State Focus WA 2019 - Western Australia's junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 2km time trials were pretty impressive. Putting the top performers into the same group would no doubt lift their overall abilities as well

Like who mate?...which colts boys got better results in Feb?....

Standing VJ

Rohan Scurria – 74cm
Nazifi Muhammad Noh – 73cm
Jordan Berry – 72cm
Kellen Johnson – 71cm
Spencer Trevor – 71cm

Right Running VJ
Rohan Scurria – 92cm
Jordan Berry – 87cm
Logan Foley – 84cm
Tommy Taylor-Shreeve – 81cm
Zak Patterson – 81cm

Left Running VJ
Spencer Trevor – 97cm
Tommy Taylor-Shreeve – 88cm
Jordan Berry – 86cm
Logan Foley – 86cm
Kellen Johnson – 86cm

20m Sprint
Ben Johnson – 2.82
Nazifi Mahhammad Noh 2.83
Lachlan Rewell – 2.93
Jordan Berry – 2.93
Henry Ryan – 2.94

Agility
Lachlan Rewell – 7.87
Ben Johnson – 8.00
Jack Lawson 8.02
Lachlan Scurria – 8.07
Zak Patterson 8.14

Yo-Yo
Rohan Scurria – 21.7
Heath Chapman – 21.7
Griffen Pope – 21.7
Koopah Todd – 21.5
Brady Alvaro – 21.5
Lachlan Rewell – 21.5

A number of these boys are bottom agers as well and this is from only one club.

Last edited:

Standing VJ

Rohan Scurria – 74cm
Jordan Berry – 72cm
Kellen Johnson – 71cm
Spencer Trevor – 71cm

Right Running VJ
Rohan Scurria – 92cm
Jordan Berry – 87cm
Logan Foley – 84cm
Zak Patterson – 81cm

Left Running VJ
Spencer Trevor – 97cm
Jordan Berry – 86cm
Logan Foley – 86cm
Kellen Johnson – 86cm

20m Sprint
Ben Johnson – 2.82
Lachlan Rewell – 2.93
Jordan Berry – 2.93
Henry Ryan – 2.94

Agility
Lachlan Rewell – 7.87
Ben Johnson – 8.00
Jack Lawson 8.02
Lachlan Scurria – 8.07
Zak Patterson 8.14

Yo-Yo
Rohan Scurria – 21.7
Heath Chapman – 21.7
Griffen Pope – 21.7
Koopah Todd – 21.5
Brady Alvaro – 21.5
Lachlan Rewell – 21.5

East perth roughly the same mate

Looks like WP will 2020 colts premiers then....that's if the club isn't disbanded before then

Most clubs would be the same, there is very little between them, a couple of standouts and then the mob.

All this testing doesn't mean a lot IMO, i know quite a few of those players and some don't have great footy smarts or good kicks etc, not saying they are bad players but hopefully they are not drafted on athletic ability as in the long run it doesn't work.

The guy likely to go number 1 in this years draft hardly scored a place in any of the combine testing yet he is by far the favourite.

Standing VJ

Rohan Scurria – 74cm
Jordan Berry – 72cm
Kellen Johnson – 71cm
Spencer Trevor – 71cm

Right Running VJ
Rohan Scurria – 92cm
Jordan Berry – 87cm
Logan Foley – 84cm
Zak Patterson – 81cm

Left Running VJ
Spencer Trevor – 97cm
Jordan Berry – 86cm
Logan Foley – 86cm
Kellen Johnson – 86cm

20m Sprint
Ben Johnson – 2.82
Lachlan Rewell – 2.93
Jordan Berry – 2.93
Henry Ryan – 2.94

Agility
Lachlan Rewell – 7.87
Ben Johnson – 8.00
Jack Lawson 8.02
Lachlan Scurria – 8.07
Zak Patterson 8.14

Yo-Yo
Rohan Scurria – 21.7
Heath Chapman – 21.7
Griffen Pope – 21.7
Koopah Todd – 21.5
Brady Alvaro – 21.5
Lachlan Rewell – 21.5

Athletic attributes are great to have in your arsenal but without footy smarts and skills they don't mean much. Clubs are starting to lean more towards footballers these days, they went overboard awhile ago just looking at athletic attributes. However, pace endurance and strength on aomeone who has good skills and smarts can separate them from the pack.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The guy likely to go number 1 in this years draft hardly scored a place in any of the combine testing yet he is by far the favourite.

Not sure who you are talking about but Matt Rowell(?) is a Collingwood 6 footer, which means he is about 5'10" as well. (178cm).

Some players who have footy smarts just get to where the ball is quicker despite far slower in pace or beep tests or yo yo tests or whatever.

Athletic attributes are great to have in your arsenal but without footy smarts and skills they don't mean much. Clubs are starting to lean more towards footballers these days, they went overboard awhile ago just looking at athletic attributes. However, pace endurance and strength on aomeone who has good skills and smarts can separate them from the pack.

Totally agree. I was just pointing out that a number of WA Colts players performed just as well as the apparent best in the Country. Expect to see some of those names in 2020.

West Perth will do well next at Colts next year. I think its typically out of character but they introduced a big number of bottom agers this season and came third overall.

