Mega Thread Venting 360 - Frustration and Vitriol from all angles

Remove this Banner Ad

I sit down yesterday afternoon to watch the AFL - Melbourne smashed by 93.

I sit down last night to watch some cricket - Australia stink it up.

Then, I sit down to watch the Premier League - Tottenham lose 4-0 to Liverpool.

desk_flip.jpg

Bad. Had to get that off my chest.

Jesus, I get home and check the scores from today and this is what I find? What a disgrace. We are GWS' bunny - the only team that is. Pathetic. I am honestly losing interest in football now. What can turn around such a broken organisation?

Usually at this time of year I'm thinking of what changes can be made to the team for next year and finding excitement about how they can make things better. At the moment things feel so bad that it's hard to get my head around just how much will have to happen to become any kind of respectable club.

Jesus, I get home and check the scores from today and this is what I find? What a disgrace. We are GWS' bunny - the only team that is. Pathetic. I am honestly losing interest in football now. What can turn around such a broken organisation?

New logo
New jumpers

New sponsors
New stadium partnerships
New CEO
New FD
New coach(es)
New players
Attacking gameplan
Defensive gameplan
Trying to lose

Trying to win

Probably a better question is: what's left?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tuned into to hear Basil's voice say "GWS marching towards their biggest victory ever...." The combination of Basil's voice and that sentence will haunt me the rest of my days

Can I give you some (probably unwanted) advice ?

1) Change your name from the Demons or just drop the nickname. There's bad karma there. I don't know if it's possible to do that.
2) Change your jumper from Dark Blue to sky blue. Have jumpers that are more like the West Perth colours/jumpers. In that successful period you had you actually had that lighter cloud of blue. When I was in Melbourne I supported Melbourne and had a Melbourne scarf etc. The number of well meaning people who yelled "Go Bombers" and "Up the Bombers" while I was walking around was unbelievable.

3) Fremantle (my club) ditched the anchor a couple of seasons back and we have never looked back. Some expert talked about the Karma of a symbol that weighed you down.

I hope these suggestions don't get met with too much hostility.

Can I give you some (probably unwanted) advice ?

1) Change your name from the Demons or just drop the nickname. There's bad karma there. I don't know if it's possible to do that.
2) Change your jumper from Dark Blue to sky blue. Have jumpers that are more like the West Perth colours/jumpers. In that successful period you had you actually had that lighter cloud of blue. When I was in Melbourne I supported Melbourne and had a Melbourne scarf etc. The number of well meaning people who yelled "Go Bombers" and "Up the Bombers" while I was walking around was unbelievable.

3) Fremantle (my club) ditched the anchor a couple of seasons back and we have never looked back. Some expert talked about the Karma of a symbol that weighed you down.

I hope these suggestions don't get met with too much hostility.

Nail on the head there. Our performance issues are definitely cosmetics related.

Your club was so poor, it's really disheartening to watch.

I really want to see you guys stick it up 'em and drill the competition, or go on a winning streak or something. Then the believe will come!

That winning feeling will change everything.

Statistically speaking we will come good at some point. Whether we are allowed enough time to get the permutations up high enough is of concern though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back