Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a player could I dunno just not gouge someone's eyes out. I didn't know playing afl meant that the eyes were fair game.

Don't be silly. If Greene literally gouged Bont's eye out, Bont wouldn't have been able to play out the game and would be rushed to hospital.

Doesn't look great I admit, but I still think there is not enough definitive proof he eye gouged Bont, to the point where you could rub him out for a cut throat final (might have gotten a week in the home and away season)

What he did to Neale didn't seem anywhere near as bad, and he then copped a suspension, probably as a result of public backlash more than anything else.

I still firmly believe Toby Greene is the victim of a witch hunt and has been treated very unfairly/misunderstood for a long time now.
We will have to agree to disagree. I believe he should not be playing football.

Certainly should not have been playing last night.
Better late than never I suppose. Doesn't help Brisbane though.
Grub.

Why would you jump on a pack late, reach under the tangle of arms, and start playing with someones face? Got given the benefit of the doubt last week, not sure he deserves it again
And there was no doubt last week anyway. Just the AFL desperate to keep him on the field.

He's lucky willie rioli exists, otherwise Green would be a clear winner of biggest idiot in football this week. Gets off very lightly for what he did to bont last week, then goes out and pulls the exact some stunt again. I can't wrap my head around greene and his antics. He can't be right in the head, any normal player would be on their best behavior after being so lucky and getting away with just a fine the first time. Especially since you wouldn't want to miss finals.

He's lucky willie rioli exists, otherwise Green would be a clear winner of biggest idiot in football this week. Gets off very lightly for what he did to bont last week, then goes out and pulls the exact some stunt again. I can't wrap my head around greene and his antics. He can't be right in the head, any normal player would be on their best behavior after being so lucky and getting away with just a fine the first time. Especially since you wouldn't want to miss finals.
He was stiff last week. Shouldn’t have been more than a 1k fine. And yet that’s nothing compared how hard done by he’s been this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look great I admit, but I still think there is not enough definitive proof he eye gouged Bont, to the point where you could rub him out for a cut throat final (might have gotten a week in the home and away season)

What he did to Neale didn't seem anywhere near as bad, and he then copped a suspension, probably as a result of public backlash more than anything else.

I still firmly believe Toby Greene is the victim of a witch hunt and has been treated very unfairly/misunderstood for a long time now.

I’m genuinely interested in how you arrived at the victim of witch hunt and unfairly treated/misunderstood theory. Is it based on a feeling, real evidence or does getting fined and/or suspended for spitting, throwing player into fence, dropping knee into player on ground, off ball tummy tap, slapping, kicking in face, two 2 week suspensions in 2017 for striking ( on top of 3 other fines that year!) 2 other suspensions for strikings and now consecutive weeks being charged over facial contact just part of the misunderstood art of contact sport? It may well be true that he gets targeted for doing things others do but ignored but with a rap sheet like that I think it’s more fairly questioning his repeated questionable behaviour than unfair witch hunt

Not sure what people are looking at here. People suggesting an eye gouge should be booking into OPSM.

If only bont and neale had eyes left to go to opsm for an appointment.

For the record, I do think Toby does have problems/issues with his anger and needs to spend a lot of the off-season working on it.. Maybe if he missed the Prelim Final and GWS lose will give him time to reflect and try and get some self-awareness that he needs to try and get some more self-control and discipline into his life and game

I certainly don't think he is some kind of remorseless sociopath that many here think, based on my own personal experiences, someone with that amount of anger and prone to incidents of inappropriate behaviour must be deeply unhappy on some level.

And This is why I am not happy with this constant media stitch up of Greene. Yes he needs to change how he plays on field, but all this constant flaming and badgering on the kid isn't going to help him or anyone else

Just how stupid is this gimp? How he ended up captaining GWS at one stage this year just stuns me. It is pretty interesting that he got off last week and immediately gets done this week though.

It's a bloody contact sport , not something like Netball or Ballet. Things happen on field, it's unfortunate but players do get hurt.

I think people offended by Toby's on field antics need to take some harden hard cement, quite frankly.

How is intentionally draging your hand over someone's face a hard thing to do? The guy was at the bottom of the pack, it's about the cheapest of cheap shots you can imagine.

Greene is a disgrace, but I don't think he will miss, appeal and overturned. The sheer audacity to do this a week later is a massive up yours to the AFL though.

Funny people kind of talking like the AFL ate the bad guys in this. Toby Greene is the absolute moron who has done this to himself. It wasn't one of those split second in play decisions that cause a concussion and see you rubbed out, it was another premeditated effort to throw the best player in the opposition off his game.

It's a bloody contact sport , not something like Netball or Ballet. Things happen on field, it's unfortunate but players do get hurt.

I think people offended by Toby's on field antics need to take some harden hard cement, quite frankly.

There’s a difference between contact in the spirit of the game and contact that isn’t needed. Eye gouging isnt needed and can cause permanent eye damage.

A player can get injured when tackled fairly, but the tackling is never malicious, it’s part of the game. Eye gouging is not.

Anyway, since being a contact sport means apparently anything goes, does that mean Houli shouldn’t have got suspended for his hit on Lamb a few years back?

Where do you sit on grabbing his hair to slam his head into the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back