Autopsy vs * - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward entries still dogshit. I can't recall such consistently bad ball use inside 50 under Brad and Laids.

We have poor decision makers, poor users and the reason they don't take those kicks is bacuase they haven’t got the confidence they can hit the target.
Yeah, a few ugly games under pressure do crazy things to confidence in sport. If you have a few bad days you end up overthinking things and a rut like that is hard to get out of.

A mental reset is in order, however they can manage to achieve that

Last year we got flogged in round 1. Larkey was an emergency. The next week we picked Tom Campbell to play key forward, which at the time left me bewildered. A few weeks later Campbell was gone and lo and behold Larkey took his overdue chance.
How we could be so dumb to make the same mistake again is beyond all belief. Even worse, we picked him in the wet!!!
There are at least five guys we could have played instead of Campbell.
Why did we even keep Hosie if we think Campbell offers more as a forward.
This club is in disarray and it's killing me.
I see very little hope.

He only played a half but the temptation would have to be there to bring him in.

Can’t see them doing that. Maj is available for the forward line, still have McKay and Duedin for defence. Considering the Tigers only have 2 tall forwards, would think Maj in for Campbell is not only obvious but criminal is it doesn’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That was a pretty poor game from both teams, the conditions played a large part.

Simpkin and Goldstein are once again our two best. Simpkin is having a breakout year, Goldstein is playing as well as he ever has.

McDonald's has found a new role, he has been very good for the last few weeks.

Tarrant and Walker have been very good in defence.

Campbell is not the answer. I hope I don't see him in Royal Blue and White again.

Polec, Higgins and Brown are probably in their worst form for the club, at a time we need them most.

At least Melbourne are still in the bottom four. :)

Forward entries still dogshit. I can't recall such consistently bad ball use inside 50 under Brad and Laids.
Dogshit entries and non competitive forwards.

Tom Campbell is up there for one of the worst games in a North jumper for a long time.

Brought in to bring the ball to ground and kept getting outmarked and in the way of fellow forwards.

Seems like a really nice bloke, but nice blokes don’t win you games of footy.

People keep talking about draft picks....how is that going to work??? Nobody is playing. Pick 1-40 is probably going to be a lotto.

I would agree with you if we were picking in our normal dead range.

We are going to be picking up the pointy end and it rarely changes a whole lot from 17s to 18s

Sorry dude I do really respect you but Mahoney has done nothing of note. Same with Scott tonight. Do agree though that Hayden was harshly dealt with.
Hey * I’m honoured someone respects me 😂.

Im not looking at tonight for tonight but liked what I see when I imagine half the s**t trucks are delisted and those boys are surrounded by AFL quality footballers .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the most insipid North loses to * for a long time. Just no fight or shinboner spirit.

Positives.
Simpkin, Goldstein, Dumont and McDonald.
Another game into Mahoney, Scott, Thomas and Taylor.
Josh Walker has been a great pickup.

Negatives.
1. Campbell. Good guy. Not a good footballer.
2. Hall. 23 touches but everytime we need to hit a target forward of centre, he just can't.
3. Brown. Just so out of form. That last dropped mark with no one around him summed up his season. Would trade for a first rounder to end up with 3 first round picks.
4. No plan B. Why didn't he throw Tarrant or Walker forward when we need the game to be won? or even Brown in the ruck and Goldy up forward?
5. Why is Marley Williams in the side? Can't hit a target to save his life.
6. Ahern has lost all his spark.
7. I know Hayden is young but would you want to carry him into a big final with his backline kicking? Has a go but doesn't know his limitations.
8. Thomas. I feel like he will be a 10-12 player for most of his career. Needs to develop his tank.
9. Atley, McMillian and Pittard. Have a go but would they get a go at any other club?
10. fu** the *
Glad someone mentioned TT. Other than just getting games into him he isn't doing enough to earn his spot. Hayden I like, he has no trouble getting his hands on it and will keep getting better with each game. On the whole our side lacks pace which has been a problem it seems for years.

I would have been fine with losing tonight if the Demons had of lost, but yep we’ve had a mare today.

The positives from today were...

I liked what Simpkin and Goldstein brought to the table as per usual. Zurhaar looked really good out there tonight. I thought Luke McDonald was fantastic but just needs to clean up his disposal in which he could become a great midfielder/tagger. I thought Mahony had a great presence around the ground with smart handball chains. Josh Walker held up the defence well with Tarrant.

On to the negative performances...

Pittard was woeful in defence once again. Williams has a fair few brain fades. I would put Polec on the fence a bit but a couple of s**t short kicks gifted * goals. Campbell just doesn’t have it. Atley and Macmillan unfortunately just don’t fit in this side anymore. Kyron Hayden had a few bad turnovers but he’s young, give him time.

Overall...

We are in an official rebuild phase imo. Nothing Rhyce says can dispute that. Yes we are a bottom four team this year (no exaggeration). As long as we are patient, we, as a club, will get through this and hopefully develop some good young talent for future success. Go Roos!

Genuinely concerned for our season at this point. If we think we can just bring Larkey/Daw/Cunners etc back and and she'll be right we're fooling ourselves. With absolutely no VFL and only scratch matches getting up to AFL level is an enormous challenge and when you've got others around you struggling its even harder.

Sitting third bottom, we need to start looking at 2021. We need to start bringing in the next group and focusing on what the next few years look like. We need to get something out of these games and playing complete spuds like Hall/Campbell/Macmillan (who i am sure are absolutely lovely people) just isnt helping this club.

time for Rhyce to stamp his mark on this team in transition.

What we expect is (i) better selection - it has been horrible the last 4 weeks - and (2) - a better system - any system - of ball movement.

That's not to much to expect is it?

The cupboard is pretty bare and Hosie is probably the only unknown quantity still available.

How do you want us to move the ball? We have a dearth of footskills and pace, with a half dozen mature players that are prone to their brain switching off and their foot spasming as they kick.

Our list is in seriously bad shape mate, even before accounting for our injuries. Just because we sometimes play out of our skin and everything clicks together doesn't mean that games like Round 2 vs GWS should be expected to be the norm no matter how much we wish it were.

Hey fu** I’m honoured someone respects me 😂.

Im not looking at tonight for tonight but liked what I see when I imagine half the sh*t trucks are delisted and those boys are surrounded by AFL quality footballers .
I can see Mahony has footy smarts but he is just too slow.

Saad not damaging - what game were you watching - or are you in the North coaches box?

FFS they set up every attack from half back - you actually then say ...they got easy exits out of 50!

They killed us out of their defence - that is why they won the game!

Mate if anything it was ******* Brayden Ham of all people that was smashing us off half back

Also....

The whole rivalry thing looks stupid on our end when it’s mainly talked about from our side and then we go on to have sh*t performance.

Yeah starting to further enhance the whole “irrelevant” thread when the other team don’t just not care but are not shy to tell others.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back