MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's too late to fly someone out to Australia to fight Pennington

I meant actually replacing the fight, not necessarily just Holm. Put some local boys on it to have a scrap.

Card got better with that fight falling through IMO. Would have been a snoozer...

If I was going to this card (bit annoyed i'm not) I'd skip the first 2-3 fights. Can get to be a long day getting there for the first fight

I'll get there for the first fight, they are long days but it's all part of it. Fight of the night in Feb came in the prelims so don't want miss any of them.

Great...I paid 80 odd for a ticket I could have got for 50 bucks cheaper.

Were the cheapest tickets actually $80?

Is there anything in the T&C's that says they can adjust the price? Would be inclined to get a refund, that's shithouse mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just picked up a $35 ticket, on level 3. Don't expect to be able to see that well, but worth it for that price just for the atmosphere. Hopefully Whittaker gets up.

Ticketmaster voucher is UFCMARVEL for anyone interested

Izzy is such a fun fighter to watch. Tempted to get a ticket just to watch him, rest of the card is garbage

Were the cheapest tickets actually $80?

Is there anything in the T&C's that says they can adjust the price? Would be inclined to get a refund, that's s**thouse mate.
Top deck they were and that’s where I was for 193.

I might watch from level 1 on Sunday.

Top deck they were and that’s where I was for 193.

I might watch from level 1 on Sunday.

How was it from Level 3 for 193? I imagine they look like ants, but I still reckon it'll be worth it for these $35 tickets.

Ants is a good way of describing it but being there was pretty cool and for $35 for this one is good value.

Yeah, that's what I figured. If there's a KO with 50k+ there, it'll go off. Marvel gets really loud too, I find.

Ok i'll have a crack at picking the card:

Robert Whittaker vs Israel Adesanya

I'm afraid to say it but I'm on Israel for this one. 6 and a half inches of reach plus his inventive striking style will make it hard for Rob to land on him. I don't think Izzy has the power to finish him, maybe a late TKO but I think it's a long night for Rob unfortunately. Even if he tries a Plan B takedown I think it will be hard to get him down.

Al Iaquinta vs Dan Hooker

Al will be tough and hard to finish but I think Dan's ability to strike straight and using his length to stay out of a clinch should be the key, probably going the distance as well.

Tai Tuivasa vs Sergey Spivac

Huge opportunity for Tai to bounce back and I'm backing him to do so in brutal fashion. Spivac hasn't really beaten anyone of quality (has beaten the iron horse Travis Fulton though) and i expect Tai to outclass him in the first few minutes.

Luke Jumeau vs Dhiego Lima

Riding a few wins in a row here I expect Lima to get the chocolates.

Jake Matthews vs Rostem Akman

Unsure, i'll back Jake in front of his home town audience in a heart over head prediction.

Justin Tafa vs Yorgan De Castro

This could be a lot of fun, been looking forward to him debuting for some time, i'll have to back Junior here, hoping he can be as impressive than Tuivasa was in his debut.

Callan Potter vs Maki Pitolo

Potter looked like he was too keyed up for his last effort in the octagon and paid the price, on a bigger stage this might be a problem.

Megan Anderson vs Zarah Fairn Dos Santos

Backing Megan to bounce back here, the blueprint on how to beat her is out there now but this one should stay standing.

Nadia Kassem vs Ji Yeon Kim

Simply because she appears more attractive (I have no idea)

Khalid Taha vs Bruno Silva

Because he looks scarier.

If Robbo gets injured again they might as well can the entire thing.

I've wondered for a while, how is the call made on injury pullouts?

It is pro sport, heaps of fighters would have niggles of one type or another, just as AFL footballers are rarely 100%.

Who draws the line, and how? Especially with huge fights which headline major, million-dollar events.

I'd like to be the fly on the wall when a Whittaker and/or his manager and/or head trainer make the call to Dana and/or the event manager.

And I have nfi who else would be involved, but at the level of a UFC 243, there are a lot of vested interests at play.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back