News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. The Dream Team is not what state of origin is all about.

I'm happy for an exhibition game to raise money, but don't call it state of origin.

Still want to see it as this would be the highest quality game in terms of skill in over a decade since the last Victoria vs All Stars game. Every other sport in the world gets to see their best players running out in the same team, I very much want to see the best 50 players in the AFL all playing in the one game.

Don't do it.

Just take a % of gate sales in rd1.

Piss off State of origin.

No one wants injuries.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will be played the same time as preseason games. No more risk of a player doing an injury in this match than he would in a preseason game for his club.

Would literally rather two arbitrary teams (eg: golds v reds) than another Vic v the rest game.
No way do I want a Vics v The Rest game. Give us Vics v SA or Vics v WA.
Vics v SA may make more sense as two of the states hit hardest by fires.
I certainly would love Vics v WA
SA v NSW
and Tasmania v Queensland to be played in Melbourne, Adelaide and Launceston.
Maybe SA v NSW/ACT considering how Canberra been effected too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid idea, won't happen.
As if clubs are going to let their best players play a month before the season starts.
Just donate money AFL......

Stupid idea, won't happen.
As if clubs are going to let their best players play a month before the season starts.
Just donate money AFL......
The game will be on on at the same time as preseason games, so every club is already letting their best players play a month before the season starts....

JLT / charity all stars game, just as likely to get injured in either.

if the AFL and clubs/players gave 1% of their revenue that would be $5mil at least.

either that or have a cricket match with AFL players.

The game will be on on at the same time as preseason games, so every club is already letting their best players play a month before the season starts....

JLT / charity all stars game, just as likely to get injured in either.
So it will be an origin clash played like a practice match, what a waste of time.....

Honestly can not believe there is any backlash to this at all, state of origin should be back. Period. And this is a selfless event, coming together to support those affected by the fires
Amen!!!
The majority will support it,
The Debbie's can just do something else.

What did the AFL do after the 2009 Black Saturday fires where 10 times as many people died? Or in 1974/75 when the bushfires burned 250 million hectares compared to the 21 hectares burned in 2019/20?
I went to the 1983 Ash Wednesday Bushfire game at Waverley Park.
Only time my mother ever took me to the footy.
God bless her soul.

Honestly can not believe there is any backlash to this at all, state of origin should be back. Period. And this is a selfless event, coming together to support those affected by the fires

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wow, it's obvious you have no idea......
Just because GC have no chance of a flag doesn't mean the great sides are willing to throw away a premiership by losing key players in a bullshit game .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back