List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have the 3rd best ruck in the comp, they are not paying a fortune to have the 2nd best

I'd say Nic Nat & Gawn are clearly better than both. So at best we have the 3rd best ruckman. The contract we gave to him is indicative of the mismanagement of our list & has certainly contributed to last seasons fire sale.

I think it makes sense for the club to first assess the coaching situation prior to making any more bet the farm type plays.

I also don’t think De Goey has any currency at the moment. Until his court case has been determined, and accounting for his behaviour this season (whether overblown or not), clubs aren’t likely to entertain deals involving him.

This!!!!!!
We may have a new coach in 2022 with an entirely different game plan that may set free a number of players bogged down with the way we play.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater again in next years trade period. Move on the the older veterans such as Mayne & Greenwood & make tough calls on the guys playing VFL who will not make it. Other than that hold firm until we have seen these players playing under a different set of coaches. At least for one year.

I would offer Grundy to Adelaide for free as long as they picked up the entirety of his contract, i would even throw in a second rounder to get it done, we're going nowhere anytime soon paying him 900k+PA, that's almost 10% of our cap, he wasn't worth that when he was playing well.
Grundy’s contract isn’t the issue. It’s guys like WHE and Thomas who got inflated contracts off the back of 2018 that’s been killing us.

Really hope G.Wright sees that the list clearly has some gaping holes in it...
Firstly from a players age average. (Need more players in the 22-28 age bracket) Secondly having a lack of first round talent on the list, in that same age bracket.

The ONLY way to address this is to go to the draft for a 2-3 year period, pick up some top 10 draft picks of pure midfielders and key position players. Retire off club greats in Pendles, Sidey and Howe. Top up list with a few moneyball competent role players. Get the best available free agent FF/CHF/CHB/FB players in 2023-24. It’s FULL REBUILD time NOW. No shortcuts please. To most of us on here, surely this is obvious right?

Then there’s the coaching issue... I get the feeling if the club lets Buckley go, (which I think they should) The next coach may have unrealistic expectations put upon them from the boardroom to perform well immediately onfield. Does Korda still think we’re going to play finals this year? Surely a 3 year grace period is warranted to not play finals while in rebuild mode?
The million dollar question though, is will they afford Mr Buckley the next 3 years?

Players l will look to move on at seasons end, with an aim to get back into the later stages of the draft....

Cox
Sidebottom
Thomas
WHE
Sier

Hopefully in turn, we are able to attract a couple of free agents, relevant to our needs...

Grundy’s contract isn’t the issue. It’s guys like WHE and Thomas who got inflated contracts off the back of 2018 that’s been killing us.

Yea this Grundy contract obsession is getting ridiculous. Grundy's still consistently one of our best players on game day each week. It's not like he's being paid a big contract and failing to make it on the park for years like Franklin. He's playing better and more consistently than other big earners like Jeremy McGovern, Brad Hill, Josh Kelly, Tim Kelly, Andrew Gaff etc who are all getting close to a million. I'd pick Grundy in an instant over any of those guys.

Sure he's not having the match winning impact this year as he did in previous years but it's hard to be matchwinner for us this year when our side is so crap. It's the coaching game plan, the dismal output from other senior players like Thomas/WHE/Sidebottom/Mayne and the inexperience of our kids that's the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Nic Nat & Gawn are clearly better than both. So at best we have the 3rd best ruckman. The contract we gave to him is indicative of the mismanagement of our list & has certainly contributed to last seasons fire sale.
I just went by Supercoach, it's far from ideal but it's gets you in the ball park

We should make a play for Joel Amartey. 21yo 197cm and 96kg, looked good against us in the VFL yesterday.

I also like the Look at Him and a Big Forward we Badly Need and struggles to get a Game at the Swans.

Walk up Starter for us

I also like the Look at Him and a Big Forward we Badly Need and struggles to get a Game at the Swans.

Walk up Starter for us
You would think Logan McDonald would go past him and they also have Sam Reid and Nick Blakey. Not sure if Buddy is finished yet or not.

So which clubs picks do we have this year? Dogs second rounder and who else?

Basically none as all the picks we do have are needed for Daicos plus more as we are short points on any top 4 bid.

And then there is Dib.

Will likely be Daicos, Dib and then a heap of very late selections to fill list spots so we can use said picks as points.

Might get potted for this, but I think Jarrod Brander is another young OOC player with potential in the right age bracket whose agent we should be getting in the ear of. Could play a very useful role as a roaming CHF for us if we could bring him in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back