevens, and Welsh could hold down his role easily.

I posted "Jacobs and pick 13" in a thread on the Bulldogs board and got slaughtered. After his effort last night I see why.

Jacobs + Solomon + pick 13 = Brown + pick 34.

Not a chance for your second option. At most we would give Solomon+2nd Round Pick (28) for Brown. Welsh does not do the job that Solomon does, very different players. Despite Jacobs' poor game last night, his value would be pretty high. Jacobs+13+McGrath/Davies/any other fringe player?

Nope, you had your chance for Laycock last year, you got Walsh instead. Should be interesting to see who ends up the better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back