List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the feeling pies rate some of the second round talls in the draft. If the top tall picks are gobbled up in the top 5 as expected then I think the pies will draft the next best after. After the top 5 most teams will be recruiting next best mids I’d imagine so pies are trading into the draft to get talls. Of course getting pick 5 to add Phillips along with Reef and Nick will be adding to our already strongish midfield anyway. Thoughts??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s say the club did make Cameron an offer - perhaps they were then thinking they’d let JDG or Mihocek etc walk.

There’s a big difference between a team like Geelong bringing him in vs a team having to make room.

Interesting you use Geelong as an example of how things should be done but neglect to mention they've had a couple of significant retirements, there's discussion about where Cockatoo and Narkle might ply their trade in 2021, they look like they'll be throwing Steven under a bus, and they have about 20 players OoC at the moment.

Pick 24 is probably too high for Phillips. Would be a great result for Collingwood but I don’t see Hawks doing that. Especially when you consider the money they’d be taking on. Paying some of his salary may tempt them for pick 24? Who knows.

Pick 45 probably slightly less then you’d hope for. Id be happy with pick around 35 for him. Given the hawks don’t have that, we potentially haggle over getting a late future third/fourth rounder for points next year as well.

If not, I wouldn’t lose sleep over taking pick 45 for him.

Get the feeling pies rate some of the second round talls in the draft. If the top tall picks are gobbled up in the top 5 as expected then I think the pies will draft the next best after. After the top 5 most teams will be recruiting next best mids I’d imagine so pies are trading into the draft to get talls.
That is my take on the situation too. Time will tell.

Treloar and Phillips to Hawks for Pick 4
Would be absolutely stoked with a result like this.

I’m just not sure how interested the Hawks would be in Treloar. To me a midfield of Treloar, Mitchell and Worpel, is just too much of the same for me.

2018/17 Treloar would add a point of difference. We haven’t seen that Treloar for a long time though

Pick 24 is probably too high for Phillips. Would be a great result for Collingwood but I don’t see Hawks doing that. Especially when you consider the money they’d be taking on. Paying some of his salary may tempt them for pick 24? Who knows.

Pick 45 probably slightly less then you’d hope for. Id be happy with pick around 35 for him. Given the hawks don’t have that, we potentially haggle over getting a late future third/fourth rounder for points next year as well.

Can always throw a 3rd back their way... but pick 24 should be the outcome. Aish went for a pick in the 20s. Similar player Ed Langdon went for a pick in the 20s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Treloar were to go to the Saints, Pick 15 + future 2nd (Daicos points) + Oscar Clavarino as steak knives, KPD 197cm, ready size to play straight away if need be. It's a far cry from pick 5 + from GCS but doesn't sound like that on the table.

Pick 24 is a good and fair result for Phillips, particularly for people with memories that go further back than the last 6 months.

If Treloar is on the way out, the Pies will do well to play their hand in the final hours of trade week.

Interested clubs will continue to emerge - we can be patient and play this to get maximum value, while also being the club which holds other deals ransom and play everything to our timeline.

if we have learned anything it’s as simple aa this....
You can’t play “mids” as forwards.
A forward needs to be dangerous and kick goals or assist.
They have an eye to want to score.
Cal Brown or JT do not.
So recruit natural forwards.
Simple equation

Seriously? I think that's a pretty extreme generalisation. Who kicked the most goals in the GF? Peter Daicos was pretty handy when moved forward. Even Thomas managed to kick 38 goals in 2018. Not sure I agree with you.

Pick 24 is no chance this is a salary dump, we will get robbed again.
Agree. I had Phillips value at around 30 before the trade period. Given everything that’s happened since then it’s a bit fanciful to see us walking away with 24.

It's always been pick 5 and Brodie for mine, if Treloar is to be traded to the Suns.

A 22yo inside mid with good size and ability to find the football fits our list profile and midfield mix pretty well in a number of ways.

I'm not sold. I'd rather extra picks. We've got Sier, recruited Rantall last year, will get McInnes this year. I don't see adding a guy who has managed 20 games across 4 season at the bottom team in the league as what we need.

If Treloar were to go to the Saints, Pick 15 + future 2nd (Daicos points) + Oscar Clavarino as steak knives, KPD 197cm, ready size to play straight away if need be. It's a far cry from pick 5 + from GCS but doesn't sound like that on the table.

Yeah i agree. If it as desperate as the media are making out to be that we need to dump Treloar's salary, this would be about as good a result as we can get.

It would give us 2 first round picks to try and move into the top 10 with. It hurts us, but at least we clean up our cap and can hit 2021 off-season with the ability to attract a gun FA. Next year might just be a development year.

Pick 24 too high?
Remind me what position does Pick 24 play? How many touches does he average?
Don't forget our ability to * up draft picks in the top 10 like scharenberg and freeman, what makes you think we will nail a better player than Phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back