Podcast Weekly North Melbourne Podcast: The Stern Look

Shinboner/Villian of the Week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Easiest thing to do would be book in some regular segments and estimated length times for these. That will give you the bare bones to work on every week. Then you can flesh it out with happenings during the week and around the league type stuff.

I.e:

Who's Hot, Who's Not? (4-5mins)
Goal & Mark of the Week Discussion (4-5mins)
North Melbourne vs This Weeks Opponent (10mins)
Guest slot (5-10mins)
North News (5mins)
Bitching about selection and game day tactics (4 hours)
EFA

What... is that if someone drops the c-bomb that you get a robotic computer-generated voice say "campaigner" over the top of it? Sort of like, "Adam Goodes is a -*campaigner*-"?
Not quite, Chief is just doing quality control seem it's the first one.

For a trial run and for tomorrow's game, the wookie has graciously allowed me to share the podcast link.

The last 10min of the fifty min is silence, so excuse that. Remember it's our first time, so please don't be harsh.

Good listen guys, it was nice to hear a different perspective on the game, the introductions at the start gave it a personal touch. You'll get better as it goes on, the biggest thing at the beginning is getting used to each other and knowing when to talk. Could do with a bit more banter but that will come naturally I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good listen guys, it was nice to hear a different perspective on the game, the introductions at the start gave it a personal touch. You'll get better as it goes on, the biggest thing at the beginning is getting used to each other and knowing when to talk. Could do with a bit more banter but that will come naturally I reckon.
Vonn mentioned as such with the banter and the cues. Thanks for your points.

Great work lads, really enjoyable to listen to. Thought the swans guest was quality as well, everyone provided good insight.

Definitely need to improve the sound quality especially as you'll be hosting each week, but I think it's your mic, maybe even use some headphones with a mic attached, may improve the quality. Transitions could improve but will be better when you know each other a bit more - think you can be confident and say what you think without floating the what do you think every segment. Thanks again guys for the work, takes some balls to do stuff like this. Would love to be involved later in the season

Agree with all of the above. Well done fellas. For a first up effort, and the nerves which accompanied it I imagine, it was top notch. The sound issue's been mentioned but if that's the most glaring teething problem you're doing alright in my books. Top stuff and thanks for putting in the effort. The opposition slant adds plenty to its listen ability too. Thanks everyone for your contributions and I look forward to hearing how it develops further in coming rounds.

For a trial run and for tomorrow's game, the wookie has graciously allowed me to share the podcast link.

The last 10min of the fifty min is silence, so excuse that. Remember it's our first time, so please don't be harsh.

Nice one, guys. Well done on your cherry-popping debut.

Lucky I re-checked your post, too. I didn't initially read the bit at the bottom and thought the silence meant that you'd all been killed in a horrible podcasting accident. Glad to hear you're all okay.

Just had a listen.

It's good we've finally got one going. I'm loath to critique anything given this is a first run but it's needs an intro and more stupid funny s**t. I'm not a fan of having an opposition posters on it and that's nothing against Sir Swans btw.

Look forward to the next one :thumbsu:

Just had a listen.

It's good we've finally got one going. I'm loath to critique anything given this is a first run but it's needs an intro and more stupid funny s**t. I'm not a fan of having an opposition posters on it and that's nothing against Sir Swans btw.

Look forward to the next one :thumbsu:
My apologies about the introduction, there was something planned for it, but nervousness got the better of myself. Next week will have the North Melbourne theme song alongside a more relaxed and proper introduction. I didn't want the podcast to turn into a player bashing type of thing, but we're going to look at adding a Sam Kerridge segment. Banter will come with time as well. Thanks mate.

Back