Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like an odd match for the Hawks.

Firstly, he states ( comvincingly) that he's happy in Sydney. If he leaves, you'd have to think it would be for a financial offer too good to refuse. There are plenty of clubs with more room to move in their cap than Sydney, but I'd be surprised if the Hawks were one of them. They must have several players who have accepted unders in return for the chance to play in such a successful team. Even if the Hawks have spare cap dollars, I can't seem them offering a salary out of whack with existing players, especially to someone who's a very good player but isn't in the top fifty or so players in the league right now.

Secondly, Mitchell's main weakness is his kicking. It's not terrible, but certainly not up to the level that the Hawks pride themselves on demanding.

You could fill a library full of the books full of the things you don't know.

Would like to see how you manage to trade for two former mini draft players.
We played Whitecross and Litherland this week. ;)

Exactly, Bruest isn't worth nearly enough for Mitchell and doesn't really fill a need for us, would be a strange trade.
Your funny

Sorry mate. Dont give a toss.
Your funny too

News Flash: World doesnt revolve around Hawthorn
Sounds like your world does

Sicily seems ok.

O'Brien, Brand, Stewart, Howe Lovell, Shoenmakers all shown very little. In 2-3 years time, some of these players might be ok, but there's no guarantees. I certainly wouldn't be pinning my future hopes an a bunch of guys who can't nail down a best 22 spot.
Yep. You are also funny

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bruest is worth way more than mitchell
Bruest is a good half-forward in a team with the best forward 50 entry in the comp. Put him in an average team, and he'd be average.
Mitchell is a young ball-winning inside mid. Will be one of the best in the comp for years.

If you asked all the teams in the comp who would improve their side the most, Bruest or Mitchell, every single one would say Mitchell.

Bruest is a good half-forward in a team with the best forward 50 entry in the comp. Put him in an average team, and he'd be average.
Mitchell is a young ball-winning inside mid. Will be one of the best in the comp for years.

If you asked all the teams in the comp who would improve their side the most, Bruest or Mitchell, every single one would say Mitchell.
Can definitely state that CFC want Mitchell, and I would prefer him to Bruest.
Role Mitchell plays is a major weakness for us, and do not know if Bruest would help as we don't get the ball forward as much as Hawks:(.
If Hawthorn are happy to make Bruest a DFA would consider...
Don't really get why Mitchell would move from Swans to Hawks as I expect the $ and premiership chances are similar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will Tom Mitchell be actually worth? He's young and a gun, seems to do very well even though he has to share the ball around with the likes of Kennedy, Parker, Hanners and Jack. Not to mention Horse ****ed him around for the start of his career, what are we looking at for value? id say pick 5-10 for mitchell, maybe that's too much but i rarely rate him can tag and find his own ball.

Last edited:

wow......

just wow.....Bruest is average?...stopped reading there

Mitchell is a young ball-winning inside mid.

Mitchell is a good midfielder in a team with the best inside midfielders in the comp. Put him in an average team and he would be Nick Malceski.
Breust is a 3 time Grand Finalist.

Is that how this works?

Mitchell is a good midfielder in a team with the best inside midfielders in the comp. Put him in an average team and he would be Nick Malceski.

Is that how this works?
3 time grand finalist doesn't make you a hall-of-famer all of a sudden. Mitch Morton has a GF medal. Is he a great of the game? The fact Bruest has won three GF medals does jack s**t for his trade value.

Bruest is good. He's a 50 goal a year half forward, for Hawthorn. If he played for someone like Brisbane, do you think he'd kick 50 a year? Not a chance, because the delivery isn't as good, and he's not being helped by having Rioli, Puopolo, Gunston etc... alongside him.

So he's a good player. But a ball-winning inside mid is simply worth more.

Bruest is good. He's a 50 goal a year half forward, for Hawthorn. If he played for someone like Brisbane, do you think he'd kick 50 a year? Not a chance, because the delivery isn't as good, and he's not being helped by having Rioli, Puopolo, Gunston etc... alongside him.

So he's a good player. But a ball-winning inside mid is simply worth more.

He wouldnt have all those other small forwards stealing goals from him. And Mitchell is in exactly the same boat. He has a brilliant inside midfield surrounding him. So we wouldnt really know.

Malceski was very highly rated but has been massively exposed at GCS. We know that for a fact.

Breust is a gun but I reckon Mitchell holds more value on the player market. Medium forwards aren't super valuable historically, really.

What did Adelaide give up for Tom Lynch? Didn't they trade Maric to the Tigers who then sent a second rounder to the Saints? Lynch didn't have the runs on the board then, obviously, but that's still a pretty low-value trade for a guy that's pretty good at that role.

What would you value Lynch at these days? I'd say probably a 1st rounder, same as Mitchell.

Not that it would happen, but a player swap wouldn't be unprecedented in value terms.
Maybe chuck in a 2nd round pick as steak knives.

Last edited:
Don't really get why Mitchell would move from Swans to Hawks as I expect the $ and premiership chances are similar?

Maybe. But if there's any truth to the rumour that Buddy and Tippett's earnings will account for 1/5th of Sydney's cap next year, well perhaps guys like Mitchell might be feeling the squeeze. Swans supporters in here may be able to attest to the veracity of this.
That said, clubs other than may be in a better position to secure his services if it purely comes down to $.

Breust is a gun but I reckon Mitchell holds more value on the player market. Medium forwards aren't super valuable historically, really.

What did Adelaide give up for Tom Lynch? Didn't they trade Maric to the Tigers who then sent a second rounder to the Saints? Lynch didn't have the runs on the board then, obviously, but that's still a pretty low-value trade for a guy that's pretty good at that role.

What would you value Lynch at these days? I'd say probably a 1st rounder, same as Mitchell.

Not that it would happen, but a player swap wouldn't be unprecedented in value terms.
Maybe chuck in a 2nd round pick as steak knives.
If you think Mitchell is worth more than breust you are an idiot

Is that how this works?

So Breust is good because he is a 3 time grand finalist. Ha ha ha. * me. If you make an AFL GF according you guys you become untouchable to criticism and the best players to walk the earth. You can be an average player in a good team, that make you look better than you are. (Bradley Hill)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back