List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not an issue for us, we’re getting Jezza.

but I’m sorry, pick 20 is boarderline insane. The reality is Brown is now worth a pick 35-60. Norf have committed complete amateur hour, they’ve left him on the injured list all year, he’s 28, they didn’t want to offer him a contract anymore and have told the world he’s not suited to their system and to find another home. They don’t want him, the news got out and they released a last minute statement to save egg on their face.

They have now basically lost all bargaining power with the “we are happy to keep him” because the entire world now knows they simply aren’t.

He won’t be coming to the pies, but I’m sure Essendon will enjoy him for a third rounder.
Yeah I don’t want him, he’s not our answer. It just stinks Beams trade. He isn’t really a good pack mark either more a lead up which I don’t necessarily think will help us. 100% prefer Cameron if he’s gettable

Yeah I don’t want him, he’s not our answer. It just stinks Beams trade. He isn’t really a good pack mark either more a lead up which I don’t necessarily think will help us. 100% prefer Cameron if he’s gettable
How does a bloke whos kicked over 60 goals in 3 seasons not help us? I’m sorry, I’m on the fence, don’t want to pay overs but he’s likely to be cheap. But people trying to argue he won’t suit us?
Zones and flooding aren’t new, when he kicked his bags, teams still had zones, and flooded with spare men, this isn’t a new concept. if it’s so easy to kick 60goals why can’t more players do it? Just find this part of the argument ridiculous tbh.

Ben brown is worth about Pick 20 IMO. Norf fans wanting two firsts are kidding themselves. I’m not sure who would take on that contract unless north paid some of it
Brown is coming OOC. Whoever takes him on will be paying 100% of whatever he gets paid

Either BB's knee is completely shot or Shaw has NFI if he thinks Brown can't make NM a better team.
But if BB passes a medical and we get him at the right price then, the link below will convince many he definitely gets us much closer to a flag.

all I could think watching that video is how many bloody free kicks he gets, and how he's no way of getting those for us.

Last edited:
How does a bloke whos kicked over 60 goals in 3 seasons not help us? I’m sorry, I’m on the fence, don’t want to pay overs but he’s likely to be cheap. But people trying to argue he won’t suit us?
Zones and flooding aren’t new, when he kicked his bags, teams still had zones, and flooded with spare men, this isn’t a new concept. if it’s so easy to kick 60goals why can’t more players do it? Just find this part of the argument ridiculous tbh.
His main asset is leading up at the ball. Have you seen our games this year, every game our link kick into forward 50 has gone straight down the oppositions throats. Obviously brown is better than Cox and I’m not comparing them here, but if we hit up players like mihocek and Cox on the lead they would kick more goals than they do. If we can get him for cheap of course go after him but North are going trying to play hard ball and he doesn’t fit our team as much as other forwards do like a Cameron. I don’t want us paying that contract though, and if the money is what he wants he’ll go somewhere else who can offer him more money.

Higgins chasing success would be great for us.

good user of the ball if we were keen on Steele’s Scotch buddy why wouldn’t we be keen on Higgins

Last edited:
Higgins chasing success would be great for us.

good user of the ball if we were keen on Steele’s Scotch buddy why wouldn’t we be keen on Higgins

Think his age is the issue. But agreed wouldn’t cost much at all. Would love him hovering around the HFF all day.
I’d 100% throw a first rounder to North for him and BB. Play Steele and Higgins up as high half forwards, let them deliver the ball forward on a platter.

Think his age is the issue. But agreed wouldn’t cost much at all. Would love him hovering around the HFF all day.
I’d 100% throw a first rounder to North for him and BB. Play Steele and Higgins up as high half forwards, let them deliver the ball forward on a platter.

exactly they saying brown needs to delivery due to his style, well get him the delivery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GEELONG will need to contend with St Kilda in enticing contracted North Melbourne midfielder Shaun Higgins out of Arden Street.

AFL.com.au understands the Cats and Saints are circling hardest for Higgins with the lure of chasing a premiership to finish his impressive career.

Gee the Roos are going to be a sh*t side next year.
It’s actually astonishing that Shaw had them playing dynamic attacking footy last year and has had them go in an entirely different direction this year with the way they move the ball. And now it seems to be the players copping the blame. North are in for a lot of pain over the next few years...

Rhyce definitely putting his stamp on things.

Maybe Polec should head home to Adelaide ( again) and make the Crows his fourth club

In 2018 North traded Polec and Pittard for pick 11.

Both now delisted.

Players taken after 11 include Butters Quaynor and Duursma .

Port reamed them!!!!!

A Hawthorn key forward has emerged as a priority trade target for Collingwood after its failed pursuit of Port star Charlie Dixon.
The Magpies have scoured the AFL market in a bid to solve its front half marking problem and identified Hawks star Jack Gunston as a possible solution.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the club has lodged its interest with Gunston‘s management, but has not spoken to the three-time premiership player directly yet.

I didn't realize we enquired about Dixon??

It’s actually astonishing that Shaw had them playing dynamic attacking footy last year and has had them go in an entirely different direction this year with the way they move the ball. And now it seems to be the players copping the blame. North are in for a lot of pain over the next few years...
It really is. This “clean out” is pretty crazy. But I feel like this has been building for a while, even before Shaw. They should have bottomed out years ago under Scott but they just floated about and slightly avoided it.

A Hawthorn key forward has emerged as a priority trade target for Collingwood after its failed pursuit of Port star Charlie Dixon.
The Magpies have scoured the AFL market in a bid to solve its front half marking problem and identified Hawks star Jack Gunston as a possible solution.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the club has lodged its interest with Gunston‘s management, but has not spoken to the three-time premiership player directly yet.

I didn't realize we enquired about Dixon??

We would’ve done the due diligence. We should’ve gone after Dixon before this year when he was cheap and attainable.

I like the Gunston pick though. Much cheaper than Jezza. Would love him and BB. Checkers third forward, JDG into the guts to solve our big bodied inside MID issue.
Pick up TMac with the Dees selling cheap, and grab a mature age small forward who applies tons of pressure. Draft Reef. Nab a young KPF with our first pick.

That to me is the perfect trade off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back