gsp-diaz.jpg

The un-official poster :D

16ou4l.png

GSP v Nick Diaz
Rory v Condit
Hendricks v Ellenberger

Preliminary card
Cote v Sakara

That unoffical poster would still be great without Hendricks at Diaz's shoulder but that addition makes it that much funnier.

Really looking forward to this. Interesting to see how the MacDonald/Condit fight goes down a few years after their first fight. Hendricks hopefully with another impressive KO so we've got a genuine number 1 contender after this event. Diaz will be bringing the fight to GSP the whole time but I don't see him winning. Cote/Sakara should be fun too.

I wonder if GSP will stand with Diaz just to prove a point?

I wonder if GSP will stand with Diaz just to prove a point?
GSP usually makes his opponents fight where they're weakest. He surprised me in standing with Condit for as long as he did and it almost cost him the fight, when he took Condit down he was in control. Diaz is dangerous on the ground and standing so I think he'll mix it up. Having said that I think his strategy will be a bit more weighted towards the way he fought Dan Hardy than the way the he fought Jake Shields in terms of keeping it standing vs taking him down.

GSP by plenty. McDonald v Condit is very tough to predict.

GSP is right to duck Hendricks. * standing in front of that guy.

GSP by plenty. McDonald v Condit is very tough to predict.
I agree but I'll sure as hell be going for Condit, lost all respect for Rory, he seems like an A grade tool.

That way after GSP gets through Diaz & Hendricks Condit/GSP II can happen.

GSP seems like hes looking to stay active, so I'd say it'll be Diaz in March, Hendricks in September/October '13 if Hendricks wins his next fight, then Condit again around Feb/March '14 if hes still the champ. Odds are he will be champ still, can't see Diaz beating him & if he can take Hendricks down (& who can't he take down?) then he'll dominate him.

I agree but I'll sure as hell be going for Condit, lost all respect for Rory, he seems like an A grade tool.
The showboating in his fight with Penn or something more/else?

That way after GSP gets through Diaz & Hendricks Condit/GSP II can happen.
The first fight was good but I hope there's someone else pushing for a title shot by then rather than Condit getting another one. I don't see another fight between them playing out much differently and I think with that being GSP's first fight in over a year that was Condit's best chance of pulling off the upset.

if he can take Hendricks down (& who can't he take down?) then he'll dominate him.
I don't think there's much doubt that he'd be able to take Hendricks down, it's whether he'll be conscious for long enough to do so.

Nice to see Rory getting the Jones treatment.... seems like everyone's looking for a reason to hate him. :rolleyes:

Looks like being an exciting card. Diaz, despite not earning or deserving a shot will be game and test Georges, MacDonald gets a shot at revenge and Hendricks meets a near mirror image of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the hate for Rory either. Just wondering what's with the hate.

I think the showboating is getting really overblown.

I love how people have forgotten how classy he was in his one defeat to Condit. At 21 or 22 he told his home crowd to not boo the guy who had just kicked the crap out of him despite many people claiming it was an early stoppage. The tall poppy syndrome he's been facing since he's started mauling guys since is ridiculous. From memory it started with the nickname change, then people had a problem with his dress sense and most recently him doing the Ali shuffle against a guy who had talked a lot in the build up to their fight. Had the shoe been on the other foot and BJ had done that to Rory, I'd bet people would be talking about how great it was.

I don't get the hate for Rory either. Just wondering what's with the hate.

I think the showboating is getting really overblown.
I don't like personality of the guy, I didn't mind him but before you strut around like a peacock I think he needs to establish himself a little more.

Nice to see Rory getting the Jones treatment....

The tall poppy syndrome he's been facing since he's started mauling guys since is ridiculous. From memory it started with the nickname change, then people had a problem with his dress sense and most recently him doing the Ali shuffle against a guy who had talked a lot in the build up to their fight. Had the shoe been on the other foot and BJ had done that to Rory, I'd bet people would be talking about how great it was.

Well to even be compared to Jones is an insult to Jones. I don't like Jones but at least the guy has beaten all challengers to the title at 205. Rory is a different story, he has faced one contender & was stopped. To shuffle around like Ali is going a touch early in my opinion. And if you remember even Ali was massively hated for that type of behavior as a kid, it only really became accepted as 'flare' or 'entertaining' after he retired.

As for BJ doing it, I'm not big on showboating by anyone but at least his career would back up that type of bravado.

I did laugh when Rory explained that he wasn't showboating but using a martial arts technique lol

I don't like personality of the guy, I didn't mind him but before you strut around like a peacock I think he needs to establish himself a little more.

Well to even be compared to Jones is an insult to Jones. I don't like Jones but at least the guy has beaten all challengers to the title at 205. Rory is a different story, he has faced one contender & was stopped. To shuffle around like Ali is going a touch early in my opinion. And if you remember even Ali was massively hated for that type of behavior as a kid, it only really became accepted as 'flare' or 'entertaining' after he retired.

As for BJ doing it, I'm not big on showboating by anyone but at least his career would back up that type of bravado.

The Jones treatment was a reference to the hate that Jon started getting as soon as he started to become sucessful and that Rory is starting to go through the same thing. It wasn't comparing their fighting abilities, although I certainly wouldn't classify it as an insult to Jones if they were compared. What exactly do you mean by "strutting around like a peacock"? I've seen him dressed like a hipster at a few events and get in to a slanging match with BJ (he wouldn't be the first there), but can't recall any other reasons for disliking him.

I do remember Ali being hated, but not for the reasons you mention. His antics in the ring certainly didn't help things, but his mouth, racism and him declining to fight in Vietnam were far bigger factors in him being hated than clowning around in the ring.

Enough with the tall poppy stuff. GSP is the tallest poppy out there and you'd go a long way to find someone who had even a remotely negative thing about the guy. Silva is adored.
People forget Rory is a kid and that being strange or differen't is not worthy of boos or scorn, but it's incorrect to put any negative opinions down simply to him being successful and them being jealous or resenting his success.

Having said that, I hope Carlos beats him up.

nickdiazgf1.jpg

Diaz circumvents the need to have a aesthetically pleasing head, as evidenced here.

May or may not be Diaz's girlfriend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back