List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Just so people know am following the thread but am unable to post on players and pick trade specifics until after the draft.

Have heard Melbourne still trying to trade for pick 1 btw (can't give specifics) as well so it would seem unlikely they would be willing to trade with North in any way that dilutes their overall position.

I guess this is rhetorical seeing as you said you cant answerz but what more can Melbourne add to 6, 11 and their future 1st?

An early season heavy weight matchup between Colby McKercher and Harley Reid. Both played brilliantly on the day, but unfortunately for Colby his Tassie Devils went down to the Bendigo Pioneers.

He's a jet.

I'm in the JTR camp but if we did manage to snap up 2 and another top 6 pick, I'd be more than happy with McKercher in our midfield. He'd compliment Ginbey and Hewett well

I guess this is rhetorical seeing as you said you cant answerz but what more can Melbourne add to 6, 11 and their future 1st?
Nothing, unless the below has changed.

Under the AFL's rules, clubs can trade out a future first-round draft selection but if they do that, must retain the rest of their future selections for that draft. If they trade out a second, third or fourth-round future pick, they must hold their first-rounder for that year.

Under the AFL's rules, clubs can trade out a future first-round draft selection but if they do that, must retain the rest of their future selections for that draft. If they trade out a second, third or fourth-round future pick, they must hold their first-rounder for that year.

I guess they could try and trade the F1 to someone. Maybe Crows would take the punt for some more assets for Draper. Try and offer us 6,11,14

I suspect that North want Reid (which I know is an obvious thing to say) but also that West Coast would prefer multiple early picks rather than one (albeit they’re happy to take that one given the quality of Reid)

The problem has always been that although North have multiple 1st round picks, those picks at opposite ends of the round - 2,3, big gap, 15,17,18

WC would jump at 2 and 3 but North, quite rightly, aren’t going to offer that. Instead they’ve put 2 plus 2 of the later picks on the table which WC, quite rightly, aren’t interested in

There needs to be a better spread of picks which needs Melbourne to get involved with their 6 and 11

Now North could approach Melbourne if they really wanted Reid or WC could do the same if they really wanted to split pick 1

I’m guessing neither club wants to be the one to move first so it becomes a waiting game to see if either club shifts or they both hold their nerve

Personally I think if we walked away with something like 2,11,15 and leaving North with 1,6,17,18 both clubs could be in a better position than they are now

Melbourne might want something better than 3 for 6 and 11 though which is where it gets tricky

Besides norf not giving up 2 and 3, here is another reason I don't think we will trade Pick 1.

There is no certainty on when Curtin will be drafted, and he may slide, so I think we will try to live trade our F1 if Curtin slides.

Saying this another way, there is no point trading NOW for Pick 6, thinking we might get Curtin, if Curtin then gets selected at Pick 5 by someone else.

So the more likely trading scenarios are for live trading F1 in in the middle part of the first round on draft night?

Besides norf not giving up 2 and 3, here is another reason I don't think we will trade Pick 1.

There is no certainty on when Curtin will be drafted, and he may slide, so I think we will try to live trade our F1 if Curtin slides.

Saying this another way, there is no point trading NOW for Pick 6, thinking we might get Curtin, if Curtin then gets selected at Pick 5 by someone else.

So the more likely trading scenarios are for live trading F1 in in the middle part of the first round on draft night?
Fair point but if we trade our F1 on draft night we will get bent over (eg Melb pick 6 or Cats pick 8 straight swap for F1 when we reek of desperation). If we are going to trade F1, I’d rather do it now and get more value for it (eg 6, 11 and F1 from Melb for F1 and 23 or 37) but there just needs to be a plan in case our target isn’t available (eg 6-Curtin or O’Sullivan and 11-Windsor or Wilson).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah me either, just thinking what else they could do.
Yeah, Hawks and Dees had a crack with all they could (pick wise). I think the only trade we would accept is 2,3
or 2,15,F1 from North which they won’t offer. Seems like most supporters from both sides are pretty happy with the status quo.

