List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true but i think with Stringer he is 2 years older and will be 28 in april 2022 and 4 years is too much with his injury issue's
Jordan De Goey is the better player and would be a better fit for Richmond and is only 26 next year

I would trade 1 of our 1st rounders and $700k x 5 years if he wanted to come to richmond
He is at an age where he has matured and would be looking to play good football
We don't have a spare $700k for either imo. They don't fill a need for us as Dusty and Bolton fill the attacking mid/forward roles in our side. We need more pure mids, both inside and outside.

All depends where their academy kid Fahey is rated. If he's rated at say pick 15 and we offer them pick 16 it won't be any use to them.

If we end up with a top ten pick I would be happy to offer it along with CJ for Tom Green. I know that's a lot to pay, but Green is the exact type of mid we need to replace Cotch and he's contracted for a couple more years at GWS.

So we trade out our only developing key forward along with the top ten pick that we would otherwise use to recruit his replacement so we can then pay overs for a midfielder in a draft that is supposedly stacked deep with midfield talent? My god with Riewoldt pushing 33 and Lynch getting older too (and not adverse to the occasional injury) I would certainly hope Matt Clarke would have something to say about that...

would love green and should be our number 1 target
exactly the type we need
At a guess I'd say he is our number one target. Cerra far more likely though, purely because he's uncontracted.

Would be ridiculous if we could nab both. Unlikely, but no impossible.

Don't forget that Lynch wasn't even in the top 100 players paid list the other day which means his contract is heavily backended which will take up quite a bit of cap space.
If I remember right he was on 500-600k the first few years. Last years of the contract are set to be around 1.4-1.5m :(

She just finished watching Tiger71 on the podcast

All I know is that we have to get Green to ask for a trade and nominate us but then GWS have to agree. In saying that, works being done and we have a huge draw as he would love to play for us, its been a dream of his for a long time. We also have what GWS needs in surplus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is that we have to get Green to ask for a trade and nominate us but then GWS have to agree. In saying that, works being done and we have a huge draw as he would love to play for us, its been a dream of his for a long time. We also have what GWS needs in surplus
Right now if you had to put a percentage on the likelihood of it happening, what would it be?

At a guess I'd say he is our number one target. Cerra far more likely though, purely because he's uncontracted.

Cerra just does not fill me with admiration and at 700,000 way too much for a player that doesnt hit the scoreboard
13 goals 21 behinds in 4 years

CCJ for Green and first round + KMac for Cerra. I can see it. $ might be an issue. but that would be sorted out. Would fix our midfield for the next few years.

KPs still something to work on 3-5 years from now. But that might be in the works too - draft perhaps.

If the 2 guys want to come to us then it might happen.

What a day that would be.

Cerra just does not fill me with admiration and at 700,000 way too much for a player that doesnt hit the scoreboard
13 goals 21 behinds in 4 years

His talent is hitting targets under pressure. Something we lack. For us he's got extra value. Plus you get him for about 8 - 10 years.

Midfield of Cerra, Shai, Graham, Stack, etc is a decent start.

Charlie Constable from geelong is he some one we could look at ?

The problem dealing with Geelong is that they make it extremely difficult like the bombers

If it has been a dream of his for 'a long time' then why did he extend his contract with GWS in 2020? Also he's not a Melbourne kid so there is no go home factor either. Change his surname and you'd have to wonder how much conversation we'd actually be having about him.

It's a difficult position for him. If he requests a trade and GWS block it then he has to awkwardly go back to the club.

Our best hope imo is if Kelly stays (looking likely) and GWS have to fit his giant contract into their cap.
If you are shaking one of the gws mids out it’s Taranto I know for a fact he wants to come home to Melbourne and we had been working with his camp about potentially coming to Richmond
This was about 12 months ago now so not sure if we are still in the race but a move to Victoria is definitely on the cards

If it has been a dream of his for 'a long time' then why did he extend his contract with GWS in 2020? Also he's not a Melbourne kid so there is no go home factor either. Change his surname and you'd have to wonder how much conversation we'd actually be having about him.
Yeah which makes you think its not going to happen. But maybe tigers were not interested back to back premiers with on paper a great list and VFL playing list coming up. This year has been a horror show and they now are interested. If we had future vision i dont think green signs thats extension

Hey Legend, hope youve been well.

What is it they need that we have in surplus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back