• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:

This seems like sour grapes.

Why are you so invested in (your words) "the Worst President of All Time" to the point that you are annoyed that people are relieved by "the Worst President of All Time" being voted out?

I'm not that invested in Trump, I'm just bemused as to why people are rejoicing about the prospect of an underwhelming candidate like Biden being President.

I could understand if it was a Democrat candidate like Obama or Clinton that had charisma and that people genuinely liked, most people voted for Biden because he wasn't Trump, not because they liked him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not that invested in Trump, I'm just bemused as to why people are rejoicing about the prospect of an underwhelming candidate like Biden being President.

I could understand if it was a Democrat candidate like Obama or Clinton that had charisma and that people genuinely liked, most people voted for Biden because he wasn't Trump, not because they liked him.
Biden will try to act on climate change for starters.

I'm just here to stimulate the minds of those less fortunate.

It takes a whole village to raise an idiot.

That's not happening without a complete overhaul of the global economy. Neo-liberalism is a failed ideology.

Disagree.

Howard managed it (housing subsidies for the working class encouraging housing ownership, booming economy due to GST and the impact of Hawke/ Keating reforms) and he was a neo-liberal (conservative) in every sense of the word.

He had the 'white, suburban, working class, blue collar' vote, right up until he showed his true colors and attempted to hoist Work choices on them.

Abbot didnt even bother trying to appease that demographic economically when he got into power. Instead he released a budget that effectively screwed them harder by removing protections for workers who lost jobs due to globalisation, nerfing medicare and not doing one thing to help them out while handing out knighthoods to the already wealthy and smoking cigars on the lawn of Parliament house. He was turfed not long after.

If you address the economic conditions of that 'rust belt/ battler' demographic (make home ownership accessible and secure, create employment, have a strong economy) you can win them over without having to blame brown people for all their woes.

Sit on one hand for half an hour and the world is your oyster.
jaydeadhand.jpg

You're so transparent, of course you're a Trumpist.

And you answered your own question, there was only one candidate challenging "the Worst President of All Time" (WPOAT), so everyone who wants to see the back of WPOAT will be pleased when (if) he is defeated.

I don't like Biden, but I can't stand Trump. And I don't understand people who support him, given he wouldn't p!ss on any of them if they were on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back