NFL Top 10 WRs

Best WR

• Randy Moss (75rec, 1248yds, 12TD over 3 years)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Terrell Owens (85, 1200, 12)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Marvin Harrison (107, 1369, 12)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Chad Johnson (84, 1265, 8)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Torry Holt (100, 1456, 8)

• Hines Ward (95, 1165, 8)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Joe Horn (86, 1228, 9)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Randy Moss, Raiders
2. Marvin Harrison, Colts
3. Terrell Owens, Eagles
4. Chad Johnson, Bengals
5. Torry Holt, Rams
6. Andre Johnson, Texans
7. Hines Ward, Steelers
8. Javon Walker, Packers
9. Joe Horn, Saints
10. Laveranues Coles, Jets

For me:

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Chad Johnson
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Torry Holt
6. Hines Ward
7. Javon Walker
8. Joe Horn
9. Andre Johnson
10. Darrell Jackson

Moss is by far the best receiver in the league. Some QB's make receivers better, he's a WR that makes quarterbacks better.

Next four are interchangable IMO, Chad Johnson is special...

Ward is not spectacular, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more consistent receiver over the last four years.

Horn and Jackson are that little bit better than "good", can't see them getting much better than they are now.

Walker and Johnson both have the potential to get into the top 5, and started to show what they're capable of last year...

1. Horn (gold)
2. Holt (gold)
3. Owens (would be #1 if he had a brain)
4. Moss (ditto)
5. Harrison (class)
6. Muhammad (ditto)
7. Wayne (will be top 5 this season)
8. Johnson
9. Bruce (needs a big season, still top 10)
10. Walker/Stokley/Burleson/Bennet

JeffDunne said:
1. Horn (gold)
2. Holt (gold)
3. Owens (would be #1 if he had a brain)
4. Moss (ditto)
5. Harrison (class)
6. Muhammad (ditto)
7. Wayne (will be top 5 this season)
8. Johnson
9. Bruce (needs a big season, still top 10)
10. Walker/Stokley/Burleson/Bennet

A bit harsh on Hines Ward there JD. I reckon he has suffered from a run dominated offense. Put him in Indy's or the Vikes offense and he'd rack up huge numbers.

Roy Williams will be top ten by seasons end IMO. Andre Johnson and to a lesser extent Reggie williams will be big time recievers this year.

1. R.Moss
2. M.Harrison
3. T.Owens
4. T.Holt
5. H.Ward
6. J.Horn
7. R.Smith
8. E.Moulds - a great player, doesnt get much coverage (media wise, haha)
9. C.Johnson
10. A.Johnson

T.Gonzalez... is prob better than some of these guys he is that good.
D.Jackson - drops a few but still carries a large load, will be bigger this year.
D.Mason - very underrated but would expect production to drop in baltimore

danielz_23 said:
1. R.Moss
2. M.Harrison
3. T.Owens
4. T.Holt
5. H.Ward
6. J.Horn
7. R.Smith
8. E.Moulds - a great player, doesnt get much coverage (media wise, haha)
9. C.Johnson
10. A.Johnson

T.Gonzalez... is prob better than some of these guys he is that good.
D.Jackson - drops a few but still carries a large load, will be bigger this year.
D.Mason - very underrated but would expect production to drop in baltimore

Horn,Smith,Moulds,Jackson all dont even register in the same breath as Javon Walker.

Plzz people ignore this post.

camsmith said:
uhh havnt ya forgot, Rod Smith, Jerry Rice (early in Career) and Ashley lelie?

Yes im a Broncos supporter lol.. but give those three some credit.

Jerry Rice is far from the Top 10 WRs going around at the moment...

Rod Smith Would've made it a couple of years ago, but he's clearly lost a step, but his hands are still great. Would be 11-20 in my book.

Lelie... stepped it up last year definitely... but is not in the class of any of the players in anyone elses Top 10. At the moment, he's a good No.2.

marcuz said:
A bit harsh on Hines Ward there JD. I reckon he has suffered from a run dominated offense. Put him in Indy's or the Vikes offense and he'd rack up huge numbers.
I just think he was disappointing last year. Outside of the very best receivers there are 20 or so you could throw a blanket over. Stallworth is as good as Hines and suffers the same problems.

I've ranked them on the last season more so than overall career. FWIW I think Moss will struggle in Oakland. Frustration could see he walking off the field before the 4th qtr.

