VFL Game Day VFL Round 8: Richmond vs Essendon (23 point win; 67-44)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond and Essendon meet for the first time this season in a match vital for the bombers to win going into the rest of the season. Richmond currently sit 2 games outside the top 8, one place below the Bombers. Essendon currently sit one game outside of the top 8 but remarkably a big enough win will propel them up into the top 4 at the end of the round, with this being the only game of the round.

Richmond are coming off a bye, but the week before they had a big win against the hapless North Ballarat Roosters by 79 points in a percentage boosting win. Jacob Townsend starred with 27 disposals and a whopping 17 tackles whilst Liam McBean and Andrew Moore kicked 4 goals apiece in the convincing win.

Essendon are coming off a bit of poor form right now, having lost to Footscray last round by 19 points last week. Will Hams was close to best afield for the bombers, collecting the ball 35 times, 21 of them handballs whilst talented forward Shaun Edwards lit it up, collecting the ball 30 times alongside kicking 3 important goals for Essendon.

Possible Essendon side:

Ashby - Freezer - Heppell
Ambrose - Francis - McNeice
Redman - Schroder - McKenna
Polkinghorne - McKernan - Heavyside
Kommer - Grimley - Thompson
Jamar - Hams - Schroder
Eades - Dornauf - Dobson - Peart - Laguda*

*23rd man

Would like to see Heppell move into a midfield role with Cogs away with the VFL state team.

The Richmond team have a number of very good VFL players. Will be a heavily inside reliant game propelled from behind the ball to feed the tall and athletic Liam McBean who leads all comers for both sides this season with 15.

Hoping Jordan Schroder can back up last weeks effort and Will Hams can keep on keeping on which could set us up for a handy win.

not that I live in Melbourne but this would be great double header... travel down to punt road in the arvo, wander over to the G on completion.

not that I live in Melbourne but this would be great double header... travel down to punt road in the arvo, wander over to the G on completion.
Canberra to Melbourne? Reverse Long Walk?

I think if you show your membership it gets you in for free. Pretty sure they swing the gates open about 1/2 time. I'll be getting along to see Francis, Rodman and eades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if you show your membership it gets you in for free. Pretty sure they swing the gates open about 1/2 time. I'll be getting along to see Francis, Rodman and eades

tumblr_lpzaw45ztW1qz4ak4o1_500-500x325.jpg

latest

Ham goal, then Eades kicks truly with a snapper.

26-12

Only match of the round and it isn't streamed or on TV, what a load of s**t.

Ever since 7 brought the rights to the VFL there is no streaming unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back