Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

I yearn for the good old days:(

I don't. I've fed on the nostalgia for too long. I don't get the rush from those Grand Finals any more and almost find them a source of frustration as to how removed they feel from where we are now at. I crave a new era of success. Maybe then I will be able to enjoy the "old times" again.

Last edited:

I don't. I've fed on the nostalgia for too long. I don't get the rush from those Grand Finals any more and almost find them a source of frustration as to how removed they feel from where we are now at. I crave a new era of success. Maybe then I will be able to enjoy the "old times" again.
You've described my feelings exactly.

Maybe he needs the money? Might not be getting paid as much as he's used to.
I found the comments about coming back to Brisbane interesting. I wonder if that meant we were his backup plan, or if that was a post-AFL career thought.

I found the comments about coming back to Brisbane interesting. I wonder if that meant we were his backup plan, or if that was a post-AFL career thought.
Rockliff leaving at end of 2017! CONFIRMED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still nostalgic about Fitzroy. But then at my age nostalgia tends to increase with each passing year. I'm nostalgic about last week.

Your lucky .........I can't remember last week !!!!!!

ah the good old days. remember playing this in my youth at the camp hill hotel and thinking what the hell will they think of next.

Pong-1920x1200-31.jpg

Rocky was just on SEN and also will be calling the womens game on Saturday

seems to love Fagan and was very measured.

Says he will still tell it as it is but will also try and acknowledge positives more

SEN did their review this morning on Brisbane. Highlighted that Watson/Lyon had no clue/did not really care about Brisbane. Spent the majority of time talking about Fagan and what he brings to the table. They did mention the tall forwards and Lyon admitted he did not know a lot about them and that they were "off broadway". No mention of D Beams and others returning from injury. In fact the only other players mentioned were Rockliff and McCluggage.

Comparing this to the extensive Essendon review yesterday, it is clear that this particular program will be focusing on the big Melbourne clubs (which is fair enough I guess as they are a Melbourne radio station looking for ratings). Just shows you however that Brisbane have a long way to go to becoming relevant in the general AFL universe.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/20/preview-or-fagan-the-right-man-to-get-lions-back-on-track/

At least he's honest about it. Don't disagree with anything in that article. The fact that Watson predicted us not to finish last is a significant wrap. If you look at the ladder predictor thread on the main board I think 95% of them have us last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back