Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

12 BM votes in his last season with us an under used mid.
Good thing he decided to get himself fit once at Hawks. That was the knock on him.
Too many BBQ Shapes by his own admission.
He's now matured so he was always going to address that.
I think it's time to move on now. Using energy for nothing now.

I don't think George is our 5th best midfielder. He's much better than that IMO.

I think Mitchell is a more prolific ball-winner than Hewett, but I agree that George is very important to us.

I think Mitchell is a more prolific ball-winner than Hewett, but I agree that George is very important to us.
Oh, sure. Wasn't comparing the two. Titch is a beast. If he was with us right now he'd be pushing JPK/Parker for top inside spot for sure.

I was more saying, right now, I'd rate Hewy better than our 5th best mid.

JPK
Parker
Hewy
Heeney (I like him more pushing forward at this stage)
Etc.

Oh, sure. Wasn't comparing the two. Titch is a beast. If he was with us right now he'd be pushing JPK/Parker for top inside spot for sure.

I was more saying, right now, I'd rate Hewy better than our 5th best mid.

JPK
Parker
Hewy
Heeney (I like him more pushing forward at this stage)
Etc.

Mitchell would be our number 1 mid right now, hes the only one on the list above currently in contention to be a top 10 mid in the AFL right now.

But he also might not be that same player at Sydney , id also pick Heeney first if you said pick one right now (JPK has been the best overall)

Mitchell would be our number 1 mid right now, hes the only one on the list above currently in contention to be a top 10 mid in the AFL right now.

But he also might not be that same player at Sydney , id also pick Heeney first if you said pick one right now (JPK has been the best overall)
I'd take Hewy as an inside mid over Heens at this stage I think. But Heeney is something special. We can all see that I think.

I'd take Hewy as an inside mid over Heens at this stage I think. But Heeney is something special. We can all see that I think.

Forget positions and need

Its the school yard and you have the following as they are now , current age and form

What order you taking them in

Heeney, Parker, JPK, Hewett, Kennedy, Mitchell, Jack

Its the school yard and you have the following as they are now , current age and form

Sure, ok Kingy. So you can be "right"... if that is what I was doing, based on pure potential, hollistic impact now & visible "talent" then Heeney would be up there (if not first picked)...

But unfortunately that wasn't what I was talking about.

Right now, given our list, structure & so on. I'd put Hewy in with JPK & Parker as our top 3 (mainly) inside mids. That's all. Disagree or change the critera all you like... Doesn't change my opinion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell daylight Heeney Parker Hewett Kennedy Jack

That is with current age and form as the criteria

I don't think George is our 5th best midfielder. He's much better than that IMO.

Doesn't matter GTG, the only thing that matters is that Georgie Boy is a Swan and Tommy chip-scab isn't. That instantly makes him 100 times better than Tommy chip-scab.

Sure, ok Kingy. So you can be "right"... if that is what I was doing, based on pure potential, hollistic impact now & visible "talent" then Heeney would be up there (if not first picked)...

But unfortunately that wasn't what I was talking about.

Right now, given our list, structure & so on. I'd put Hewy in with JPK & Parker as our top 3 (mainly) inside mids. That's all. Disagree or change the critera all you like... Doesn't change my opinion though.

Not trying to be right just wondering who people would pick , no right answer of course

And was just a different thought

On your thought Hewett is ok , overrated at times here imo

Wasn’t trying to change your thought or say you were wrong old snippy

On current form its easily Mitchell. Otherwise I am taking both Parker and Heeney over Mitchell still, haven't wavered from that.

I think JPK will be back to his best again next year but still no; no one should be taking Hewett over Mitchell; and Jack lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back