Autopsy We pissed it in v the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Our pressure was competing against errors

would have a poor entry or a poor shot then just get it back again, midfield just recorrecting over and over

Just built on workrate

and we have an absolute elite mid in Gulden like top of the tree elite

Loved the fact that whilst the result was amazing it wasn't perfect. There was plenty there to work on.
Numerous times we spoiled teammates, poor shot conversion especially in the first, centre clearances we got pumped.

Despite that we absolutely demolished the pies, should've been 50 point win at least!
Warner and Heeney got the stats but Rowbottom really got the ball rolling and wrestled their early momentum back after their 3 early goals. Gulden was elite by foot as expected, Roberts back to back good showings. He looks a really calm head even in congestion, could make a great long term Lloyd replacement.

No surprise to hear Richo bring up the Academy during the game. You can't just celebrate a team playing well? When was the last time father son was brought up during a Collingwood win? Or go home factor during a Geelong win? Or two faced baloney like Tom Lynch going from the worst team in the comp at the time to the Premiers without a trade ban?

This is going against the grain admittedly

Last year we won games early and it was premiership talk then things went a bit askew. I did not expect to win both games early this season but I'm staying grounded as at three quarter time last week I was wondering which way it would go and we've seen slow starts from premiers before with the later start to pre season.

I want to let myself get carried away but will reserve that just a tad even though I'm loving this start.

Special mention to Melican and Fox at opposing ends two maligned players but contributing significantly so far this yeat and couldn't be happier for them. Plenty of upside still with both as well.

Heeney the ultimate star for a quarter in the past has put together two complete games and must be leading the brownlow no doubt in my mind. That's getting well ahead of myself but looks great and super fit. Even his face shows his lean fitness.

Not sure on this but Hayward being quiet might have been a negative role against Moore. Might be wrong on that but if not that's a great under the radar moment.

Cunningham also gets a mention for continuing solid form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still working this one out…

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing but every intercept seemed to lead to him being tackled but able to get the dish off and his pants came down nearly every time exposing his Reg Grundy's.

I've had bourbon

This is going against the grain admittedly

Last year we won games early and it was premiership talk then things went a bit askew. I did not expect to win both games early this season but I'm staying grounded as at three quarter time last week I was wondering which way it would go and we've seen slow starts from premiers before with the later start to pre season.

I want to let myself get carried away but will reserve that just a tad even though I'm loving this start.

Special mention to Melican and Fox at opposing ends two maligned players but contributing significantly so far this yeat and couldn't be happier for them. Plenty of upside still with both as well.

Heeney the ultimate star for a quarter in the past has put together two complete games and must be leading the brownlow no doubt in my mind. That's getting well ahead of myself but looks great and super fit. Even his face shows his lean fitness.

Not sure on this but Hayward being quiet might have been a negative role against Moore. Might be wrong on that but if not that's a great under the radar moment.

Cunningham also gets a mention for continuing solid form
If you get carried away with what we all know…are you even a bloods supporter!!!! We are all optimistic pessimists.

lunder pressure-McInerny is a great one with the ball when the heat is on, very cool head.

Gulden kicking was on point and set up plenty

Forwards all got a lick

Heeney immense again

We left a bunch of goals out there as well.

Blakey quite this week but others step up

Good signs early for us.

blakey still did a bit, still covered a lot of ground with his laser kicking
but yes, others stepped up, very much so
florent looked so composed under pressure, roberts too ... and roberts is fearless
and i posted elsewhere ... mcinerney is so tough for someone not really built to be that tough ... and he runs

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing but every intercept seemed to lead to him being tackled but able to get the dish off and his pants came down nearly every time exposing his Reg Grundy's.

I've had bourbon
Ok…the penny now has dropped!

If you get carried away with what we all know…are you even a bloods supporter!!!! We are all optimistic pessimists.

They could win every game for the season and I'd still expect them not to turn up Grand Final day. I'm damaged in that respect now.

long way to go absolutely, but this 2-0 certainly is looking better than last year.

Plenty to work on though to be up with the best

especially forward entries and goal kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back