MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

They are signficantly further off the ball than Hewett and there is no glance of an arm or anything to put forward an arugment against an intentional grading.
it's an open hand shove ffs

it's just plain soft

when a Carlton* player does worse in a QF, watch him get off scott free

*the next afl golden child to be given an armchair ride to a premiership

My issue with the Sicily incident is not the kick , it’s Sicily picking McGrath up off the ground tipping his center of balance - it’s the equivalent to tunnelling and very dangerous. This incident is low impact as McGrath was able to arrest his fall to the ground.
I don’t know why anyone is not actually analysing & discussing this, AFL ignoring it for now - wait for PP to do something similar when tackling someone with the ball & the commentary will be about how dangerous an action it is..

Last edited:
My issue with the Sicily incident is not the kick , it’s Sicily picking McGrath up off the ground tipping his center of balance - it’s the equivalent to tunnelling and very dangerous. This incident is low impact as McGrath was able to arrest his fall to the ground.
I don’t know why anyone is not actually analysing & discussing this, AFL ignoring it for now - wait for PP to do something similar when tackling someone with the ball & the commentary will be about how dangerous an action it is..
What was McGrath doing trying to bump into Sicily? He's just supposed to stand there and take it?

Would you have liked Byron to be suspended because Biglands tried to clean him up but came off second best?

What was McGrath doing trying to bump into Sicily? He's just supposed to stand there and take it?

Would you have liked Byron to be suspended because Biglands tried to clean him up but came off second best?

Byron didn’t pick Briglands up by the legs and tip him over! He hit with a fair hip&shoulder..

Sicily bends down and loops his arm under McGraths legs and lifts him off the ground..

For reference in the early 2000’s Peter Burgoyne got suspended for tackling someone when he grabbed them around the hips but the momentum caused Peter to lift the player which ended up “looking” like a spear tackle.

If Sicily bumped McGrath & knocked him off his feet then no issue, but he didn’t do this watch the video in slow motion & you can see Sicily bending very low. Sicily is allowed to defend himself “legally”, but the umpires should have stepped in before McGrath got involved… that’s another issue..

Port’s Xavier Walsh has been handed a two-match penalty for engaging in rough conduct with Glenelg’s Riley Holder at Stratarama Stadium on Friday.

Xavier Walsh (Port) – Rough Conduct (High Bump)
Conduct:
Careless
Impact: High
Penalty: 2 matches

Port’s Lachlan Charleson has been handed a $125 fine and reprimand for engaging in rough conduct with Glenelg’s Cole Gerloff at Stratarama Stadium on Friday.

Lachlan Charleson (Port) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)
Conduct:
Careless
Impact: Low
Penalty: $125 Fine & Reprimand

Is it high impact if the guy just bounces back up and keeps playing 5 seconds later?

It is when you're a Port player in the sanfl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRO Michael Christian was on Whateley show Tuesday morning and explained why he ruled differently in the Butters and Crouch decision.

Main difference was Butters had one hand on the ball when he impacted with Freo player, Crouch didn't.

Audio of interview and MRO also explains the difference in ruling for dangerous tackle by Toby Green on Mac Andrew last week at Mt Barker and Charlie Cameron on Jake Lever this week.

Summary of SEN's interview in case podcast goes down.

Last edited:
Charlie Cameron gets off at tribunal using Good Bloke argument aka exceptional and compelling circumstances.

When the Houli tribunal 2 game suspension was overturned at the Appeals Board hearing and he got 4 games for knocking someone out the chair said a blow from someone of exceptional character is the same as one from someone of bad character.

Cant use precedent so Cameron decision might last only 1 week.

Viva Chook Lotto.

Last edited:
Charlie Cameron gets off at tribunal using Good Bloke argument aka exceptional and compelling circumstances.

When the Houli tribunal 2 game suspension was overturned at the Appeals Board hearing and he got 4 games for knocking someone out the chair said a blow from someone of exceptional character is the same as one from someone of bad character.

Cant use precedent so Cameron decision might last only 1 week.

Viva Chook Lotto.

A mate of mine who lived in Qld for 20 plus years and became a brisvegas member while he lived there told me last night that he was surprised Charlie Cameron had never been reported before as he had seen him hand out more than a few behind the play cheap shots!

A mate of mine who lived in Qld for 20 plus years and became a brisvegas member while he lived there told me last night that he was surprised Charlie Cameron had never been reported before as he had seen him hand out more than a few behind the play cheap shots!
What close showdown did Charlie Cameron bump DBJ (from memory) in the head?

It ended up being a goal at the other end, setting the Crows up for the win.

Cameron is no saint.

What close showdown did Charlie Cameron bump DBJ (from memory) in the head?

It ended up being a goal at the other end, setting the Crows up for the win.

Cameron is no saint.
I think one Showdown he took out Dan Houston well after Dan’s disposal of the ball. Port players stopped expecting a free kick down the ground and of course no free kick - the result a crow’s goal in a very tight match. Cameron for his trouble received a fine later in the week. Happened right in front of me on the north eastern flank

I think one Showdown he took out Dan Houston well after Dan’s disposal of the ball. Port players stopped expecting a free kick down the ground and of course no free kick - the result a crow’s goal in a very tight match. Cameron for his trouble received a fine later in the week. Happened right in front of me on the north eastern flank
I remember it being on the outer wing and now you mention it, I think it was Houston.

He's a cheap shot merchant, I remember very early in his career he picked off Tommy Logan off the ball in a sanfl game.

He's picked off a couple of our players since, at the Lions as well as at the crows.

I think he cheap shotted Houston a couple of times because I thought he really didn't like him after the second one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back