Roy Williams will be top ten by seasons end IMO. Andre Johnson and to a lesser extent Reggie williams will be big time recievers this year.
Roy should be. The Lions have all the makings of an explosive offense and he should put up some big numbers.

And tige19, look at Horns numbers if you doubt him. He's top 5 and will be again the year.

1. randy moss
2. marvin harrison
3. terrell owens
4. chad johnson
5. joe horn
6. hines ward
7. torry holt
8. darrell jackson
9. javon walker
10. isaac bruce

moss and owens are game breakers. harrison is so consistent and good, withoutbeing flashy. hnes ward s porbably the most complete (blocking etc) . i think andre johnson and roy williams and anquan boldin could find themselves here next year

Moss is the most talented but Owens is the best receiver. You have to remember he was injured for quite a while when you consider his stats.

for me Owens takes Moss simply because of the attitude and how humble Owens is.

That Superbowl i will never forget when Owens pushed through the pain barrier and came up huge catching everything thrown to him. Moss is perhaps better athletically and is quicker, he is stronger and bigger but i would take Owens anyday of the week, i hate Moss's attitude he needs a good smacking.

I think the most talented WR in the is Javon Walker, the guy is unbelievably quick and is so athletic he could probably do the high jump up at the olympics.

All WRs in the game today are awesome, you very rarely get a CB who can match them for speed,strength and height os i mean i dont think it comes down to how great the WRs are its just that they have nothing defending them.

cheers

tige19 said:
Horn,Smith,Moulds,Jackson all dont even register in the same breath as Javon Walker.

Plzz people ignore this post.

Hooray for Javon Walker...

2002 - 23 catches 319 yards
2003 - 41 catches 716 yards
2004 - 89 catches 1382 yards

What a star player... like seriously, I can totally understand why he wants to be paid like the top 5 receivers in the league... the guy had one good season!! Finally got over his yips with dropping catches... and has Brett Favre throwing him the ball!!

Now in comparison... 'those' other five receivers over the last 3 years.

Horn..
88 1312
78 973
94 1399

Rod Smith
89 1027
74 845
79 1144

Eric Moulds
100 1287
64 780
88 1043

Darrell Jackson
62 877
68 1137
87 1199

your a joke!

JeffDunne said:
I just think he was disappointing last year. (On Hines Ward)

Roy should be. The Lions have all the makings of an explosive offense and he should put up some big numbers.

I think it's wise to suggest that having Plax walk out of the 'Burgh, is a great sign for Hines who is definately the better WR. The numbers were very reasonable but since we ain't a passing team, I think he shouldn't be discriminated against. Gone to the Pro-Bowl for the third straight time.

I agree that Detroit is one team that I can see ripping it up but the question remains >> how often can they do this ? Will this Detroit 2005 be the surprise packet of this upcoming season ? Very much reminds me of a NO / Rams team. Potent offense, sloppy D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

danielz_23 said:
Hooray for Javon Walker...

2002 - 23 catches 319 yards
2003 - 41 catches 716 yards
2004 - 89 catches 1382 yards

What a star player... like seriously, I can totally understand why he wants to be paid like the top 5 receivers in the league... the guy had one good season!! Finally got over his yips with dropping catches... and has Brett Favre throwing him the ball!!

Now in comparison... 'those' other five receivers over the last 3 years.

Horn..
88 1312
78 973
94 1399

Rod Smith
89 1027
74 845
79 1144

Eric Moulds
100 1287
64 780
88 1043

Darrell Jackson
62 877
68 1137
87 1199

your a joke!

Where not going back 3 seasins now are we? you can only base opinions on how good any player is by there last season and the only player than can competes with Walker is Horn which number are almost identical.

Maulds,Jackson and Smith have all fallen behind Walker and considering Javon is only 26-27 he has a good 6 or so season left in him to outproduce those 3 and really seperate him self from a top 10 reciever to Moss,Owens,Holt standard.

Your the joke mate and if you wanna base everything on the past then Favre is by far the better QB than Manning and Emmit Smith can still juke and tun better than Cedric Benson.

Fool.

tige19 said:
Where not going back 3 seasins now are we? you can only base opinions on how good any player is by there last season and the only player than can competes with Walker is Horn which number are almost identical.

