List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

seems pretty obvious to me, even if both boys are equally not really a flight risk, that mckercher is still the greater flight risk purely because afl house is as crooked as a barrel of snakes. look at the s**t they pulled this year to give north the capital to go after reid. and it absolutely was so they could get pick 1 when you hear the rumours they have been dangling soft cap relief at us to play ball on a pick 1 trade. when it comes to a pet project like tassie i wouldn't trust them as far as i can drop kick gil.

Yeah I agree. It annoys me greatly when people say we shouldn't draft Mckercher because he's a "flight risk" but at the same time they are happy to take Reid & downplay it.

Does it annoy you when people say we should draft Curtin (or McKercher) because Reid is allegedly a flight risk?

seems pretty obvious to me, even if both boys are equally not really a flight risk, that mckercher is still the greater flight risk purely because afl house is as crooked as a barrel of snakes. look at the s**t they pulled this year to give north the capital to go after reid. and it absolutely was so they could get pick 1 when you hear the rumours they have been dangling soft cap relief at us to play ball on a pick 1 trade. when it comes to a pet project like tassie i wouldn't trust them as far as i can drop kick gil.
Haven't heard the soft cap rumour but considering how rich WCE are, I doubt it was enticing.

I'm intrigued by this mate... we were always under the impression we were given the later picks to try to trade down for Sanders as they declined the pre-listing and the points pretty much worked out to his perceived worth (and the rumour was it was to satisfy GC for pick 4 which in itself is the AFL looking after their toys, something that fell down when the Dogs went in hard).

Thanks for offering CC but just put the thread up before seeing this post

Link here

Meant to do it last night but got sidetracked
Now I get to look like a good bloke without putting in the work. Even better!

On Gettable today when Cal was asked what he thought would get a trade for pick 1 done he posed two hypothetical trades that he thought would get West Coast's attention:
1. Pick 2 or 3 and picks 15, 17 and 18; or
2. Pick 2 and pick 15, 17 or 18 and North's future 1st.

He emphasized that West Coast can be "greedy" with their asking price and the current offers aren't particularly compelling atm.
He also discussed how this is North's one shot at Harley.

From 27 minutes:
GETTABLE: Six clubs set to 'splash cash', GWS targets, Dons options, No.1 latest

Last edited:
On Gettable today when Cal was asked what he thought would get a trade for pick 1 done he posed two hypothetical trades that he thought would get West Coast's attention:

He emphasized that West Coast can be "greedy" with their asking price and the current offers aren't particularly compelling atm.

From 27 minutes:
GETTABLE: Six clubs set to 'splash cash', GWS targets, Dons options, No.1 latest

He did also mention we haven’t actually rejected North and Melbournes last offers, but we had no reason to move on them yet.

I don’t think we’ll accept them, but hopefully we don’t fold on draft night for either one of those offers.

He did also mention we haven’t actually rejected North and Melbournes last offers, but we had no reason to move on them yet.

I don’t think we’ll accept them, but hopefully we don’t fold on draft night for either one of those offers.

Jeez I would have though the King of Queens meme from the social media team was essentially saying 'lol no we don't accept your crap offers'.

I don't think you'll accept them either Terry but I did wonder what he meant by "no reason to move on them yet" as that was in his initial tweet. At that Gary Lyon seemed a bit melty about it and no doubt he is Demons inner sanctum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder when (if?) we'll hear from the club about Zane Trew's contract.

First list lodgement was apparently yesterday and there were all sorts of announcements from clubs about finalising their lists ahead of the draft. Was reported that Trew had been given a one-year rookie deal but nothing from the club on that yet. Surely this would be a pretty simple deal to tick off?

Would also be nice to hear about what's going to happen with our Cat Bs Tyrell Dewar and Jordyn Baker.

Especially with training starting again next week for 1st-4th year players

I asked the club :

1) Does Zane Trew get a new contract or will that not be determined until the draft?
2) Is Jai Culley likely to be promoted to the main list or remain on the rookie list for 2024?
3) Are Tyrell Dewar and Jordyn Baker contracted for next year?

And got this response

Hey Keys, all of these lis questions will be answered when we lodge our final list for the year (after draft).

That was not quite 2 weeks ago

Yeah I agree. It annoys me greatly when people say we shouldn't draft Mckercher because he's a "flight risk" but at the same time they are happy to take Reid & downplay it.
Except the opposite is the prevailing narrative from the media and just about anyone else having a say on us taking Reid, so we're trying to balance out the discussion.

I asked the club :

1) Does Zane Trew get a new contract or will that not be determined until the draft?
2) Is Jai Culley likely to be promoted to the main list or remain on the rookie list for 2024?
3) Are Tyrell Dewar and Jordyn Baker contracted for next year?

And got this response

Hey Keys, all of these lis questions will be answered when we lodge our final list for the year (after draft).

That was not quite 2 weeks ago
I speak fluent PR, that means 'feck off, pleb'.

On that Gettable section he's says "...to make the eagles really think about it....or....get them to think about it" not that those would be the price it'd take to get pick one done.
He's being sneaky with the word choice because odds are those suggestions get rejected as well.
Yes, that's why I phrased it as "gets West Coast's attention" because Cal wasn't suggesting that the offers he was proposing would definitely enable a trade. Just that they would be considered.

From 27 minutes:
2 OR 3 AND the three later pick

Very different to

2 F1 and one of later 3

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

From 27 minutes:
I will only accept option 2 and not melt as hard. but that assumes norf bottom 3

I'll crack the shits at option 1.

Both GWS and Geelong told north to gtfo with their pick 15 and 17 for pick 8/9 that should tell you something.

I'll be honest I really don't see how the heck media and norf people can possibly think 2 and 3 is superior to pick 2 and F1 and in addition to 15 and/or 17.

It's like they dig themselves in a hole by saying you no touch 2 and 3. Here's the bounty of gold.

Duggan RFA next year as well, could be a win win situation. If he signs on, great we need to keep our leaders and he's an important player. If he leaves however we could be looking at a early first rounder if he triggers band 1 compo.

Twomey also suggested we will target English and possibly Baker next year. Said we went hard at Baker before he re-signed with Richmond.

Duggan RFA next year as well, could be a win win situation. If he signs on, great we need to keep our leaders and he's an important player. If he leaves however we could be looking at a early first rounder if he triggers band 1 compo.

Twomey also suggested we will target English and possibly Baker next year. Said we went hard at Baker before he re-signed with Richmond.

Lol, I hope some club pays enough for Duggan to command a band 1 compo pick.

Knowing us we’d probably still re-sign him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back