List Mgmt. Travis Cloke (confirmed, he's requested a trade)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even back when the deal was first made, I didn't think Clokey was worth the money and could see him rapidly declining which he has been.

Performance based contracts need to be enacted.

These Cloke for a third or fourth rumours seem well off to me. I can't help but think we're playing some other angle, and it's got more to do with it than just salary cap. We're pragmatic at the trade table, but no pushovers and we have a history of finagling something favourable.

These Cloke for a third or fourth rumours seem well off to me. I can't help but think we're playing some other angle, and it's got more to do with it than just salary cap. We're pragmatic at the trade table, but no pushovers and we have a history of finagling something favourable.

An especial like for use of the word 'finagling'. Not used enough when discussing trades.

An especial like for use of the word 'finagling'. Not used enough when discussing trades.

According to Urban Dictionary to 'finagle' is to stroke or pluck at one's body parts. It's the perfect word to describe the trade thread.

Have the doggies committed to Cloke? Would be very awkward if they decided circumstances had changed and he wasn't required.

Does he ask the Pies for a new contract? Or play for the Tigers?

Have the doggies committed to Cloke? Would be very awkward if they decided circumstances had changed and he wasn't required.

Does he ask the Pies for a new contract? Or play for the Tigers?

qquestion was raised weeks ago. since then every week that passsed added ,ore and more weight to the argument that they dont need him

straight swap for redpath perhaps ?

well the doggies don't need cloke to win the premiership they just have, but l suppose he would be handy
as a back up for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he played tiday and contested etc they'd win by more. Lost count how many times they kicked it to no one.

Or hed do the exact same thing he does with us and just slow down their whole team defensively and make it much harder to keep up their pressure and flow.

Really don't see him fitting with Bevos game plan

According to Urban Dictionary to 'finagle' is to stroke or pluck at one's body parts. It's the perfect word to describe the trade thread.
Especially the Cloke trade ;)

Dogs would be better off with Witts than Cloke, if they recruit a decent ruck Boyd could spend more time forward and they won't need Cloke.

Last edited:
I see his decline similar to how Wayne Rooney's fallen. The media still think he's a superstar, but he's really no better than your average 3rd man up, goal per game (or less) forward. He won't improve any team that he goes to, in my opinion.

Wish him all the best, but I hope he leaves Collingwood ASAP.

well the doggies don't need cloke to win the premiership they just have, but l suppose he would be handy
as a back up for them
The world's biggest optimist wouldn't back them winning it again from outside the top 4, so they do need to improve, as funny as that sounds.

The world's biggest optimist wouldn't back them winning it again from outside the top 4, so they do need to improve, as funny as that sounds.
they do need to improve, but l think there improvement in them so who knows they could do it again from 7th but l would not
bet on it and neither would there coach

I see his decline similar to how Wayne Rooney's fallen. The media still think he's a superstar, but he's really no better than your average 3rd man up, goal per game (or less) forward. He won't improve any team that he goes to, in my opinion.

Wish him all the best, but I hope he leaves Collingwood ASAP.
A bit harsh. He could become good for them but based upon his form from the past few months he needs to adept. The 'bring it to ground' & 'fast handball it out of trouble' & 'lift team spirits' are not his forte.

A bit harsh. He could become good for them but based upon his form from the past few months he needs to adept. The 'bring it to ground' & 'fast handball it out of trouble' & 'lift team spirits' are not his forte.

Worst decision made by a footballer who is looking to resurrect a career. Cloke will find it hard to even get regular games at the Dogs next year. He will play alot of VFL football in 2017, and only if Crameri, Boyd or Cordy go down will he get a game. Its a bizzare choice of club, he should look to head to Richmond, Essendon, Fremantle or Brisbane.

Worst decision made by a footballer who is looking to resurrect a career. Cloke will find it hard to even get regular games at the Dogs next year. He will play alot of VFL football in 2017, and only if Crameri, Boyd or Cordy go down will he get a game. Its a bizzare choice of club, he should look to head to Richmond, Essendon, Fremantle or Brisbane.
or try and mend fences and stay and work his butt off and do the right thing. gee if he does that he would be a lock at our
club.

Not so bizarre if you look at the number of 1on1's they get, which of course is his core strength. And his big tank is a prerequisite for their energy sapping high octane game. If you look at alternatives, Richmond would be best imho. Essendon wouldn't want him, Brisbane would be foolish to invest in him, perhaps Fremantle but there is the Vic based factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back