Maulds,Jackson and Smith have all fallen behind Walker and considering Javon is only 26-27 he has a good 6 or so season left in him to outproduce those 3 and really seperate him self from a top 10 reciever to Moss,Owens,Holt standard.

Your the joke mate and if you wanna base everything on the past then Favre is by far the better QB than Manning and Emmit Smith can still juke and tun better than Cedric Benson.

Fool.

Yeah good on ya. Turn it up a bit....

Javon has had one.... one... good season, plain and simple.... and no... im not looking at the future, or potential, or age, or the upside... because these are all pro athletes with loads of talent and potential... and a lot of them go bust! (and some with less little talent do way better). So im baseing my opinion on consistancy!! and what they have done!!, not some fantasy you have made up in your mind about how good Javon 'is'... or 'will be'... etc... there are a lot of variables!! Packers could have a poor season in all areas which will reflect on him, Favre could go down, Javon may not be able to handle double coverages that he may find IF he plays....etc

im smart enough to say that yes there is a high probability that he will become a consistantly good player but he will NEVER reach the standards or Moss, Harrison, Owens, or heck... Horn .... if you have watched him play over the last 3 years you would know that. but you have no logic anyway so im just entertaining myself putting this out there.

and because im looking at what they have DONE... and how consistantly they do it!... I looked at the 3 years... I wasnt pin-pointing a season 3 years ago where they were doing well you fool, I was showing how consistantly high their numbers remained! Never made any reference specifically to a season 3 years ago.

Its quite obvious your in a fantasy land when you close with a comparison of Emmitt Smith with Cedric Benson (how many NFL games has he played?... oh sorry, you see into the future... you joke). That just shows your credability and how much of a fool u just made of yourself.... NEVER COMPARE EMMITT TO BENSON!!

joke

marcuz said:
Am i the only person that found this amusing.

No definitely not...

I've known Tige19 lacked some credibility for quite a while now, but that one just sealed the deal for me...

RE Javon Walker...

I am definitely somewhere in the middle of Danielz's and Tige19's opinions on him.

Yes, he's only had one good season, where he was fairly consistent but not to the level of a Harrison. I think he definitely has the potential to elevate his play to a Harrison/Owens type level, but like anyone he has to work his arse off to get there, it won't be handed to him on a platter.

The major differences between Walker '03 and '04 is:
a) Contact Lenses- Believe it or not, but he had eye problems that weren't known to the team in his first two years, which contributed to a lot of his dropped balls.

b)Dedication- He really worked hard last off-season to become a better player. He spent most of it in Arizona with Terrell Owens (hmmm... what could they have talked about? :mad: ) learning as much as he could from possibly the hardest worker in the game. Basically, he put in the effort to make himself a better player, which I can't fault, and it paid off for him last season.

IF he keeps going the way he's going (not the holding out bit, but working the way he does), I have no doubt he will be a Top 5 WR in a couple of years. On more than one occasion, I've seen him have that Moss-like ability to beat tight double coverages etc. He can go get the ball, no matter where it's thrown. He doesn't have that freakish X-Factor Moss has, but believe me, Walker is loaded with talent, and he has all the tools to make it.

Now, if only he was less worried about his wallet...

in regard to the javon walker debate, i think that it is hard to rate a player based on one season's performance and their upside. consistency is a massive issue. for that reason i won't rate drew brees yet or roesthlisberger until they do it next year at the same level.

comparing benson to emmit is ridiculous. sure benson might be a great running back but he could also be a ki-jana carter of biakabutuka. so until he plays a game, he can't be compared to anyone really

Owens i think shows leadership and is humble in his ability comparimg to Moss which in any case most players would seem humble. I marvled at the Owens played his superbowl beating the odds and pain barrier to showcase how good the guy really is.

RE Walker:
Ive been shot down by a few for my OPINION on Walker but the last time i checked this board is full of people who are allowed to have there own opinions on issues and ive already aired what i think about Javon.

RE Benson&Emmit:
I know this was ridiculos but i needed to put across my view. We cannot go back 3 seasons when rating players its silly, i would prefer to rate players on how they play and perform from last season than go back 3 seasons ago. If we where all to do that then many would have prefered Cory Mckernan to Jeff White or Shane Woewodin to Shane Crawford hence my outragous comparison of Emmit Smit and Cedric Benson.

