List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea in some ways I reckon he’d make a bigger impact than cerra , hope it’s true we interested and not someone just joining the dots with connection to Bolton. We have the currency to get him would take low 20s pick

No freakin way. 3rd rounder at best

I really think all the hype about Cerra has been blown up by the media after seeing a few amazing kicks from him and looking very classy at times…

there’s no way you would be paying this kid in the 600-750k my god..
He is a very good footballer, but not a matchwinner. I would give em a late first. Thats all

Pav says his mail is Cerra is staying and it'll be a two year deal. That's a relief.
That wasnt quite what he said , he suggested he should stay coz Freo are on the way up and he reckoned on account of that he would . I really am indifferent, I think he’s worth a r1 more than that is very questionable

That wasnt quite what he said , he suggested he should stay coz Freo are on the way up and he reckoned on account of that he would . I really am indifferent, I think he’s worth a r1 more than that is very questionable
Uh.... yeah it was what he said Screenshot_20210716-174951_Chrome.jpg

Without nank and pres our inside grunt is Fa , curious if we would look at someone like crouch to do some heavy lifting for us there , it’s gotta be a focus for us coz Prestia durability is not very
Just let RCD and Graham attack the footy and forget trying to expedite their outside game development.
IMO focussing so much on their outside game is proving counterproductive .

You're too smart for this forum Toads.

The money Cerra wants doesn't match the actual output he has shown.

As a club who wants to win another premiership, we can't justify that salary to a kid who hasn't actually shown that 'potential' on the field.

Dion Prestia went for our Pick 6, Dion was an out and out GUN. He wasn't coming to us based on 'potential'

Tom Lynch was already an All Australian.

If we are going to pay a 1st round pick and 700k+ a season, it simply MUST be a player that isn't coming based on potential, but based on a genuine body of work on the field that suggests he will be automatic starting 22.
I find it funny when people say that Cerra isn't worth the $750k he is asking for. As far as I can tell he hasn't put the $750k tag on his head, Carlton and then Fremantle put that price on his head when they put contracts in front of him and a player is only worth as much as a club is willing to pay them. In this case one of them is trying bring him home and the other is trying to keep him at the club that drafted him.

It doesn't mean that we as a third interested party has offered him the same amount. Remember we got Lynch for less than what others offered and we re-signed Martin for less than what North had offered as well. It's entirely possible that a young player looking to achieve team success takes a lower offer to move to a club that offers him the best chance at achieving that while also allowing him to move back home.

As for not being best 22 if Cerra came to Richmond, he'd be lining up against Carlton R1 2022 barring injury or suspension.

Finally just on having a seemingly hard and fast rule that we're not giving up a first round pick and $750k a year to a kid based on potential but it had to be on a proven body of work, would you knock back someone like Tom Green if he came out and nominated Richmond at seasons end and the media were suggesting that we were offering a 4 year $3m deal to get him out of GWS given he is currently contracted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats will do everything in their power to not help us recruit players

I'm sure they'd rather deal with Freo and that may well be where he ends up being a WA boy.

Both Cerra and Narkle may end up being Dockers next year, they're one of the few clubs with cash to spread around.

On the plus side for us, Carr has 5 clients, the other 4 play for us, Narkle is mates with a few of our boys and clubs are getting better at looking after players in terms of where they want to end up.

They're far less bloody minded than the old days because it does harm their reputation with players both current and future.

Hope the big Pav is right and Cerra re- signs. Watched him last night and like every other game I’ve seen him play don’t see what the excitement is.

He’s a dime a dozen player
Tanking?
Afterall he was a Richmond boy.😁

Go to the draft with our first pick
If we get pick 7 id rather get the next rich wines Selwood Jordan lewis who’ve all been pick 7’s then cerra
Yes he was pick 5 but we could get a game changer with that draft pick
Don’t think cerra changes too much in the makeup for us
Great skills
But another guy getting 15-20 touches on a wing isn’t worth two first rounders

How exactly does that help you put pressure on the bloke with the ball ? The rule was designed to stop any pressure being put on the ball carrier so he can switch play or play on. This has stymied our pressure game hugely.

back a Fee meters and at least don’t have to stand. But yeah it sucks

We are still massively keen on Dunstan at the Saints from what I am hearing. His form this year has been brilliant. Averaging 26 disposals, 6 tackles and 6 clearances per game.

I find it funny when people say that Cerra isn't worth the $750k he is asking for. As far as I can tell he hasn't put the $750k tag on his head, Carlton and then Fremantle put that price on his head when they put contracts in front of him and a player is only worth as much as a club is willing to pay them. In this case one of them is trying bring him home and the other is trying to keep him at the club that drafted him.

It doesn't mean that we as a third interested party has offered him the same amount. Remember we got Lynch for less than what others offered and we re-signed Martin for less than what North had offered as well. It's entirely possible that a young player looking to achieve team success takes a lower offer to move to a club that offers him the best chance at achieving that while also allowing him to move back home.

As for not being best 22 if Cerra came to Richmond, he'd be lining up against Carlton R1 2022 barring injury or suspension.

Finally just on having a seemingly hard and fast rule that we're not giving up a first round pick and $750k a year to a kid based on potential but it had to be on a proven body of work, would you knock back someone like Tom Green if he came out and nominated Richmond at seasons end and the media were suggesting that we were offering a 4 year $3m deal to get him out of GWS given he is currently contracted?

If we were to offer Tom Green that deal it would essentially mean Bolton is gone. While I do think we have a little money to play around with (like the Brad Crouch offer last year even though it was apparently massive unders) it won’t be $700,000+. More than likely its Bolton that would get the $700,000 (if we have it).

We are still massively keen on Dunstan at the Saints from what I am hearing. His form this year has been brilliant. Averaging 26 disposals, 6 tackles and 6 clearances per game.
Exactly what our list is missing, a 26 year old midfielder with grunt, was told at the start of the yearby St Kilda he wouldn't play seniors this year, so if we have been talking to him since last year we would be in the box seat. Wouldn't it be nice to sign him after how they poached Butler and Higgins from us for unders

Exactly what our list is missing, a 26 year old midfielder with grunt, was told at the start of the yearby St Kilda he wouldn't play seniors this year, so if we have been talking to him since last year we would be in the box seat. Wouldn't it be nice to sign him after how they poached Butler and Higgins from us for unders

At what cost ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back