VFL Game Day VFL Round 6: Essendon vs Casey, Windy Hill, Saturday 11/05/19, 2 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

This game didn’t tell us much. Langford and Ridley classier than most. Clarke won’t make it and Begley was a little disappointing but still getting match fitness.

Lack of forwards/talls clearly reason we got done, I mean Hartley in the ruck!

Ever heard of context?
Ever heard of a trend? Make all the excuses you want, but our VFL side has shown to be flat track bullies time and again.

Ever heard of a trend? Make all the excuses you want, but our VFL side has shown to be flat track bullies time and again.

Trends don’t really apply to VFL there would be the better part of a thirty player turn over since 2015 and it didn’t even apply in 2017. It’s a one and a half year trend on the back of eight significant injuries.

If you don't understand context a simple no would've sufficed.

Trends don’t really apply to VFL there would be the better part of a thirty player turn over since 2015 and it didn’t even apply in 2017. It’s a one and a half year trend on the back of eight significant injuries.
Nah it does. Essendon AFL have been the same mediocre being for 15 years, and would have a much higher turnover than that. It is a trend and we've been shown to be flat track bullies for 4 and a half years now.
If you don't understand context a simple no would've sufficed.
Oh no I understand the "context" but until they prove otherwise, Essendon's VFL side are flat track bullies. It's black and white.

Oh no I understand the "context" but until they prove otherwise, Essendon's VFL side are flat track bullies. It's black and white.
You clearly don't.

Actually mate we’re black and red. We’re not Collingwood.

Nah it does. Essendon AFL have been the same mediocre being for 15 years, and would have a much higher turnover than that. It is a trend and we've been shown to be flat track bullies for 4 and a half years now.

We’ve been consistently making finals and progressing deep, the results don’t really align with the flat track bullies assertion.

Difficult to always take VFL at face value as well, so much of it is predicated by availability and injury that sometimes you can go into a game and be heavy underdogs despite being the higher placed side.

You clearly don't.
Yes I do, but I'm ignoring it and looking at the wider trend, which has happened when we're fit, not fit and everything in between
We’ve been consistently making finals and progressing deep, the results don’t really align with the flat track bullies assertion.

Difficult to always take VFL at face value as well, so much of it is predicated by availability and injury that sometimes you can go into a game and be heavy underdogs despite being the higher placed side.
We've made finals due to beating up on weak sides.

We had more AFL listed players than Casey (12 to their 9) and I would say that Chandler, Bedford, Jordan and to a lesser extent Sparrow aren't there yet in terms of being consistent VFL contributors. So of their AFL listed players they're relying on big games from Preuss, Smith, Baker (who isn't consistent yet either), Wagner and Petty to be very good, and they were yesterday. By comparison I really only expect Mosquito and Gown to not be VFL level of our AFL listed players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I do, but I'm ignoring it and looking at the wider trend, which has happened when we're fit, not fit and everything in between

We've made finals due to beating up on weak sides.

We had more AFL listed players than Casey (12 to their 9) and I would say that Chandler, Bedford, Jordan and to a lesser extent Sparrow aren't there yet in terms of being consistent VFL contributors. So of their AFL listed players they're relying on big games from Preuss, Smith, Baker (who isn't consistent yet either), Wagner and Petty to be very good, and they were yesterday. By comparison I really only expect Mosquito and Gown to not be VFL level of our AFL listed players

If you showed me both sides going into the game I would have said we were slight underdogs, then Sibbald goes down, then Lazzaro goes down.

For me it’s just not a surprising result

If you showed me both sides going into the game I would have said we were slight underdogs, then Sibbald goes down, then Lazzaro goes down.

For me it’s just not a surprising result
I would have disagreed, and the bookies did as well (Essendon were $1.65 to Casey's $2.80 or so). It's not a surprising result, but the point remains that we have a history of being flat track bullies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back