Credibility or not what ive said is my opinion and im sure that many Packer fans would agree and would prefer Walker to any of those WRs besides Moss and Owens.

cheers

Alright champ, couldnt reply to your private message because you inbox is too full. Perhaps from abuse... haha... just kidding. Not many people agree with you but its fine for you to be a passionate... and biased supporter. I cant cut you down for that, I respect it.
Im just trying to get an idea of what people think and when I see stuff like that its just silly (to me anyway, im sure lots of non-packer fans would agree) but now I understand why you said it...

tige19 said:
RE Benson&Emmit:
I know this was ridiculos but i needed to put across my view. We cannot go back 3 seasons when rating players its silly, i would prefer to rate players on how they play and perform from last season than go back 3 seasons ago. If we where all to do that then many would have prefered Cory Mckernan to Jeff White or Shane Woewodin to Shane Crawford hence my outragous comparison of Emmit Smit and Cedric Benson.

Once again, going around it circles I said that the 3 season thing was a measure of consistancy and how good the player 'really' was, I wasnt measing a player on performance 3 seasons ago. I think your comments bring up a fresh point for me... looking over the 3 years proves that these players arent one-year wonders, which Walker may possibly be.... (and isnt deserving of a ranking in any top 10 until he shows he can). Something that Woewodin could perhaps be seen as, although... probably not to an extreme. But thats not really the point, just an example.

was that owens being humble thing for real? getting back to reality anyway... in my view I dont think Moss is worse than him, I think Moss is more misunderstood because just having a quick thought he has never been quite the show-poney owens has (ie. dallas star, pen, pom poms, trade demands, hold outs...)

I can see where Tige19 is coming from. I wouldn't say Owens is humble but he is honest. He is a leader but he calls out his team mates for not reaching his level of excellence, Garcia can't throw deep, McNabb panicked in the superbowl or the organisation because he deserves a bigger contract etc Most of what he says is correct. He aspires to be great and demands the same from others. Moss is just an arseclown who couldn't care what his team does or what happens on the field.

yeah perhaps. its just scary to think how good they would be if they actually put the effort in some the others guys do... say Harrison for example how doesnt exactly have the size or blistering speed.

Like Owens was great getting back for the superbowl but my impression is that it had a lot more to do with personal accomplishments than that of the team... and that is quite evident by his demands for more cash.

Personally give me the Harrisons, Wards, and Horns of this world over the Owens, Moss's... and seemingly Walkers of the world. Thats just me, but arogance, etc... (which is linked to confidence) is what makes them so great and marketable... thats just the way it is.

coasting said:
I can see where Tige19 is coming from. I wouldn't say Owens is humble but he is honest. He is a leader but he calls out his team mates for not reaching his level of excellence, Garcia can't throw deep, McNabb panicked in the superbowl or the organisation because he deserves a bigger contract etc Most of what he says is correct. He aspires to be great and demands the same from others. Moss is just an arseclown who couldn't care what his team does or what happens on the field.

Owens is a disease, he is not a leader in fact he is far from it. A leader doesn't humiliate his teamates through the media. Owens is umbelievebly talented and nobody rates him more than himself.

Owens wants to win badly but he goes about it the wrong way.

marcuz said:
Owens is a disease, he is not a leader in fact he is far from it. A leader doesn't humiliate his teamates through the media. Owens is umbelievebly talented and nobody rates him more than himself.

Owens wants to win badly but he goes about it the wrong way.

See i disagree here, my view on Owens being humble is based around how he plays football. When Owens is on the field there is noone more focussed on the job and noone who works harder for the team. Perhaps Owens goes about things the wrong way at time but the guy demands perfection, he wants to win and if there werent guys on teams like that then i bet often they would accept mediocrity.

For me i thought it was a tremendous effort for Owens to get up for the Superbowl and if people think that a huge reason he pushed himself was for personal gradification then thats fine but anything Owens does for himself helps the team ten fold. Put it this way if Owens didnt play do you think Phily would have got within 20 of of the Patriots? doubt it.

The difference between Moss and Owens is the fatc that Owens has lead his team to a Superbowl, sure they didnt win but they where 1 recieve short of it and perhaps if a few calls didnt go againts them they might have the ring. Thats 1 thing that Moss hasnt done and to be honest the Vikes on paper werent THAT far of Phily.

cheers

Back