Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair it was Hawks supporters who brought their ITK posts to this thread about how Brockman would re-sign if West Coast weren’t going to do a deal that satisfied Hawthorn.

If I remember correctly, it was something along the line of “Hawthorn value Brockman as a top 10 pick, and they’ve told the WA clubs as such”
Do you think Hawthorn should've said "he's free to a good home guys, just treat him well?".

This is a very interesting thread, mate.
We now have a strong possibility that the player may well nominate the club that holds PSD pick 1 …
Why would Carlton even need to win a final at this point, when this sort of excitement is happening in your world?

Sorry Hawks but we owe you nothing. No clubs gave us anything. It will be the same going back. There will be no favours. You will take what's given. Pick 109 and Simmo owns Two Hungry Jack Franchise so free refill of coke on the house but can only be used once if you ever visit or he goes to the PSD pick. Also Simmo will be monitoring the refill so no drinking it and then refilling quickly. No dodgy business. That's it. One monitored free refill.

Deal with it.

We will wait for Maric to request a trade back then

Ideally I would want to swap our picks to get ahead of McCabe bid if possible

Brocky, 29, 48 for 19, 54

rates his around late-30's but also gives us a pick we could actually use
Sorry not happening. He will be our second psd draft pick.

We are saying our first psd for Dev or someone of that calibre. He slips to fremnalte oopsies.no matter

We will wait for Maric to request a trade back then

Ideally I would want to swap our picks to get ahead of McCabe bid if possible

Brocky, 29, 48 for 19, 54

rates his around late-30's but also gives us a pick we could actually use

19 is far too valuable and will be off the table.

Itll be 38 at best. Possibly 54+57 to
free up your pick 33 for trades and still
Have points for McCabe.

Maric is looking like an absolute find.

By time he is out of contract at the end of next year he could be a pick in the teens.

At worst it would be a very good return on investment. But I’d be willing to bet Maric is an Eagle for a very long time.

Last edited:
Sorry not happening. He will be our second psd draft pick.

We are saying our first psd for Dev or someone of that calibre. He slips to fremnalte oopsies.no matter

Lol. We aren’t waking anyone to the PsD, let alone two players.

He wouldn’t get past Freo to our second pick, and there is zero chance the club gets two players to agree to walk to the PSD, it just won’t happen.

Get real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles and Hawks have a pretty good relationship so I'd doubt they'd bend us over.

That being said I'm not expecting much. I'd expect a rough deal would have already been worked out.

Will probably be a moving part for Hawthorn for other targets such as Henry/Esava.

Also reported Hawks shopping DGB for the 2nd year in a row. Sounds like cutting their losses to free up a list spot and cap space.

AFL radio podcaste with Wheatley and a trade 'expert' guy.

19 has too much value to us as first pick of 2nd day.

I doubt very much we'd use it in any deal for TB
won't be 1st pick of 2nd day
Suns will have 3 Academy picks slotted in + like Croft as FS picked in early teens.

Whoever holds Pick 17 is likely to be the 1st pick of Day 2.

Also reported Hawks shopping DGB for the 2nd year in a row. Sounds like cutting their losses to free up a list spot and cap space.

AFL radio podcaste with Wheatley and a trade 'expert' guy.

I'd be disappointed if that is the case and I have my doubts. I've liked what I've seen from DGB in the last few weeks of the season as the third tall.

Talent to burn. Just needs to get an AFL ready body.

I'd be disappointed if that is the case and I have my doubts. I've liked what I've seen from DGB in the last few weeks of the season as the third tall.

Talent to burn. Just needs to get an AFL ready body.

Without wanting to derail the thread, I think a big part of it is why hasn’t he been able to build an afl body/tank yet?

He’s had a few pre seasons under his belt. Is it his application or just more the kind of body/athlete he is?

Sam Edmund on Whateley.

Apparently he was also shopped around by Hawthorn last year too. I don’t remember any reporting on it, must have done it very quietly.
Hmmm, sounds like a Edmund rubbish story but my interest is piqued if they are actually shopping him

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back