Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom exactly 4 years younger, turns 26 on October 31st (Halloween). Scarily it is my birthday too.
We know the offer from the suns would have dwarfed the Tigers but they we're implying on the trade show on fox that Collingwood offer was far in excess of Tigers . Was that more cash, more years as Tigers offer seems pretty large

Free agency is great.

Tom gave 8 years of his career up playing at an afl experiment never playing in a final and no crowd above 52,000 . Good on him for being loyal for so long now he was able to choose any club he likes and enjoy his career. Could have easily asked to be traded early on.

Anyone sooking he elected Richmond is an idiot. Should he be forced to Carlton?
Well said....he's done his time, now let him enjoy the rest of his career! Everyone deserves a chance to chase their dreams!

Do9M6Y-UUAAz4Io.jpg:large

Puma likes this.

We know the offer from the suns would have dwarfed the Tigers but they we're implying on the trade show on fox that Collingwood offer was far in excess of Tigers . Was that more cash, more years as Tigers offer seems pretty large
Our offer was less per season average than both Collingwood and hawthorn.
Apparently when pressed on why he chose the tigers Tom said “I think they have a better list and a list that will win another premiership.”

But equalisation means s**t performing clubs should be rewarded and good teams punished remember?!?

That’s just society in general now. Heaven forbid people want to excell in life. But no, let’s hold it all back and drag people down to
a s**t level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use your real account.

No injuries is a myth. In the past two years these players have missed this many games to injury:
Broad -15
Butler - 17
Graham - 23
Houli - 9
Prestia - 14
Rioli - 12
Vlastuin - 11
Caddy - 5
Edwards - 5

As well as the untimely injuries to Lambert a few weeks before the finals and Martin the week before the prelim.

Cant see Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Nankervis in that list? Like I said, you've had a good run.

I'll see your two pair and raise you a full house
Greene - 21
Cameron - 12
Scully - 24
Cogniglio - 16
Patton - 15
Williams - 24
Hopper - 15
Lobb - 10
Griffin - 30
Himmelberg - 13
Taranto -12
Kennedy - 24
Delididud - 32

Cant see Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Nankervis in that list? Like I said, you've had a good run.

Greene - 21
Cameron - 12
Scully - 24
Cogniglio - 16
Patton - 15
Williams - 24
Hopper - 15
Lobb - 10
Griffin - 30
Himmelberg - 13
Taranto -12
Kennedy - 24
Delididud - 32

It is a fallacy that Richmond did not have injuries. Like I mention to all my friends and family who raise the point, Richmond only had 4 players play all 24 games for us this year. This was tied for the equal third lowest.

The thing is, we don't get the long term injuries. They are usually minor and only one or two weeks. But neverless, we do in fact get injuries. It is just an extremely professional player management schedule, medical and fitness staff that make this possible

It is a fallacy that Richmond did not have injuries. Like I mention to all my friends and family who raise the point, Richmond only had 4 players play all 24 games for us this year. This was tied for the equal third lowest.

The thing is, we don't get the long term injuries. They are usually minor and only one or two weeks. But neverless, we do in fact get injuries. It is just an extremely professional player management schedule, medical and fitness staff that make this possible
Seriously, I'm not liking this four times....no matter how much I agree with it!!! :tonguewink::tearsofjoy:

Greene - 21
Cameron - 12
Scully - 24
Cogniglio - 16
Patton - 15
Williams - 24
Hopper - 15
Lobb - 10
Griffin - 30
Himmelberg - 13
Taranto -12
Kennedy - 24
Delididud - 32
I didn't say we had the worst run, just that we didn't have an injury-free run. You guys have had a shocking run.

But there is such a thing as injury management, and our medical guys are up there with the best.

Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin play with injuries, by the way. There is barely an off-season that Riewoldt doesn't have multiple surgeries.

I didn't say we had the worst run, just that we didn't have an injury-free run. You guys have had a shocking run.

But there is such a thing as injury management, and our medical guys are up there with the best.

Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin play with injuries, by the way. There is barely an off-season that Riewoldt doesn't have multiple surgeries.

Fair Call. Maybe we should put our fitness guys on the trade table with the rest of the garage sale we are having. I remember Devon Smith suggested one of the reasons he left was poor injury management. On our recent history something needs to change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good pick-up by the Tigers. Though they may well have jettisoned the better part of their depth in order to acquire him.

Doubt they'll have an easier run with no injuries to their star players, than they had in 2018.

Hawks hit Dusty with everything & he and the Tigers paid the price for it against the Pies.

Good pick-up by the Tigers. Though they may well have jettisoned the better part of their depth in order to acquire him.

Doubt they'll have an easier run with no injuries to their star players, than they had in 2018.

Hawks hit Dusty with everything & he and the Tigers paid the price for it against the Pies.
Someone had the sniffles.

Use your real account.

No injuries is a myth. In the past two years these players have missed this many games to injury:
Broad -15
Butler - 17
Graham - 23
Houli - 9
Prestia - 14
Rioli - 12
Vlastuin - 11
Caddy - 5
Edwards - 5

As well as the untimely injuries to Lambert a few weeks before the finals and Martin the week before the prelim.
lol

They mightn't be premiership players but handy back ups if you actually get any injuries. The Tiges have done a great job the past two years but you must admit have been injury free. All I'm saying is that if the fringes players go for a big fish you dont need and injuries hit, you'll be missing those blokes.
Lloyd was the biggest loss for us as he was our 23rd man. Good for 17 possessions and a goal. Miles and C Ellis weren’t the answer, although I hope they play well at GC. And Conca is a tough nut but his disposal is a liability. We need our second tier mids to step up if injuries to our prime mids occur. With Lynch forward, does that mean more time in the middle for Caddy and Martin? Higgins and Graham probably get more of an opportunity in the middle as well.
The fact is we don’t have a ready replacement for Dusty or Cotchin if they got injured, but Miles and C Ellis weren’t the answer either.

How many players in Richmond's top 10 important players had significant time off in 2018? (3 or more weeks)?

We've had
Adam Treloar
Jeremy Howe
Lyden Dunn
Jordan De Goey
Taylor Adams

GWS had
Josh Kelly
Tom Scully
Toby Greene
Hopper ?
Williams?
Deledio?

Now, tell me which about Richmond?

How many players in Richmond's top 10 important players had significant time off in 2018? (3 or more weeks)?

We've had
Adam Treloar
Jeremy Howe
Lyden Dunn
Jordan De Goey
Taylor Adams

GWS had
Josh Kelly
Tom Scully
Toby Greene
Hopper ?
Williams?
Deledio?

Now, tell me which about Richmond?
How about Richmonds in the last 10 years?
One massively underrated thing at our club is how good our medical staff is.
We never have stars miss.
(touch wood)

Back