List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either BB's knee is completely shot or Shaw has NFI if he thinks Brown can't make NM a better team.
But if BB passes a medical and we get him at the right price then, the link below will convince many he gets us a flag.

The fact that there is no diagnosis as such suggests hopefully it is nothing long term.

He seemed to be out of sorts well before he was injured

Teams arent allowing us the pagans paddock anymore which is a large part of how our smalls and mid fwds hit the score board.

Teams know if they hold their defensive structure then we have next to no way of kicking goals. 2018 was great as sides didn't rate us, we pulled the triggered with quick ball movement and scored so many easy goals out the back. It was so good to watch.

If Daicos goes at Pick 1 next year would we still have enough points to outbid the team that’s picked him and we have no 1st rd pick ?

I assume we’d look to trade some fringe players for later picks or go into deficit.

But a pick in the top 5 is quite a fair few points to cobble together still.

Essentially it’s the same strategy Gws used last year to nab Greene.

The bulldogs finishing position may have complicated things though.

Last edited:

We picked up Leigh Brown the same way so North eventually returned the favour!

Except we drafted Brown at pick 73, he had no trade value to North.

North drafted Rocca at pick 30. and got a bargain. If we hadn’t publicly delisted Rocca late in the H&A season like we did, we could have got that pick (or better). I still remember the interview in the HS late that year with Sav saying he had been told he would not be selected again in the seniors. I just remember wondering “what are they thinking?”

It was unfathomable list management, especially considering Sav’s form in 2000 wasn’t even that bad. Kicked a bag of 6 and another of 5 early on that year.

Can you imagine any club letting a 26 year old with over 500 career goals to his name go for nothing? You’d have to give two first rounders these days at a minimum to even start the conversation.

It’s 20 years ago and I still shake my head at the irresponsible and negligent approach to list management we showed.

Except we drafted Brown at pick 73, he had no trade value to North.

North drafted Rocca at pick 30. and got a bargain. If we hadn’t publicly delisted Rocca late in the H&A season like we did, we could have got that pick (or better). I still remember the interview in the HS late that year with Sav saying he had been told he would not be selected again in the seniors. I just remember wondering “what are they thinking?”

It was unfathomable list management, especially considering Sav’s form in 2000 wasn’t even that bad. Kicked a bag of 6 and another of 5 early on that year.

Can you imagine any club letting a 26 year old with over 500 career goals to his name go for nothing? You’d have to give two first rounders these days at a minimum to even start the conversation.

It’s 20 years ago and I still shake my head at the irresponsible and negligent approach to list management we showed.

1999 and 2000 he missed a lot of games due to injury but still managed 2.3 goals per game in a crap team that won 11 out of 44 games.

Riley Knight delisted by Adelaide, good size, tackles well, could be a good small forward/wing/mid relief.
An injury prone player that managed 55 games over 6 seasons from a team that took home this years wooden spoon - lock it in Eddie

So much talk about our need for a KPF etc. but the next biggest hole to me is that extra inside mid (I'll refuse the need to use the term "big bodied" as that might cause another debate).

Currently Treloar is on the inside when he should be on the outside. If it's not Adams, it's no one. Plenty here thought that the recruitment of Beams would stifle Sier's development, but right now a fully fit Beams is exactly what our make-up requires.

So Beams, he's gone. And Sier? He's either gone or we run the risk of him not coming on any further anyway.

Sure, in 3 years Tyler Brown might be more like Fyfe, but he may not. It's a big ask.

Who can we get our hands on? We're not gonna get Rowell, Cripps, Jack Steele, etc. but they're the types we need.

At the moment the only one we've got coming through is Rantall and he has been unsighted.

So much talk about our need for a KPF etc. but the next biggest hole to me is that extra inside mid (I'll refuse the need to use the term "big bodied" as that might cause another debate).

Currently Treloar is on the inside when he should be on the outside. If it's not Adams, it's no one. Plenty here thought that the recruitment of Beams would stifle Sier's development, but right now a fully fit Beams is exactly what our make-up requires.

So Beams, he's gone. And Sier? He's either gone or we run the risk of him not coming on any further anyway.

Sure, in 3 years Tyler Brown might be more like Fyfe, but he may not. It's a big ask.

