List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Sier, who is still only 23, is expected to generate interest over the next few weeks which could yet result in a lifeline at another club for next season.....

He could be a 3rd rounder....

I had hopes for him but didnt work out. Don't think he has much to offer and if a club throws him a lifeline it will be that, and they will expect not to pay.

I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying we should but if Geelong offers us a trade that is over market price/the ability we estimate him to have, then we shouldn't be so ignorant not to entertain the thought. It's an IF. Not a LET'S DO IT. IF. Hypothetical.
It's a no no matter what they offer, it's the most unrealistic trade scenario I have ever heard

True but isn’t it more enjoyable Cats still trying to buy a flag in last few years they siphoned in and still fall short. I know I enjoy it. Add to that, likelihood at best Danger, Selwood, Tomahawk only have two years tops before they retire and Geelong have no choice but to rebuild. Oh the Glory days (and probably just as we start to gain some more traction up the ladder too).
I was rapt the Cats missed out this year. Ithink that boat has sailed for them. I can see why they loaded up and went for a flag but if it didnt happen it was always going to hurt them going forward.

No way we swap Ollie unless we got a crazy offer. Biggest risk is he will want to go home in a few seasons. play with his brother in his home town would be a big pull. Robroy22 would know but the biggest danger will be if he is a surfer also (even more if Jack also). If he is then he will try to get home at some point. It would be his perfect lifestyle.

I was rapt the Cats missed out this year. Ithink that boat has sailed for them. I can see why they loaded up and went for a flag but if it didnt happen it was always going to hurt them going forward.

No way we swap Ollie unless we got a crazy offer. Biggest risk is he will want to go home in a few seasons. play with his brother in his home town would be a big pull. Robroy22 would know but the biggest danger will be if he is a surfer also (even more if Jack also). If he is then he will try to get home at some point. It would be his perfect lifestyle.
They are quite a few years apart, chances are they never played junior footy together or grew up with the same influences. Many players don't go to play where their brother is, I don't see why Ollie would be any different

Scott leaving the list in a very deep hole is hopefully good news for Collingwood…. Maybe Henry won’t wan5 to play for a club that is heading south. Similarly Geelongs recruitment strategy might start to be more imaginative than just looking for local kids who want to come home because they like surfing. That strategy has been a failure so far.

Maybe as Geelong crawl down the ladder over the next couple of years Jack will want to come to a real city and play with Ollie?

He’d actually fit quite nicely in our side

Fingers crossed upside is he’s only down the road from Geelong (so to speak). Or does he still live down there and commute up here to play aka Cloke lived down that way? Not sure. Just know he got booked speeding to training once. Whereas the King bros play different states.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful and have never been to anyone. You can read all my posts. But people seem to be so uptight in here sometimes.

Come on, read between the lines. How stupid would I be if I really believed Kelly (who’s played two seconds for us since he came over) would get anywhere near that.

Anyhow, Jen if you feel that I have trod on your foot and been disrespectful then I apologise. It was not my intention but more trying to be light hearted add on to your post ☺

Apologies if I jumped the gun and yep, we're all pretty uptight.

I'd humbly recommend the use of emojis to help us slow ones out a bit. :)

Thank you for making the effort to explain.

We nailed our selection in the late teens, the kid looks an awesome talent and people talking bout trading him.
Posts in here sometimes are borderline insane. Wouldn't trade this kid at all.
I would be throwing a 4 year deal at him to keep him and send Geelong packing.
The one kid (and I know he’s been with us for a little while) I unfortunately can’t see him bridging the lofty heights of some we picked up last year is Murphy. He’s definitely a trier and puts in his heart n soul but I think so far he lacks that polish to go with it.

Both the boys surf GC and pretty well too I might add (for big guys)....but they're both also realistic and driven to be the best footballers (once upon a time it was athletes they both wanted to be but now its AFL players) that they can be. The big drawcard that Geelong could use would be to offer Ollie a chance to play with his brother (that's where we'd have to be careful cos they're pretty tight).
From what I've seen so far it appears to me that Ollie is pretty happy with the Pies and isn't at all concerned with any thoughts of "lifestyle decisions" or moving back to the coast. Its up to the Pies now to not give him any reason to alter those thoughts!

His Dad is an element his football.

As for junior footy, I wouldn't look too much into that. He's born in the second half the year and, this may sound crazy, but there's a phenomenon in sport about second half babies and being underrated as juniors as they are younger than their peers, receive less coaching, generally take a few more months to hit puberty than say a January baby, etc. In fact, very few top ten picks have been born after the NFY in the past ten years. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case but as a junior, you can't read into it too much as junior footy is junior footy.
The irony of you trying to convince us that his Dad is the reason people want him in defence and then saying that where he performed best in his draft year is beyond astonishing….

Apologies if I jumped the gun and yep, we're all pretty uptight.

I'd humbly recommend the use of emojis to help us slow ones out a bit. :)

Thank you for making the effort to explain.
Hey, family misunderstand each other all the time right? 🤣

6321901E-BA61-4798-BF32-F0E27199CABA.jpeg

How about I share my free day out of lockdown with everyone? 👍😬

Both the boys surf GC and pretty well too I might add (for big guys)....but they're both also realistic and driven to be the best footballers (once upon a time it was athletes they both wanted to be but now its AFL players) that they can be. The big drawcard that Geelong could use would be to offer Ollie a chance to play with his brother (that's where we'd have to be careful cos they're pretty tight).
From what I've seen so far it appears to me that Ollie is pretty happy with the Pies and isn't at all concerned with any thoughts of "lifestyle decisions" or moving back to the coast. Its up to the Pies now to not give him any reason to alter those thoughts!

Really not that far between Melbourne and Geelong Really

Stupid is as stupid does.

Jen is one of the most valued and respected posters in our community. She is also unfailingly polite.

It's fine to disagree, it's not OK to bite. Ease up.
I haven’t read through the whole thread yet and I hope it’s been resolved, but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t having a go, but running along with Jens gag.
I admit I had to read it twice before realising he wasn’t having a crack though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back