List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliott not moving to Dees (The Age)

Jamie Elliott has told Melbourne he won't be joining them as a free agent.

The high-flying forward has yet to say where he will play next year, as he is yet to recommit to Collingwood and toured the Brisbane Lions facilities on Saturday as he continues to weigh up an offer from them.

The Demons believed Elliott was likely to remain at Collingwood and the Magpies were confident of re-signing the popular forward on new terms. List manager Ned Guy said on Monday morning the Pies had a two-year deal on the table for Elliott.

The Demons were told Elliott had decided against a move there on Saturday.

I reckon Isaac Smith could go cheaply - not saying we 'need' him, but he is an upgrade. Brings pace.

I wouldn't be surprised if WHE and Aish are put on the table either.
Aish won’t be put on the table. It’s pretty clear they view him as best 22 now given how they spotted him straight back in both times after he returned from injury this year. Same with WHE. They’ll be backing him to bounce back with a full preseason under his belt, which he didn’t get last year.

Aish won’t be put on the table. It’s pretty clear they view him as best 22 now given how they spotted him straight back in both times after he returned from injury this year. Same with WHE. They’ll be backing him to bounce back with a full preseason under his belt, which he didn’t get last year.

Be great if we could actually play Aish in his position next year.

personally i think we have a problem with the pathetic depth of this club. riddled with injuries and whenever we get a replacement theyre always terrible at AFL level
Darcy Cameron is a solid start to fixing that. not best 22 but someone that can actually provide good afl level contriution
delist crocker and broomhead 100%

I'm more theorising on salary cap issues and putting forward wher I'd look to make savings if we need to. Aish and WHE are currently best 22, but can they be pretty easily replaced by development from youngsters or by cheap state leaguers? I'd say yes. WHE is better than that, but I think ideally for our best 22, his spot is taken by a ground ball player with all the other medium hit up targets we have. My opinion will change if we lose Elliott. Those sort of guys are where I'd look to make savings if we do actually have a problem. It's also what the Tigers did at the end of last year when they traded out 3 or 4 guys at the edges of the senior team.

Surely pies are offering Elliot 2 years with a trigger clause of a third year if he plays so many games etc? would have thought this would be obvious to retain him

He isn't over 30 so can't get a 3-year deal.

Martin isn't getting a 1st pick, I would say Thomas is worth around a late 2nd

GC boy which is 27 and will be in there best 10 players I think its a win win for both clubs Martin offers something we lack and has the potential
You think its a Win Win because you’re a Collingwood supporter. They would 100% not do a straight swap.

I would do Josh Thomas for Jack Martin and I think the Gold Coast would do it too.

That’s Martin’s max value, but it won’t get it done. The bloke is seriously overrated and doesn’t want it anywhere near enough. Come finals you’ll get WHE 2019 PF output from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think its a Win Win because you’re a Collingwood supporter. They would 100% not do a straight swap.

What about our future second and Thomas?

That’s Martin’s max value, but it won’t get it done. The bloke is seriously overrated and doesn’t want it anywhere near enough. Come finals you’ll get WHE 2019 PF output from him.
I'd agree if you played him as a forward, but I'd be looking at using him as a half back. It's a bit of an unknown so I wouldn't pay much, but think he could be top shelf playing behind the ball.

So now a week and a Bit of Teams Refusing to do trade as they want more for Trading Player and Teaks wanting to trade for Less.

Not to mention the fact that the trade period now finishes at 7:30pm on a day next week, I think?

There's no way that the AFL will let it go into prime time without at least one big trade going down (Kelly to WCE etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back