Who can we get our hands on? We're not gonna get Rowell, Cripps, Jack Steele, etc. but they're the types we need.

At the moment the only one we've got coming through is Rantall and he has been unsighted.

Isnt Reef McInness considered an inside mid ? Understanding he isnt even a t the club and young.

If Daicos goes at Pick 1 next year would we still have enough points to outbid the team that’s picked him and we have no 1st rd pick ?
Worst case scenario is we go in to deficit for 2022.

The fact that there is no diagnosis as such suggests hopefully it is nothing long term.

He seemed to be out of sorts well before he was injured
The fact there’s no diagnosis is what’s the most worrisome. You can’t treat something that hasn’t been diagnosed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside mid being our biggest concern?

I reckon we have plenty of capable clearance players.

Personally I would have thought the fact we have zero decent crumbers, and realistically only one developing key position player (Kelly) on our list is a massive issue.

Inside mid being our biggest concern?

I reckon we have plenty of capable clearance players.

Personally I would have thought the fact we have zero decent crumbers, and realistically only one developing key position player (Kelly) on our list is a massive issue.
We have a few issues. Which is why we sit 8th. We are a long way off it taking an objective view.

Top Needs in no order:
-KPF
-Inside mid- sier is a ?, reef coming in but he’s a skinny kid atm.
-Crumber
-KPD depth: we have nobody to cover if roughy goes down. Keane looked out of depth. Would maybe break glass and play kelly there dunno.

Some big list holes... and coaching issues....

More draft related.

But based on this article and the reference to the bulldogs, I reckon we are planning on trading our future first next year for their first this year.

Obviously to avoid having to use it on Daicos and likewise for them with Ugle-Hagan.
Popular trade scenario on our board right now is:

Bulldogs trade away - 2020 1st + 2021 2nd + 2021 3rd
Collingwood trade away - 2021 1st + 2020 2nd + 2020 3rd

Gives each club the additional 1st rounder in a year they can actually use it, and points in the year they need to match bids. Will also depend on how each club goes in finals, or if any players end up involved, to help balance it out. This is just the proposed starting point, which I like

Ben brown is worth about Pick 20 IMO. Norf fans wanting two firsts are kidding themselves. I’m not sure who would take on that contract unless north paid some of it

Ben brown is worth about Pick 20 IMO. Norm fans wanting two firsts are kidding themselves. I’m not sure who would take on that contract unless north paid some of it
I get they are pissed, and if we were in the same position would be to, but the blokes been told by the club they want him gone. They have no bargaining power. It’s been handled poorly.

Gives each club the additional 1st rounder in a year they can actually use it, and points in the year they need to match bids. Will also depend on how each club goes in finals, or if any players end up involved, to help balance it out. This is just the proposed starting point, which I like

I like it.

Although I think we’d be hoping to keep our seconds this year for Reefe, and try to avoid using our own first (Or yours). May be wishful thinking, as opposition will try to make us pay up.

Wish you looked like dropping down the ladder next year 😜

I get they are pissed, and if we were in the same position would be to, but the blokes been told by the club they want him gone. They have no bargaining power. It’s been handled poorly.
If we do go after him I hope we don’t budge at the last second like the beams trade. Brisbane knew we would take him so they didn’t budge in wanting 2 1st rounders.

That would be appealing if we didn’t need points this year for McInness. As it stands we’ll likely require those later picks to match a bid on him.

Ben brown is worth about Pick 20 IMO. Norm fans wanting two firsts are kidding themselves. I’m not sure who would take on that contract unless north paid some of it
It’s not an issue for us, we’re getting Jezza.

but I’m sorry, pick 20 is boarderline insane. The reality is Brown is now worth a pick 35-60. Norf have committed complete amateur hour, they’ve left him on the injured list all year, he’s 28, they didn’t want to offer him a contract anymore and have told the world he’s not suited to their system and to find another home. They don’t want him, the news got out and they released a last minute statement to save egg on their face.

They have now basically lost all bargaining power with the “we are happy to keep him” because the entire world now knows they simply aren’t.

He won’t be coming to the pies, but I’m sure Essendon will enjoy him for a third rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back