Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate. They had their club captain in the grand final, we didn't, so did Hawthorn in 2008. If you can name a younger side to win a flag without their club captain playing, feel free!

who cares about the captain. hell, if he had been playing, you may have not even made it.

different system then too. had to play 4th, as the 5th placed team. no rest between round 22 and finals. did it harder.
Were they missing 5 of their best 22 players for the entire series? We were missing Murphy, Crameri, Adams, Redpath & Wallis

Were they missing 5 of their best 22 players for the entire series? We were missing Murphy, Crameri, Adams, Redpath & Wallis
Dear God, mate, you're not talking to Luke Darcy here. No-one cares.

Every media outlet. they were called the tuesday after, and made sydneys blood boil even more, when advised the hanners below the knee contact was not paid incorrectly.
The match was done and dusted by the time of the Hanners incident. We still dominated play for most the game, just like the other finals.

No mate. They had their club captain in the grand final, we didn't, so did Hawthorn in 2008. If you can name a younger side to win a flag without their club captain playing, feel free!

No one cares. Honestly, do you think people even remember that stuff?

"Oh hey John, remember that time when the Western won the granny with the youngest side without a captain?!" Excretes excited Western fan

John shakes his head and walks off

The match was done and dusted by the time of the Hanners incident. We still dominated play for most the game, just like the other finals.

was it? really? even if it was (it wasnt) it shows how one sided the umpiring was.

Dear God, mate, you're not talking to Luke Darcy here. No-one cares.

They are "Brave"
christ almighty, they are the only team in history to win anything with injuries....

but, im convinced bob played, he even got a medal (well, afl turned a blind eye, on having a nonparticipating player on the dias)

Catch you later pal. Overstayed your welcome, and you're not speaking to a captive audience here.

Take all of this back to your own board.

I feel I am expected to start this thread.
Wtf. In all seriouslyness.
It's tough to say SW. I remember when I climbed Mt Macedon from the Kilmore side last year and spent 3 hours in the deaf zone - my judgement was very clouded. But thankfully one of my 2,398 mates is a certified sherpa up there and he grabbed me an oxygen tank and got me down safely. I ended up getting the bends though because we descended a bit too quickly because I'd forgotten to whack a newspaper down the lycra to minimise the wind-chill factor. Rookie error. And that's what I reckon happened to the umpires against the Dogs - rookie errors.

It's tough to say SW. I remember when I climbed Mt Macedon from the Kilmore side last year and spent 3 hours in the deaf zone - my judgement was very clouded. But thankfully one of my 2,398 mates is a certified sherpa up there and he grabbed me an oxygen tank and got me down safely. I ended up getting the bends though because we descended a bit too quickly because I'd forgotten to whack a newspaper down the lycra to minimise the wind-chill factor. Rookie error. And that's what I reckon happened to the umpires against the Dogs - rookie errors.

As a matter of interest, when you do whack the newspaper down there, what does that feel like Artie? I've never contemplated that manouvre myself.

I wonder if we could point WBD76 in the direction of the saint board to have a chat with saint bill. Between traffic woes and missing captains, I rather reckon though those two could entertain themselves to their hearts content and leave the rest of us alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you said a prayer for Scotts under that Cross.

I wonder if we could point WBD76 in the direction of the saint board to have a chat with saint bill. Between traffic woes and missing captains, I rather reckon though those two could entertain themselves to their hearts content and leave the rest of us alone.

it would be like a pissing contest against the wind!:D

They won from 5th not 7th, and they played West Coast at Football Park, not in Perth. They also played only one interstate match at the MCG before the Grand Final, whereas we played week 1 in Perth & week 3 at Metricon. Sorry Guys!

Actually in 1997 they finished fourth. Last I checked the GF is at the MCG which is not in Adelaide, so two finals at Footy Park then two on the trot in Melbourne. In 1998 they finished 5th and had to play FOUR INTERSTATE FINALS.

Actually in 1997 they finished fourth. Last I checked the GF is at the MCG which is not in Adelaide, so two finals at Footy Park then two on the trot in Melbourne. In 1998 they finished 5th and had to play FOUR INTERSTATE FINALS.

You're crazy. That year never happened.

So with your missing captain, all those injuries, blah-de-blah-de-brave..... you CANNOT seem to grasp the concept that the only way your termite of a club got through was on the back of the best run of finals umpiring EVER seen??

It's really not THAT hard to make the leap y'know.... just watch replays with neutral supporters and open eyes and ears.

Last edited:
They won from 5th not 7th, and they played West Coast at Football Park, not in Perth. They also played only one interstate match at the MCG before the Grand Final, whereas we played week 1 in Perth & week 3 at Metricon. Sorry Guys!

They won four finals, two of them being interstate. Don't try and put one over me, it won't end well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back