Yes Matt Rowell. I dont think I saw his name in many / any of the top 10 results?

I wouldnt have a clue, but he is not big and in the days of big bodied inside midfielders which apparently he is, it seems an odd choice by many for number 1, i haven't seen him play, but he must be good.

Gives hope to under 6 footers as well.

I wouldnt have a clue, but he is not big and in the days of big bodied inside midfielders which apparently he is, it seems an odd choice by many for number 1, i haven't seen him play, but he must be good.

Personally I don't think Rowell has much upside and Robertson and Garcia have towelled up Rowell and Anderson not once but twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh good Arm Chair expert, who hasn’t seen some one play but is bagging them!

Show us you top 10 or STFU

Oh good Arm Chair expert, who hasn’t seen some one play but is bagging them!

Show us you top 10 or STFU

Yeah I don't know how some who comment so much on the juniors yet somehow remain ignorant of a player who's been in the national spotlight through at least 10 televised games in the past two years. Guess it goes to show how insular this thread is and to take player assessments with a grain of salt as it is not in the context of a comparison.

Yeah I don't know how some who comment so much on the juniors yet somehow remain ignorant of a player who's been in the national spotlight through at least 10 televised games in the past two years. Guess it goes to show how insular this thread is and to take player assessments with a grain of salt as it is not in the context of a comparison.

I do personally think he has concerns which are viable. Rowell is a below averaged size midfielder that is not super quick. While his Champion data results may be through the roof, he does have upside concerns at AFL level.

Still with pick 1, it is often about taking the person with the lowest floor. Rowell I struggle to see failing at AFL level, but I also would not be shocked to see him ranked around 10th long term for his draft year. I am certainly not in the best midfielder we have seen in decades that AFL trade radio are preaching.

Sounds like you are still upset about being proven wrong about the VFL/AFL and the history of the finals series, don't sweat it big fella we are all wrong sometimes.

This is a comment driven board and FWIW he is a 5'10" inside midfielder, for all i know he may be the next Sam Mitchell but in the era of big bodied inside midfielders he is starting behind the curve.

I do personally think he has concerns which are viable. Rowell is a below averaged size midfielder that is not super quick. While his Champion data results may be through the roof, he does have upside concerns at AFL level.

Still with pick 1, it is often about taking the person with the lowest floor. Rowell I struggle to see failing at AFL level, but I also would not be shocked to see him ranked around 10th long term for his draft year. I am certainly not in the best midfielder we have seen in decades that AFL trade radio are preaching.

I was watching junior tennis today at Cottesloe, the National juniors, and in the 14 and under boys there was a kid winning his game pretty easy, he was what you you would call in footy terms a manchild, looked physically developed like a 16 year old boy or even older but was not particularly tall, i saw his dad and if i would hazard a guess he wasn't going to get much taller, the boy he was playing was taller but not at all physically developed but at a guess would get much taller and stronger. Give it a couple of years and i reckon the match result would be reversed.

Whether that is Rowell or not only time will tell.

First look at possible WA 2020 18's squad. Very surprised by the number of bottom agers that got selected. There will be a few boys very disappointed.

Claremont: [3]

Kalin Lane
Jacob Van Rooyen
Joel Western

East Fremantle: [6]

Richard Bartlett
Jack Carfoll
Owan Dann
Finn Gorringe
Judd McVee
Brandon Walker

East Perth: [2]

Kade Dittmar
Jack Hindle

Peel Thunder: [3]

Tyler Nesbitt
Luke Polson
Isiah Winder

Perth: [2]

Logan McDonald
Nathan O’Driscoll

South Fremantle: [3]

Mitchell Brown
Ira Jetta
Shannon Neale

Subiaco: [2]

Matthew Johnson
Blake Morris

Swan Districts: [5]

Rhett Bazzo
Max Chipper
Denver Grainger-Barras
Ty Sears
Zane Trew

West Perth: [2]

Heath Chapman
Kellen Johnson

First look at possible WA 2020 18's squad. Very surprised by the number of bottom agers that got selected. There will be a few boys very disappointed.

Kalin Lane
Jacob Van Rooyen
Joel Western

Richard Bartlett
Jack Carfoll
Owan Dann
Finn Gorringe
Judd McVee
Brandon Walker

Kade Dittmar
Jack Hindle

Peel Thunder: [3]

Tyler Nesbitt
Luke Polson
Isiah Winder

Perth: [2]

Logan McDonald
Nathan O’Driscoll

South Fremantle: [3]

Mitchell Brown
Ira Jetta
Shannon Neale

Subiaco: [2]

Matthew Johnson
Blake Morris

Swan Districts: [5]

Rhett Bazzo
Max Chipper
Denver Grainger-Barras
Ty Sears
Zane Trew

West Perth: [2]

Heath Chapman
Kellen Johnson

I think most of the bottom ages are all born early 2003. They didn’t take many born late 2003 Except for bazzo and chipper.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kalin Lane
Jacob Van Rooyen
Joel Western

Richard Bartlett
Jack Carfoll
Owan Dann
Finn Gorringe
Judd McVee
Brandon Walker