List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying we should do this but hypothetically could we trade our future 1st and then take the points hit for Daicos to our later picks next year?

Say something like future first for a Logan Mac/Rowell type then downgrade 2nd round due to point deficit. Would the downgrade be harsher given lower picks at worth less points?
I just think we really need to ban ourself from trading next years first all together. There’s a massive possibility we are going to have a chance to draft the best two kids in the country this year and next, so I am happy to sit tight on the pick and try and avoid the deficit in other ways.

I just think we really need to ban ourself from trading next years first all together. There’s a massive possibility we are going to have a chance to draft the best two kids in the country this year and next, so I am happy to sit tight on the pick and try and avoid the deficit in other ways.
I agree with you, I'm just curious about the rules. Saying that, I think people overestimate future top picks compared to past. Everyone thinks they will get the Sam Walsh and not the Shache.

I agree with you, I'm just curious about the rules. Saying that, I think people overestimate future top picks compared to past. Everyone thinks they will get the Sam Walsh and not the Shache.
We just have to back ourselves in and pick up the best talent available and pray to the footy gods they are going to help us get this rebuild right.

It’s not a certainty but we are a chance to finish bottom 3 next season plus maybe lose a free agent so we cannot afford a chance to lose 2 top 5 picks for some short term gratification
I think you're missing the point. The hypothetical was trading for a high draft pick from the past few years. It's not short term gratification. If someone came to is and offered 1 of B, King, Lukiousios (sp?) Rowel Or Logan Mac you wouldn't trade our first for it? Are any of our FA unrestricted next year? I thought they were restricted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many adequate members do we need. Now I’m very much in the camp of better ball movement and quality delivery will make the forward line so I’m not sold on spending big on KPFs…but if we must we must. Don’t continue with these experiments and expect a different result.
how ever many are adequate to win a flag?

Not saying we should do this but hypothetically could we trade our future 1st and then take the points hit for Daicos to our later picks next year?

Say something like future first for a Logan Mac/Rowell type then downgrade 2nd round due to point deficit. Would the downgrade be harsher given lower picks at worth less points?

Please stop with the horrible and unneccesary / unrealistic "hypotheticals" - I very nearly threw my dinner up reading this one... o_O

For what it's worth Swans aren't trading McDonald and Suns aren't trading Rowell for an unknown future first round pick, so you can forget that part of the hypothetical right off the bat.

We also don't need to trade our future first and second round picks (which should be used hopefully to secure a solid KPP or even two in next year's draft) just to match a bid on Daicos. I'm confident we can acquire the 700-odd points we'll need to match a bid on Daicos in other ways.

Last edited:
Another season behind the superannuation midfield more fool him

The way Geelong are going he'll be early-30's himself before he locks down a spot in AFL midfield. Gotta keep topping up to get Selwood another flag after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back