List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the draft that we are going to have to make the toughest decisions. If we fail this year do we trade picks and try and snag another one whilst we still have the last remains of our core group or go to the draft and pick the best available kids to avoid going down the full blown Hawthorn route.
Leaning more towards the latter. I've noticed with teams that go the top-up route they never seem to get out of it. They bring in a bunch of established players that keep them artificially propped up the ladder, but for what? Rarely gets you a flag and you end up having to continually top up because you're not investing any time in youth. You're not drafting top tier talent and your existing young talent is being kept from getting any AFL experience by 30 year old has beens.
Get the kids in while we still have the core group here they can learn from.

I saw him at the Ramsgate a few years back after he was traded to Adelaide. I said I was a Richmond supporter but wanted to wish him well. All he said back was “fu** the Tigers”
And moved to bogan city and two bags of coke later......

All we can go on is that aarts played ahead of Higgins . They were both on our list last year and higgo spent last 10 rounds out of the side. George has been crap I accept that and before this run of injuries I’d drop him. He as a lot of pace that Stengle has none of
Higgins was still recovering after brain surgery. He's back to hsi best now. We could use him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ccj wont be with us, and we wont get sh*t for him. No club will give us anything when they know we are going to delist him anyway

Every time we overlook Coleman-Jones for Pickett in the ruck (who was frankly humiliated last week in that position), we hammer yet another nail in the coffin of Coleman-Jones's trade value. At the moment a good will late third rounder if we are lucky.

Every time we overlook Coleman-Jones for Pickett in the ruck (who was frankly humiliated last week in that position), we hammer yet another nail in the coffin of Coleman-Jones's trade value. At the moment a good will late third rounder if we are lucky.
yep if he leaves it's on our development staff . He and RCD were arguable BOG alongside Pickett in the 2019 VFL flag.

Caddy was brought over as an inside mid, has never been played in that role. If the knock is his pace or endurance then how did he get a role on the wing???? When prestia or cotch are out, we should play caddy in the guts. We dont need to trade or FA to solve this problem when we have an option

The fact we don't, says a lot about where Caddy is at

Higgins is not much chop, our return was about where his worth is.

It's the loss of Markov, Butler & Ellis which has really hurt us. To loss all 3 for nothing more than a few picks in the 40-50s was a disaster which we are only just starting to feel the pain of. All 3 would be in our best 18 this year

Jack Higgins tonight

7 Kicks
4 Handballs
1 Tackles
54% DE
85% game time

0 Goals

Yep that's where he is as a player when against good sides.

Truth be told tho.... these stats are identical to those of Ross. Doesn't matter the color of the Guernsey, if those are your statline regulary against a good side, you are likely not a very damaging player.

I'd rate Ross & higgo in the same box, higgo slightly above though as he has more variety in the role he can play + can hit tge scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back