List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In thoery they should be less confused at their picks not more confused.

Three picks in a row allows them to chill on draft night with a pool of 6-8 players they like at that spot. They know once it gets to pick 26 that 3 of them are very likely to be there. That is why they overpaid for the trade, not for the 11 spot jump.
Agree with this or like one of the above posters mentioned, possibly package them up to get into top 5

He is being sold as a forward by his management, never played there at west coast due to Kennedy, Darling, Allen, waterman etc. I’m not saying go and get him but wouldn’t hate it if we did.
We could use the insurance IMO and would cost peanuts

Last edited:
It think it’s a good deal. 3rd round picks aren’t as valuable as a high second. They’ll be invaluable on draft night especially considering that we needed to off load a pick to match our list spots, now if any club wants a player in that block they’ll have to deal with us.

My reasoning is that with 3 consecutive picks we can address needs and also grab any sliders. When the picks are split between clubs it’s far more likely that a talent will slip through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradner (Brander) just got cut - I really think we should take a crack at him. A 3rd tall to replace the CCJ & Chol loss - go get him tigers

Watch some games of his this year if you can stand it.......................

Bradner just got cut - I really think we should take a crack at him. A 3rd tall to replace the CCJ & Chol loss - go get him tigers
WCE have Kennedy about to retire and let Brander go, if that doesn't tell you he's no good then nothing will.

Yes, and based on his profile he was also trialed as a =3rd tall defender in the WAFL and did well too,. He actually would suit our depth chart perfectly, on face value at least

An ageing Eagles list where Vardy has retired, Kennedy has one year left and McGovern has soft tissue injury issues delist a young KPP drafted at pick-13….. I’d suggest there’s a very good reason for that and we should avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who exactly is our cover for if Lynch or JR8 have a stint on the sidelines with CCJ and chol leaving?

besides moving Balta forward, which seems like robbing peter to pay paul given how well hes done in the backline

there's this bloke by the name of dusty martin or something like that - think he might be ready for a breakout year and bag 100 goals as a permanent FF

Since we have picks 26, 27 & 28, will Richmond be asking for extra time when selecting players?
No doubt.
Have to give Balmey enough time to dip his Monte Carlos.

This off season couldn’t be going much better imo..

- gained Tarrant & Teague
- re signed Miller & Stack😍
- Cumberland and Biggie get another shot
- delisted exactly who we shouldve (aarts got lucky he was contracted)
- 5 picks inside top 30 + a future 2nd rounder from north

hard to contain my excitement to be honest
45D4B020-D34E-440B-A961-A299DFAB6DC2.gif

don't they have to make 3 picks?
Might be wrong but thought each club has to use 3 picks
Yes but they can delist and redraft at the end of the draft players they’ve committed to. They do not need picks from us. The only way we’d get pick three is to offer future pick(s).

Who exactly is our cover for if Lynch or JR8 have a stint on the sidelines with CCJ and chol leaving?

besides moving Balta forward, which seems like robbing peter to pay paul given how well hes done in the backline

Soldo / Nank / Dusty / Caddy / Ryan

Soldo and Nank spend a little more time forward than on the bench. Dusty spends a little more time forward than midfield. And if really desperate Caddy can play ‘tall’.

But I won’t be overly concerned if only one of Jack or Lynch are injured…. if both are out that’s a different story, but that’s the case with most teams losing their 2 x primary KPF…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WCE have Kennedy about to retire and let Brander go, if that doesn't tell you he's no good then nothing will.

Darling is only 29 + a decade of Oscar Allen. The eagles are probably realising the same thing we did this year - 3 key position forwards dont work.

I am not talking about him being a world beater, he would be a cheap as chips reserve back up. Reading through the Eagles board, he has almost always had their belief and a lack of a suitable position is what hurt his career. Most feel the club did his wrong by playing him out of position due to a wealth of KP FWDS & BACKS

We need someone to replace CCJ & Chol, we needed them like hell this year & we have not replaced them at all. Im never one for going down that road, but these types are the ones i more feel comfortable having a crack at. Nil cost, Low risk - with still a high ceiling of a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back