Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good thinking to leave before 9am this morning to come up the beach , a bit of traffic but not heaps, later on the roads were f’ed and an accident made it even worse
AFter one day of total closure, watch people wander around like zombies

Last night on the way home traffic was merging, I was in the left lane. Naturally looking to do the "zipper" merge with the rest of the traffic but the car in the right lane was about 10 metres back, so figured I'd be merging in front.

As we got to the point where we merged the *head suddenly thinks "oh I can go ahead of that dickhead on the left" and sped up to get in front of me, causing me to suddenly brake to let it through.

I assume they had WA numberplates.

Saw a guy go straight through a red light at 6.15am this morning, all to get to a servo 100m after the light. I was shocked.

Yesterday I was second in line at a red light, waiting to turn right - a good number of times you'll get a green arrow at that intersection, but when there's pedestrians crossing where we're turning, we stay red until it drops out, and you go when it's safe

Yesterday we had pedestrians crossing so the arrow stayed red. When the cars beside us with a green straight ahead light started moving, the car in front of me decided it was ok to take off also and went straight through the red light - didn't look like they realised they had a red light as they went into the middle of the intersection ready to turn

Last edited:
Yesterday I was second in line at a red light, waiting to turn right - a good number of times you'll get a green arrow at that intersection, but when there's pedestrians crossing where we're turning, we stay red until it stops out, and you go when it's safe

Yesterday we had pedestrians crossing so the arrow stayed red. When the cars beside us with a green straight ahead light started moving, the car in front of me decided it was ok to take off also and went straight through the red light - didn't look like they realised they had a red light as they went into the middle of the intersection ready to turn

Saw a pedestrian get collected badly doing that once.
Partly the design of the traffic lights, majority of cars are turning right there, and that's when the pedestrian walk light comes on.

Saw a pedestrian get collected badly doing that once.
Partly the design of the traffic lights, majority of cars are turning right there, and that's when the pedestrian walk light comes on.

There's a real dangerous pedestrian crossing near my gym, I actually don't really treat it as one anymore. It's just around a corner and a lot of people don't see it. Of course if they drive through and see me at the last minute I get an apology wave, won't help if they clean me up of course.

There's a real dangerous pedestrian crossing near my gym, I actually don't really treat it as one anymore. It's just around a corner and a lot of people don't see it. Of course if they drive through and see me at the last minute I get an apology wave, won't help if they clean me up of course.
did you die?

I could be wrong and probably am, but I believe it's due to the lack of adequate emergency stopping lanes.
I see how that makes sense, but I travel through there well after the peak times. You'd have to be absolutely blind drunk to run into the back of a car.

I see how that makes sense, but I travel through there well after the peak times. You'd have to be absolutely blind drunk to run into the back of a car.
I mean with how some campaigners drive they could be stone cold sober and still do it. Or they are on their phones.

It's been a while since I've been on the Monash but hopefully after the construction is all done it becomes like Citylink where after 11pm (?) it opens up to 100km.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean with how some campaigners drive they could be stone cold sober and still do it. Or they are on their phones.

It's been a while since I've been on the Monash but hopefully after the construction is all done it becomes like Citylink where after 11pm (?) it opens up to 100km.
I always thought it was midnight it became 100?

You make a good point about the drivers. I travel exactly 80kmh, I get flashed and tooted by campaigners in those big * off utes. They're the first to complain when they get done by revenue raising speed cameras but refuse to take ownership for their bad and dangerous behavior.

The amount of times I see cars on that freeway overtake 20 cars just to get in front of a truck to take the very next exit after sitting in the left lane is frightening.

And whilst I'm on it, completely irreverent, but people that speed when roadworks are on is alarming. I was caught in peak hour traffic heading on Williamson's road in Doncaster a week ago, cars are notorious for speeding down there through the road works. There was a blitz by the highway patrol about a month ago. They pull somebody in, by the time they finished booking the driver, they'd immediately get another. One car became three by the Thursday, obviously couldn't keep up.

Better off not indicating!

Manually indicating FTW!

What-hand-signals-while-driving-means.jpg

I find it completely ironic that i now have to drive through Greensborough to avoid being held up on the Greensborough bypass to get to work.....🤣

Yeah I sometimes go up the Ring Road from Greensborough to get to work, it's a real prick, sometimes better to drive up Grimshaw and through Thomastown and get on the ring up further.

Was at the roundabout at Mickleham Road/Melrose Drive and Broadmeadows Road, it also has traffic lights, to enter the roundabout, and halfway through it.

I was in the left hand lane, one car in front of me. A taxi pulls up in the lane beside us, and just went straight through. All to wait at a red light 10m ahead. I was in disbelief.

The campaigner wasn't doing the speed limit either when we got further down Mickleham Road. He then got stuck behind a broken down car, but * me. How do you just go through a red just cos?

Ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back