Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not going to Freo, not the least because his manager is Young. Wouldnt be surprised if that Twomey tweet was the first time Brockman heard of that 4 year offer. Dont mind Freo and Hawks shaking hands to work together to avoid getting a raw deal though (even if I personally think a future 3rd is pretty fair from WC).

Problem for the Hawks there is only WC and Brockman (and his manager) need to agree to terms (which they seem to already have) for the move to happen. Benefits of being shithouse I suppose.

As you've said, unless Bell and Young can somehow get on the same page, which imagine would involve significant $$ overs, he ain't going to Freo

Problem for the Hawks there is only WC and Brockman (and his manager) need to agree to terms (which they seem to already have) for the move to happen. Benefits of being shithouse I suppose.

As you've said, unless Bell and Young can somehow get on the same page, which imagine would involve significant $$ overs, he ain't going to Freo
Yeah, I dont think Hawks are getting anything out of this, the pressure only helps us with SOS who seems set on being an absolute campaigner if he thinks a 3rd is close to getting it done for Henry. WC just need to sit back and wait. For the respective bargaining positions, a future 3rd is perfectly reasonable IMO though maybe 3rd round pick values have deteriorated to the point of being legitimately worthless.

Brockman will be at WC, even though I'd absolutely love him at Freo

He won't end up at Freo. Occasionally WA clubs play these games with each other but nothing ever changes. My club is as guilty of it as Freo are.

If anything we should probably be working together more considering how compromised the system actually is now.

I think we do a lot more than we would think.

This talk of Brockman wanting to go to West Coast because more of the guys have kids seems odd to me. The blokes that have kids are all the older ones aren’t they? Ryan and Cole the youngest I can think of and they be 27/28. Cripps McGovern Darling etc not going to be around for ever

This talk of Brockman wanting to go to West Coast because more of the guys have kids seems odd to me. The blokes that have kids are all the older ones aren’t they? Ryan and Cole the youngest I can think of and they be 27/28. Cripps McGovern Darling etc not going to be around for ever
We're starting a selective breeding programme once Reid touches down in Perth.

it is quite simple some guys who come home don't want to play for the eagles and others don't want to play for the dockers.

it is quite simple some guys who come home don't want to play for the eagles and others don't want to play for the dockers.
That’s fine, but ditch the weird excuse and just tell the truth. I can just see the 22 yo indigenous kid and his twins hanging out with Courtney Darling and Nadia Barrass in the northern beaches

Barrass will be there for another 4-6 years, as will Ryan, who he's reportedly close to. Kelly probably another 4-5.

Shuey's stayed on to coach, probably NN will do work around the club. There'll be a number of players and ex-players around the club with kids who can balance out the young single blokes coming in.

Not a knock on Freo in regards to that, they're just a young side.

That’s fine, but ditch the weird excuse and just tell the truth. I can just see the 22 yo indigenous kid and his twins hanging out with Courtney Darling and Nadia Barrass in the northern beaches
Brockman's manager is Colin Young and he and Freo do not see eye to eye.Are you the only docker supporter who doesn't know about the fued between Colin Young and Feathers.Besides which he will hang out with Liam Ryan.
Kelly was never going to play for the dockers just like Jackson was never a chance to play for the Eagles.
It was a pity that Naughton signed up for nine years at the bulldogs as he is another who wouldn't have come back to play for the Dockers.
As i said some players come back to play for the eagles and some for dockers it's not just for the money.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable reporting that Brockman leaning towards leaving and West Coast would be his destination.

Freo might like to get involved and may make representations to Brockman and Hawthorn, I don’t think they can land him.

Brockman’s desire is to be with family in WA and at a club that has players with children.

In that sense Wear Coast are far better placed to provide an environment that appeals to Brockman and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think money is the determining factor between Freo and West Coast.

Like I said, It’s about the environment. He wants a familiar environment and one that can help his partner and kids settle.

Tim Kelly, Liam Ryan, Shuey (will still be around), Gov, Barrass, all have young families.

The West reporting that Brockman’s decision is around environment as per above.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-...lnJOr7MGv68Th2ZazPOg73sedG1yy_LjEixY_bjdCniZU

“Brockman also sees the Eagles, who have several other fathers on the list, as the ideal environment for him and his young family, which includes twin daughters he welcomed late last year alongside partner Tyrah Kickett.

The Dockers offered Brockman a four-year deal this week as they try to cover the expected loss of star small forward Lachie Schultz, who is almost certain to find his way to Collingwood before the end of the trade period.

Brockman, 20, won’t be swayed in his decision and is determined to land at the Eagles.”

We'd still never be as inbred as the people down Cockburn way
banjo-deliverance.gif

I thought the whole vibe was that he thought west coast would be best to support his family with his kids. Not necessarily that he wanted to hang out with Courtney Darling and learn about the dangers of 5G towers.
Surprised she lets Jack have the electric Audi. The signals that thing must put out

I think the whole "Eagles will support the family better" is a Tim Kelly conversation.

All in all Colin Young strikes again in this situation. Fremantle need to sort it out

This is a very strange comment, what are you trying to imply? A young indigenous kid can’t hang out with those sorts of people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back