Even if they fudge the rules to allow that I can’t see it doing much to move the needle. We’re after two high end picks, not a mid top 10 pick and a handful of shite.

If we already turned down Norths offer of 2 and 15,17 and Hawthorns 4+F1 I can’t see how Melbourne get remotely close with what they have. Even their entire hand over the next 2 drafts would likely be turned down because of the lack of any top tier picks.

Likely just Lyon behind the scenes chucking the toys out the cot (and demanding they do whatever it takes) because his side is losing the plot right in the middle of their window, that they’ve tanked worked so hard to achieve.

So we pick Reid at 1, but then when Curtin is still available at pick 6 we retrospectively trade 1 for 6,11&F1?

:think:

Ridiculous Mega Trade

This is a mega trade consisting of WC's alleged trade partners for #1. 2024 picks are based on this year's finishing positions. West Coast end up with an outrageous +5134 in points value.

This is just for a laugh, not a real proposition

Adelaide
Give: 10, 14, 20
Get: 8, 18, F1(Melbourne 13)

2023 Hand: 8, 18, 89
2024 Hand: 9, 13, 29, 33, 57
Point differential: +280
Takeaway: Adelaide still gets McCabe this year, and have 2 first-rounders to try get Draper next year.

Geelong
Give: 8, F1
Get: 15, 16, 23, 57

2023 Hand: 15, 16, 23, 57
2024 Hand: 27, 45, 63
Point differential: +74
Takeaway: Geelong gets a slather of later picks they can build with. Typical Geelong stuff.

Greater Western Sydney
Give: 7, 16
Get: 10, F1(Geelong 9)

2023 Hand: 10, 43, 59
2024 Hand: 7, 9, 35, 53
Point differential: +235
Takeaway: GWS slides back a bit this year for an upgrade next year.

Melbourne
Give: 6, 11, F1
Get: 2, 20

2023 Hand: 2, 20, 42
2024 Hand: 31, 48, 69
Point differential: -636
Takeaway: Melbourne use 2(3 after Walter) to select Duursma. They'd be backing themselves to finish higher in 2024 and devalue their F1.

North Melbourne
Give: 2, 3, 15, 18, F1
Get: 1, 7, 11, 14

2023 Hand: 1, 7, 11, 14, 17, 57
2024 Hand: 22, 40, 58
Point differential: -3739
Takeaway: The mighty Shinbeggers cash in the house chips that mummy Laura Kane lent them. They still have a ridiculous hand even though they give up 2, 3 & F1.

West Coast
Give: 1, 23, 57
Get: 3, 6, 14, 18, F1(North Melbourne 2)

2023 Hand: 3, 6, 14, 18, 37
2024 Hand: 1, 2, 21, 39
Point differential: +5134
Takeaway: WC misses out on Reid, but does get McKercher, Curtin, Murphy, Tholstrup & ZZ. They also have picks 1 & 2 in 2024.
Nek Minit reality sets in

NM
Out Victoria
In Tasmania

And yes Reid will be a gun.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nek Minit reality sets in

WC.
Out Nada.
2023 Draft Hand: 1,23(27), 58.

And yes Reid will be a gun.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Well our 2023 draft hand will end up being 1,23(28),37(39),58(48) so you can’t even get reality right

Your post has now been edited for trolling

Have a good day

Last edited:
Bookmark..

Yep mckercher is equal with Reid on output and probably future prospect.
Reid will be a slow burn - will take a few years to get an afl tank and build up his body

Bookmark..

Yep mckercher is equal with Reid on output and probably future prospect.
Reid will be a slow burn - will take a few years to get an afl tank and build up his body
Slow burn to fill his potential sure, but his exposed form in VFL shows after a pre season he should already be ready for a role in AFL where should have some impact.

So the more likely trading scenarios are for live trading F1 in in the middle part of the first round on draft
from norf board

I’d trade our first pick in 24 for Reid and 2 teen picks
1,2,3 sounds ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back