We need a rebrand

Remove this Banner Ad

Less dark? Why?

We never did anything better then these promoshots:
m6ieuhx8.jpg

Am now very comfortable with the 'Dockers' brand - but only after so long have grown used to it.

Always frustrated me they didn't go down either the Pirates (Skull + Crossbones flags, etc etc) or the Vikings (I mean, hats with horns, what more could you want?) as both have a nautical and aggressive feel.

If I recall correctly another AFL club based in WA registered the Pirates name to sabotage us before we were even born.

It must be the off season...in a sleepless night battling bronchitis my puny brain came up with this:

Freo chant
Our club is proud and our roar is loud
FRE-OO, FRE-OO

Our purple pride spreads far and wide
FRE-OO, FRE-OO

Our anchor’s west but we’ll never rest
Till we’re the best of all

With our passion supreme
We are the mighty team
Of FRE-MAN-TLE!

FRE-OOO!!

FWIW all possible names were just generic marketing terms ala Giants/Suns with no real tangible connection to place. Power is a classic example.

Fremantle Courage
Fremantle Dockers
Fremantle Hammers
Fremantle Mariners
Fremantle Stokers
Fremantle Union

634691.1.jpg

634680.1.jpg

Funnily enough a lot of names people like for Freo were registered to Port Adelaide: Sharks, Pirates (and Mariners).

Always crack up just how useless and unwieldy that Freo hammer would be, if we had been the Hammers I reckon we'd have had the chevrons by June 1995.

Always crack up just how useless and unwieldy that Freo hammer would be, if we had been the Hammers I reckon we'd have had the chevrons by June 1995.
fremantle-1.jpg

fremantle-3.jpg

fremantle-4.jpg

fremantle-5.jpg

Some of these definitely look a bit Melbourne Cup/Ringmaster but that OG version of the chevrons is cool. They probably didn't like it because it was a bit Bears-looking/too traditional but a wide vee like that would have been a heaps better option.

FWIW all possible names were just generic marketing terms ala Giants/Suns with no real tangible connection to place. Power is a classic example.

Fremantle Courage
Fremantle Dockers
Fremantle Hammers
Fremantle Mariners
Fremantle Stokers
Fremantle Union

634691.1.jpg

634680.1.jpg

Funnily enough a lot of names people like for Freo were registered to Port Adelaide: Sharks, Pirates (and Mariners).
port adelaide seamen.png

77889_c345061166a9fe79142e200f7905f5bf.png

[Time] ago we asked

487175_8d0dafe290afa991d13c452da19101b1.png

Poll will run for 3 days

Winner picks next team from this list and gets their name on the honour roll
As for teams with more than 1 nickname next to them, The team will still be used until all nicknames have been done

eg. If you choose Gold Coast, it must be followed by one of the available nicknames.
List of teams
Now with links to past polls!

Former
Mergers
Proposed
VFL Expansion
NEW ADDITIONS
Click Here for details on the teams listed

Entry 1 _Damo_
39876328120_531e5e919a_b.jpg

Entry 2 KBLT
488087_1535c4721bcda07f1904027ee552caa2.png

Entry 3 just_kick_it
488913_8f6df71b12e5e4c313b4c4b047ad8d17.png

Entry 4 Mac Ropod
488925_0e934ad2147180e20a429026ee8e8304.jpg

Entry 5 Cainozz
FREMANTLE-MARINERS-WHAT-IF-WEDNESDAYS-copy.jpg

Entry 6 just_kick_it
491749_3dee26b5eb16a9e5f79a33337a7644a5.png
I quite like the way everything is at the moment but these "what if" concept designs make me wish a little bit we were the mariners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be the sharks, most fearsome creature on earth, freo history and endemic to Wa. Should have the volga boatman version of the song, that’s an awesome original to base something on.
The Red Russian Army's version of the Volga Boatman makes the hair on the back of my neck stand, it's awesome.

First post hi. Don't need a rebrand but the club could be more creative with it's Guernsey designs - Gold Chevron's for Spotlight Guernsey (purple and gold go well), Purple haze with the anchor back - See a nice bump in merch sales at least. But Rosich is an accountant with an aspirational class outlook.

I reckon the logo, chevrons, and purple are all great.
I don't know a single footy fan who calls us anything other than Freo, so the nickname isn't really a big deal, but I'm happy enough with the Dockers, Mariners feels too American for me. I'm surprised we don't unofficially get called the wharfies more often though

I reckon the logo, chevrons, and purple are all great.
I don't know a single footy fan who calls us anything other than Freo, so the nickname isn't really a big deal, but I'm happy enough with the Dockers, Mariners feels too American for me. I'm surprised we don't unofficially get called the wharfies more often though

Why don't we just change it to Freo Thunder and go with AC/DC as our official theme.

Still prefer the Purple haze jumper.

Fremantle Courage
Fremantle Dockers
Fremantle Hammers
Fremantle Mariners
Fremantle Stokers
Fremantle Union

634691.1.jpg

634680.1.jpg

We’re those really the other options?

Absolutely diabolical.

Why don't we just change it to Freo Thunder and go with AC/DC as our official theme.

Still prefer the Purple haze jumper.
Not a big deal to a certain, limited extent :rolleyes:
Why settle with something as sensible as the Thunder? Why don't we go all out and re-brand as the Freo Lyons?

We definitely need a stronger brand. Our brand health in the wider Australian community is very poor imo. The wider footy community just view us as a joke version of Port, i.e. feral bogans.

The other club in WA just winning the premiership won’t help us improve either. We need an expert brand builder of the highest order. A massive job indeed.

My 2 cents as a dirty eagle and design fan :):

Your logo is superb, it combines a monogram feel with the anchor and it's up there with Carlton and Melbourne's beautifully effective logos. The purple is unique and should definitely be the dominant colour of your home jumper at least; don't muddy it with red and green. The chevrons are fine, don't change them so soon after your last rebrand. The away jumper is where you could really play with designs: the white inverse is kind of boring to me. Have a red or green jumper (or both!), use the anchor more, mix it up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back