Bumped We don't play footy to lose - autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Today's win means everything. Losing 20 in a row was disgraceful but to end it today shows we can actually compete without our best players out there.

It means that they can actually achieve something that is better than losing by 5 goals when the momentum swings and we sit here talking about another 'honourable loss' or whatever.

* that. You should be proud bro. Our kids showed something special today and Larkey kicked 9.
Not going to comment anymore. Our club being successful means more to me than most and I have the membership of my entire family for a long time to back that up. I don't think that today's win helps us in any way at all. You can disagree. Time will tell.

Not going to comment anymore. Our club being successful means more to me than most and I have the membership of my entire family for a long time to back that up. I don't think that today's win helps us in any way at all. You can disagree. Time will tell.
I can totally appreciate where you’re coming from. I get it, I really do.
But seeing my 3 young daughters faces so happy and proud after 20 weeks of tears and anger, I’ll always prefer wins.
I get that it may cost us Reid, but before the bulldogs s**t the bed last week I never expected we’d have pick 1 anyway.

I look at this way we had pick 1 got JHF he left , then we were so spooked we gave the next away and got Sheezel and Wardlaw. We will still get a good player or two in the draft. Still think Eagles might get Curtain at 1 anyway
We weren‘t spooked we were very clever.

I was all for Reid. Then Rowell slammed JY and we flew a flag for once. From there I wanted i blood. Eddie Ford is now 1-21. It means a lot more to him than playing with Harley (which he still might btw).
Most these blokes play for themselves mate. There have been dirty hits all year and not one player has stood tall. I have sat with you through many games and witnessed countless insipid efforts. Why bring it to the table now? Personal gain? Who knows. It has been a pathetic year and we no longer reap the full rewards

Thats the only positive, but they will still bash us if we get draft assistance.

Let them bash

Let every other club cry and squeal like stuck pigs.

The more the outrage the more delicious it is.

I can totally appreciate where you’re coming from. I get it, I really do.
But seeing my 3 young daughters faces so happy and proud after 20 weeks of tears and anger, I’ll always prefer wins.
I get that it may cost us Reid, but before the bulldogs s**t the bed last week I never expected we’d have pick 1 anyway.

I have kids to mate, I could only drag one to watch with me today. Wins are great and I am wrapped for your kids, let's hope when they understand what it is all about we are sitting higher.

Most these blokes play for themselves mate. There have been dirty hits all year and not one player has stood tall. I have sat with you through many games and witnessed countless insipid efforts. Why bring it to the table now? Personal gain? Who knows. It has been a pathetic year and we no longer reap the full rewards
Oh I know you are 100% right. hopefully we still get Reid. Hopefully we still get a priority pick. Would have been nice if they win in Melb for a change. I think it’s 4 wins in Melb in 4 seasons and 1 was in lockdown against the saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for Eddie, he hasn't played in a win.

And we go into next season with a positive result and the knowledge that we can play attractive, attacking football and put up a big score.

Hard not to be happy with that.
Can't underestimate how positive this single win will be for our off season. Avoiding the spoon and finishing on a high note should give the boys a bounce in their step coming back to the club after a break. First full preseason with Clarko, 2-3 top 10 picks and a full preseason for the likes of George and Wardlaw will have the place buzzing in a few months time.

The difference today was our skills.

Handballs and kicks to advantage all day with the boys running in waves, no wonder Larkey kicked a bag he was getting it on a platter.

If we don’t end up Harley and get Curtin and McKercher instead then I’m cool with that, as they will compliment todays game style perfectly.

Great win boys and to sing the song is what supporting this club is all about, loved it!!
People need to get a bit serious. As much as everyone loves a win, that Gold Coast side was pathetic and couldn’t be ****ed half the time.

Happy for people to enjoy the win, but don’t pretend that Gold Coast didn’t play a big part in that result.

Last edited:
Great win boys. Don't worry about the draft order - my mob have had heaps of #1s and they've gotten us nowhere.

Avoid the spoon, get a win for the young lads and sing the song, you all deserve a great night round the club.
Yea it’s a it of a poisoned chalice.. only 3 number 1 picks have won premierships or something like that .

Mixed feelings , now watching raynor killing it against saints, having said that i would take ldu in a redraft no prob, but after losing the raynor cup brisbane shot into contention, for us was the beginning of a sustained crap period.

I sure as hell hope history dont repeat this time. And we have to go for curtain now.
Wouldn't call Rayner's day, "killing it".

People need to get a bit serious. As much as everyone loves a win, that Gold Coast side was pathetic and couldn’t be ****ed half the time.

Happy for people to enjoy the win, but don’t pretend that Gold Coast played a big part in that result.
Exactly. Rowell & Flanders had a dip for the Gold C*nts, the rest of them phoned it in.

No but the AFL are right up their arses and own those bitches. Watch Sanders disappear, watch Reid disappear, watch us lose our FB for 4 fifths of * all return. We had ONE ******* JOB TODAY. Larkey kicks 9 and we lose. Im gutted
We get it, you’re not happy, but quite frankly no one gives a s**t about your feelings. We get pick 2 atm, which will possibly be back to pick 1 tomorrow afternoon after WC put crom away. Larkey was Pick 73, the glory hole doesn’t close up after pick 1!

This is where it annoys me. As if you and your family are more important or more committed than hundreds of others equally committed and equally financial. You have your view. I have mine. Others have theirs. It doesn’t matter. They are just our views on how to take North forward. We agree on the destination but we disagree on the method. All good. Play on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back