List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

While I'd love him and he is exactly the player we're crying out for I don't think we should be waxing 2 x 1st rounders and $10mill for him with the position we're in.

We should be aiming to draft the next JUH.
Couldn’t agree more , I was thinking recently how GWS have remained super competitive,,, whenever they lose players they bank the draft pics and don’t squander them , there’s a Lesson in that , draft and FA way to go , ess have worked it out

Forgot to post this yesterday as I passed out almost as soon as I got home from work, but i received the JUH news yesterday...

I'm 50/50. If we can offload a couple of players for more draft picks and get JUH in and KEEP at least 1 top 20 pick, I wouldn't be against it. Big money deal though and we have seen the positives of it in Dusty, but also the negatives in Lynch with injury where he has missed large chunks of seasons.

Screenshot_20240313_172112.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to post this yesterday as I passed out almost as soon as I got home from work, but i received the JUH news yesterday...

I'm 50/50. If we can offload a couple of players for more draft picks and get JUH in and KEEP at least 1 top 20 pick, I wouldn't be against it. Big money deal though and we have seen the positives of it in Dusty, but also the negatives in Lynch with injury

View attachment 1926708
If Baker goes to Fremantle, we will have minium 3 first rounders over the next two years, possibly 5 if we can package and trade up with adelaide, gold coast, brisbane etc

Prestia in an interview indicated he wants to play on so think it'd be the club saying we are going a different direction instead of Prestia retiring.

Couldn’t agree more , I was thinking recently how GWS have remained super competitive,,, whenever they lose players they bank the draft pics and don’t squander them , there’s a Lesson in that , draft and FA way to go , ess have worked it out
Well, mainly because very few big name players have shown any interest in going to the Giants over the years.

Hardly a destination club.

Ugle-Hagen is only 21 though. No guarantees you get that level of player with one of those first round picks, let alone both.

JUG would fill a massive hole for the next 10+ years. I don't have a problem with it at all.

There are definetly no guarantees you get a better player with either pick. Can say hes only 21 (22 next year) However the players you get with the 2 picks will be 4 and 5 years younger. That is significant. Also if Jamarra doesnt work out and gets injured, we have his contract for the next decade.

Also going to the draft lets us build our list and then we can see what we need to spend the money on in 3-5 years time. What if we miss on every midfielder we take and somehow jag a gun key forward with a later pick? we wont have money to then fix it through free agency for a long time.

I'm 50/50. If we can offload a couple of players for more draft picks and get JUH in and KEEP at least 1 top 20 pick, I wouldn't be against it. Big money deal though and we have seen the positives of it in Dusty, but also the negatives in Lynch with injury

View attachment 1926732
Surely we'd get Freo's first for Baker, which perhaps along with our first or a future first would get JUH done?

Even with the injuries, I would do the Lynch deal again every day of the week.

There are definetly no guarantees you get a better player with either pick. Can say hes only 21 (22 next year) However the players you get with the 2 picks will be 4 and 5 years younger. That is significant. Also if Jamarra doesnt work out and gets injured, we have his contract for the next decade.

Also going to the draft lets us build our list and then we can see what we need to spend the money on in 3-5 years time. What if we miss on every midfielder we take and somehow jag a gun key forward with a later pick? we wont have money to then fix it through free agency for a long time.
Gun mids are a lot easier to find than gun key forwards.

Trading for a key forward of JUH's age could really accelerate our rebuild, as if you're drafting one you're probably waiting 4 or 5 years to see if they develop into what he is right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1926732
I no longer fear losing players, if someone like Baker leaves then we will get compensated. Look at GWS they lose players all the time and just keep getting stronger.

As for Ugle-Hagan, if we improve our draft hand then all that means is the Dogs ask for more. Too risky and we should just improve our draft hand and use it ourselves. The only time we should get players into the team is through Free Agency and it doesn't cost us any picks.

Taranto & Hopper is the exact reason why we shouldn't do it.

If he ends up anywhere it'll be the Swans.
Swans need marquee players too get bums on seats.
There was a reason why they threw the half kitchen sink at Naughton(Doggies fell for it hook line sinker).
It's what the afl want.

Gun mids are a lot easier to find than gun key forwards.

Trading for a key forward of JUH's age could really accelerate our rebuild, as if you're drafting one you're probably waiting 4 or 5 years to see if they develop into what he is right now.

But we clearly arent ready to challenge right now. So we can add Jamarra, but we havent even drafted our next champion mids. We then wont have a first rounder until the end of 2026. So even if we hit straight away then, we are still waiting til 2030 odd before that player becomes a gun. By then weve wasted half of Jamarras time with us anyway.

Just go to the draft for 3-4 years, there will be other young key forwards we can offer 10 mil to at that point.

Call me crazy, but I'm signing this bloke if I'm in charge. He's the exact type of mid we lack, and I think we've got the right culture to fix his issues with women.
Nah.
Norf maybe crap on field but off field things like this all clubs would be on top of it as much as they can.
He's just an outright prick of a bloke.

View attachment 1926732
How is Lynch a negative? Been worth every penny just for the 2019 season alone. The rest is cream

View attachment 1926732

I definitely dont think the Lynch deal was bad. We got a flag with him so that’s all that matters.

View attachment 1926732
Freo have a s**t ton of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back