Competitions Ultimate Footy 2017 - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Eked out a win with a decent 19 goals, and contested well with 38 hitouts against Sandi, but probably would have been smashed by any other team in a week where the best performing mids I had on field were Ziebell (31) and Duncan (30), my 6th and 7th round picks.

Stupid WGS, feels crap being beaten by the worst midfield ever assembled*

* Indicates the opposite of what was actually said

Intelligent WGS, feels amazing being beaten by the best midfield ever assembled.

Now with the opposite of what was said dubbed over for a more streamlined post.

I thought I'd run some League Stats, because I'm The Count and all. Something like the winners of each category each week, and total across the season? I dunno, we'll see what comes out.

So, from Round 1 ...
Score
The Faceless Men (Captain Jack) - 28.5 (173)
%
As above - 0.848
Kicks
Salem's Lot (Pee Tear Griffin) - 252
Handballs
Just Lyon Around (Sando22) - 198
Marks
The Faceless Men (Captain Jack) - 106
Hitouts
Tesseract (TheDarkDwarf) - 100 (by courtesy of having Gawn as capt)
Tackles
Viney's Troopers (deeman87) - 83
Frees For
Marc's Team (Marc_Remillard) - 25
Frees Against
Tied, 12 Inch Pianists (TheCount) and Norf Haverbrook (Dory_77) - 11

The Faceless Men the team to beat winning 3 categories

I conceded halfway through Saturday haha, you have put together a very good team
Went hard for goal scoring forwards and marking back men. My concern is my midfield and I was regretting picking Kruezer until his great performance on Thursday

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I'd run some League Stats, because I'm The Count and all. Something like the winners of each category each week, and total across the season? I dunno, we'll see what comes out.

So, from Round 1 ...
Score
The Faceless Men (Captain Jack) - 28.5 (173)
%
As above - 0.848
Kicks
Salem's Lot (Pee Tear Griffin) - 252
Handballs
Just Lyon Around (Sando22) - 198
Marks
The Faceless Men (Captain Jack) - 106
Hitouts
Tesseract (TheDarkDwarf) - 100 (by courtesy of having Gawn as capt)
Tackles
Viney's Troopers (deeman87) - 83
Frees For
Marc's Team (Marc_Remillard) - 25
Frees Against
Tied, 12 Inch Pianists (TheCount) and Norf Haverbrook (Dory_77) - 11

The Faceless Men the team to beat winning 3 categories

Wow - way to go Captain Jack I hope I don't have to face you anytime soon.

Bring on round two - who's my opponent?

...oh.

Damn.

It's you and me this week TheCount my fellow rising star.
7th vs 8th.
How's Riewoldt travelling? :drunk:
I can't even! Looks a lot better than it did Saturday night, I thought my season, and St Kilda's for that matter, was over when it looked like someone shot him ... but thankfully will only miss a week or two.

Otherwise, I'm less than confident, big chance the 2pts from the draw is all I'll get this year!

I can't even! Looks a lot better than it did Saturday night, I thought my season, and St Kilda's for that matter, was over when it looked like someone shot him ... but thankfully will only miss a week or two.

Otherwise, I'm less than confident, big chance the 2pts from the draw is all I'll get this year!
You're always going to be fairly safe with Mitchell in your side!!

Question lads - does the captains loophole commonly used in SC work in this?
And if so, talk me through what the thought process is. Would you target a specific category you consider 50/50 or would you shore up one you think you already have an advantage in?
So you would like to know how to cheat?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Question lads - does the captains loophole commonly used in SC work in this?
And if so, talk me through what the thought process is. Would you target a specific category you consider 50/50 or would you shore up one you think you already have an advantage in?
I.e. make your VC a player in an earlier game than your captain and take the C off if the VC goes bananas? Yes, that works and most of us will do it throughout the season.

You can also put players from earlier games in your emergencies while leaving an open spot on your field. If that emergency doesn't fire, flirt with placing somebody from your bench whose playing a later game back on.

So you would like to know how to cheat?

Haha it's not cheating.
If you're not doing that, you ain't serious Sting!!
My question was probably more around the tactic of it as opposed to easily picking the bloke(s) you think are going to score the highest total score in SC.
FWIW I really like the scoring system in this comp!

Haha it's not cheating.
If you're not doing that, you ain't serious Sting!!
My question was probably more around the tactic of it as opposed to easily picking the bloke(s) you think are going to score the highest total score in SC.
FWIW I really like the scoring system in this comp!
Nah i just stick the c on fyfe and be done with it

Make your vice captain a player you are thinking of keeping. If he scores well name a player who isnt playing as captain and have the bench emergency as a player who isnt playing

Nah i just stick the c on fyfe and be done with it

Make your vice captain a player you are thinking of keeping. If he scores well name a player who isnt playing as captain and have the bench emergency as a player who isnt playing

Yep, same as SC.
:thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back