VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey friends - curious to hear how George Stevens is tracking? he was someone I was really keen for Essendon based on the 4 minute highlight clip. He obviously slid a fair way in the draft, what have you guys seen at VFL level in terms of his skillset and ability to transfer to senior level?
He could make it but I'm not the biggest fan and can see why he slid. Not sure he has the agility and pace for senior footy but would love to be wrong.

He seems to be a great kid though and has made visible progress in dropping kilos so too early to write him off.

sure

but Atkins, Bruhn etc will need to get managed.

Hardie gets a shot.

GO Catters
Atkins is not exactly excelling in the midfield. He's a good burst player as sub but he doesn't really have the engine to go all game. Hardie looks like a genuine midfielder and he's one of the best playing VFL not just best at Geelong. Surely Scott and the coaches are considering him.

Toby not playing VFL this weekend - being managed

Guessing a sign of potential inclusion for Friday night as they wouldn't want him playing Friday night off a 5-day break

Considering we have a VFL bye the following week, unless something is actually wrong, I'm not sure he'd be having a couple of weeks off

Guessing a sign of potential inclusion for Friday night as they wouldn't want him playing Friday night off a 5-day break

Considering we have a VFL bye the following week, unless something is actually wrong, I'm not sure he'd be having a couple of weeks off
Makes perfect sense. Pretty strong signaling. Might motivate Stanley to completely own Gawn this week to force them not to manage him!! Otherwise Toby back in for Port Adelaide which right now is a pretty good match up for him.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they then bring Stanley back in against Witts in Darwin rather than have Toby do a 6 day turnaround (he can play vfl 8 days after Port game)

Be interesting to see if they play Neale in VFL or not. given it is after AFL so no need to hold back…will be another signal as to whether Hawk is getting a rest or not? My bet is that Hawk doesn’t go to Darwin so Neale plays vfl this week and afl week after?

He is 100% playing VS Port at home imo and possibly the week after as well

Sinnott fairly stiff to get dropped. Edit: ok they have named MoC, he might get back in.

I noticed that

So would suggest Parfitt is all but certain to return against Port

Though I still think Merrick will be rested from the VFL and not actually play

I noticed that

So would suggest Parfitt is all but certain to return against Port

Though I still think Merrick will be rested from the VFL and not actually play
Ok. so just when I think I now understand all the terms and lose my scepticism about being mislead they go and “manage” MOC into the VFL team! If he plays it is a bit of a mockery of the “managed” title…if he doesn’t play why name him at all?

If it was going to be limited time in VFL he could just be sub in AFL?

He would be locked in for friday night as would parfitt and oconnor if they dont play on sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see if any of the midfielders don't play (or only play a part of the game) because of the 5 day break to next AFL game, because of the injury doubt over Bruhn.

Parfitt is already being rested and i expect they will pull oconnor out.

Mannagh gets the first

Good work and is a classy player.

Early hand up for next week.

GO Catters

Neale team first and kicks to the 23rd man

And its a goal to Tanner Lewis!

Good movment COS and BEWS too.

Go Catters

Mullen just played that perfectly.

2 bounces on the run and created himself the space and time to then hit Riccardi in the square.

He will make it.

GO Catters

Bradtke lucky then but read it best and anther one.

hes got 7 this season.

GO Catters

Great ball movement from CHB

Had Neale open too.

Riccardi misses

31 - 3

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back