List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the club is going to be brutally honest about the list, there will be at least 8 outs.

I don't think the club is going to be that honest two years in a row without draft picks. They got away with it last year because they had selections. We don't this year. We'll do a Doggies and probably take two kids, maybe three at the national draft unless we trade away players. You can delist as many people as you want but there needs to be a means to replace them.

Do they even want to let him go? Dorkins must be near finished and Ratinyaear isn’t cutting it.

Hawkins must be near finished after kicking 62 goals? Doubt they're shipping him off to retirement on the farm just yet...

How much is Weid and Krueger going to cost.

Weid isn't going to cost anything. He's re-signed to Melbourne.

Kreuger's market value is a fourth rounder, if that. Geelong would accept a future pick as they have no real leverage over him. He can walk to the PSD if he absolutely has to but that won't happen. We may pair a few later picks for an assortment or include a player to sweeten the deal.

Considering how rarely it's used and how it always seems a bit dodgy, i don't understand why the AFL have kept the PSD. Is it Player's Association request to give a tiny bit more flexibility in terms of player movement?

Its a security blanket for OOC players that helps them get where they want to go if their club is being a bit of a prick about trading them. The PSD is entirely necessary in the current climate and not likely to disappear anytime soon.

Weid isn't going to cost anything. He's re-signed to Melbourne.

Kreuger's market value is a fourth rounder, if that. Geelong would accept a future pick as they have no real leverage over him. He can walk to the PSD if he absolutely has to but that won't happen. We may pair a few later picks for an assortment or include a player to sweeten the deal.

Fifth rounder (pick 75) that will turn into a pick in the mid-to-late 60's pretty quickly on draft day is enough in return for Kreuger.

Dumont interests me. What’s the knock on him from Roos supporters?

If we were looking for that type though I’d expect Dunstan to be looked at first.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Dumont as a player. Pretty good averages.

Dunstan. Now, I like Dunstan from a fantasy perspective. Normally made a lot of points until he stopped getting selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who can we eek out from the Giants given their salary cap?

Its a security blanket for OOC players that helps them get where they want to go if their club is being a bit of a prick about trading them. The PSD is entirely necessary in the current climate and not likely to disappear anytime soon.
I can't think of anyone other than Martin thats used it that way in a decade.

Kreuger is firmly in junk pick territory (ie. 5th round pick swaps), but Lipinski via the PSD would be just fine and dandy...

Agreed, but does our work over the the past few off-seasons fill you with confidence? The more I here from Rendell the more I begin to understand the why of our recent poor trading history. He was absolutely one that had complete faith in his scouting and didn’t build in any buffers at trade time.

Baffles me that people in here are against using the PSD. It's part of the system and part of the advantage of finishing 17th. Every team tries to screw us so who cares about relations with the dogs or cats.

I'm personally not but AFL clubs just don't do it. There are like 2 picks each year (go through Wikipedia) but you just don't. PSD is a last resort used when a player can't get to their destination club. So it's not designed to be used if you can reach a trade and a trade should be worked upon first. List managers prefer trading because it looks better, you form a relationship with clubs and you're not exploiting the system. Imagine if Collingwood PSD Kreuger, Lipinski and another player. Everyone would whinge we got talent for free, cheated, etc when one other club took another player. Last year it was only Jackson Hately. Who dat? Exactly.

You want a relationship with clubs otherwise they will try and screw you over. I think we're bitter as a club to various teams and list managers who exploit the system so we can't exactly be hypocritical.

Should get Kreuger in Week 1 sometime. Wouldn't expect it to be a long process.

I can't think of anyone other than Martin thats used it that way in a decade.

The three I can recall are Hately, Martin and, going back a bit, I think Jed Lamb also used the PSD to get from Sydney to GWS after Sydney refused to trade him?

It's not used very often admittedly, but the security blanket is still there and it's still needed on occasion when clubs can't sort it out at the trade table.

The three I can recall are Hately, Martin and, going back a bit, I think Jed Lamb also used the PSD to get from Sydney to GWS after Sydney refused to trade him?

It's not used very often admittedly, but the security blanket is still there and it's still needed on occasion when clubs can't sort it out at the trade table.

Hartley did as well and a few players like Aaron Hall worked their way on to lists via it but generally clubs save their effort for the rookie draft which is literally later the same day!

He was referring to a typo. You wrote sediment but meant sentiment.
I know what he is meaning, still does not change my point. Sco new what l was meaning, at that all that matters. I have never been a great speller, and it will not change now

Agreed, but does our work over the the past few off-seasons fill you with confidence? The more I here from Rendell the more I begin to understand the why of our recent poor trading history. He was absolutely one that had complete faith in his scouting and didn’t build in any buffers at trade time.

I'm cautiously optimistic now that we don't have a dumbass president wining and dining trade targets in public view or a list management team who wait until the last possible moment to push a deal through and then cave in magnificently.

Having said that our more recent efforts at the trade table have admittedly left me scarred and somewhat reluctant to stick my neck out and say I'm confident that we'll get it right this time though, if that is what you're referring to.

Hawkins must be near finished after kicking 62 goals? Doubt they're shipping him off to retirement on the farm just yet...
Yes he’s quite amazing. 32 next year so that’s where my thinking comes from. As Kreuger watches on and ponders his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back