List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the murmurs around Jon Patton have started. Wtf is going on at GWS?

Would take Patton in a heartbeat.

FWIW I saw him at the airport in late September in Sydney does not move well if he was a racehorse you wouldn’t be backing him at all.

FWIW I saw him at the airport in late September in Sydney does not move well if he was a racehorse you wouldn’t be backing him at all.
If he’s limping around in February, March, I’d be concerned, but majority of these boys would be walking wounded late September plus didn’t he have surgery for something this year?

I'm expecting Scully and Hall to be two of the trade period bargains. Both set to only cost a late pick. It's remarkable. Both should be walk-up starts on any team and are massive difference makers. They're both so idea for the modern game and with games to open up in 2019, those outside types who can cover the ground and rack it up like they can will become more influential in the modern game.

On Roughead. A waste of a senior list position.

As I tweeted 'A lot of people talking about Jordan Roughead like he's a best 22 calibre player. He's a depth player with no position. Ruck? He's a poor tap ruckman - at the worst possible time with rule changes. Not a great 1v1 defender and not a factor forward of centre.'

*And I took it easy on Roughead as a defender and forward.

Now the murmurs around Jon Patton have started. Wtf is going on at GWS?

Would take Patton in a heartbeat.
A thorough medical would, at best, reveal a heartbeat. The rest of him is shot.

If he’s limping around in February, March, I’d be concerned, but majority of these boys would be walking wounded late September plus didn’t he have surgery for something this year?

Yeah In July hence my concern

He’s also unlikely to play much of at all next year

A thorough medical would, at best, reveal a heartbeat. The rest of him is shot.
Yeah In July hence my concern

He’s also unlikely to play much of at all next year
You gotta give him a break. He is just 25 too.

WHE was the last GWS player we got and he couldn’t get on the park either. Hasn’t been too bad in the B&W since.

You gotta give him a break. He is just 25 too.

WHE was the last GWS player we got and he couldn’t get on the park either. Hasn’t been too bad in the B&W since.
I’m happy for one of the other 17 clubs to give him a break. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of Scully considerations is a team contending surely we at least ask the question. Treloar and Adams go to work , wasn’t someone posting that they were working on someone

Tom Scully is determined to move back to a Melbourne based club in the trade period

SAM EDMUND, MICHAEL WARNER, Herald Sun
October 12, 2018 5:48pm
Subscriber only

HAWTHORN is backing in its renowned rehabilitation program to restore Greater Western Sydney gut-runner Tom Scully to peak form.

But the Hawks face a dilemma in convincing Ryan Burton to leave as part of the Chad Wingard trade, with the contracted young gun weighing up whether to refuse being used as bait.

Burton was told by Hawthorn on Thursday night that it was willing to trade him to get Wingard across the line.

BUCKY: WHICH PIES WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE?

BUCKY: DO THE DEES REALLY NEED MAY?

BUCKY: SAINTS MUST PUSH ON WITH CLEAN OUT

Scully, 27, will join the Hawks on what is likely to be a four-year deal after meeting with coach Alastair Clarkson on Thursday.

The 2009 No.1 pick passed a medical examination on the same day, despite not playing since Round 2 when he suffered a season-ending broken ankle and syndesmosis ligament damage against Collingwood.

The Hawks could yet secure one of the AFL’s most powerful runners for as little as a third-round pick.

Hawthorn currently holds picks 15, 35 and 53.

Fitness guru Andrew Russell has defected to Carlton, but the physios and doctors who helped solve Jaeger O’Meara’s knee issues remain at the club.

Scully was keen to return to Victoria and is one of four Giants leaving a club in the grip of a major salary cap squeeze.

Scully had three years to run on a deal at GWS, renegotiated after joining the expansion club as the game’s “$6 million man”.

Teammates Dylan Shiel and Rory Lobb are leaving for Essendon and Fremantle, respectively, and would have been on big bucks if they stayed in western Sydney.

Young Giant Will Setterfield, who has played only two AFL games in two years because of a knee reconstruction, was traded with pick 71 to Carlton in exchange for the Blues’ pick 43 and a future second round selection.

Setterfield was set to earn about $400,000 at the Giants next year — a deal given to him in an attempt to ward off interstate raiders.

d3f55d4d12ac57079b5e61a431c0addc

Tom Scully wants a trade to Hawthorn. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Despite the player fire sale, GWS is adamant its premiership window remains open with an abundance of A-grade talent stillat the club.

After a quiet start to the exchange period Hawthorn has come out swinging, with Wingard nominating them as his club of choice and a shocked Burton told he needs to join Port Adelaide to get the Power forward to the club.

The Power have sent a medical team to the US to conduct tests on Burton, who is currently in Las Vegas.

But the 21-year-old, contracted until the end of 2020, can choose to dig his heels in and stay at Waverley.

Burton will use the weekend to assess his options with his family and manager Marty Pask, with a decision expected early next week.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/c210302daaa1c0a26abf3ba96acc5cf8

No thanks. Too slow. Inflexible. Bad knees and is on $700k-$800k.
Yep we need these albatross contracts around GWS’ necks and not ours. They just offloaded Lobb, Setterfield, Shiel and soon likely Scully. Soon they’ll be able to retain their talented players... and then where will we use as a farm system for us?

I'm expecting Scully and Hall to be two of the trade period bargains. Both set to only cost a late pick. It's remarkable. Both should be walk-up starts on any team and are massive difference makers. They're both so idea for the modern game and with games to open up in 2019, those outside types who can cover the ground and rack it up like they can will become more influential in the modern game.

As I tweeted 'A lot of people talking about Jordan Roughead like he's a best 22 calibre player. He's a depth player with no position. Ruck? He's a poor tap ruckman - at the worst possible time with rule changes. Not a great 1v1 defender and not a factor forward of centre.'

Hey KM,

Why on earth is Scully going for such a late pick? Surely the Pies should be in there. We are crying out for a player like him. Wells out and Scully in. Why aren’t clubs lining up for him?

You would think we at least ask Scully the question. The trade value of it alone reported value anyway would make him more attractive then beams

Why on earth is Scully going for such a late pick? Surely the Pies should be in there. We are crying out for a player like him. Wells out and Scully in. Why aren’t clubs lining up for him?
Because he’s on significant coin, same as Hannebery.

Oh but tell us more how Jeff Garlett is a walk up starter in our forward line with his 'elite' pressure. Pfft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back