Welcome Welcome Luke Jackson!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

So what would constitute the touched/not touched line for you?
I have already done that in my previous posts . I am not commenting any further on this topic , As this is a Luke Jackson appreciation thread not a rules thread.

The problem is Gawn and Grundy are just ruckman.

Jackson on the other hand is a unicorn. He can play any position and do it well.

Grundy is showing everyone how difficult it is to play forward after being a ruck. Jackson can just naturally do it.

Robbo on a360 tonight said he reckons Jackson will be the best player in the competition by the time he is 25. Hard to disagree.

You’d think Jackson had shown nothing if you read the Luke Jackson trade thread on the main board.

I’m honestly at the stage where I don’t give a **** how much we’ve traded for Jackson. Of course that first rounder is tied to our finishing position and I’d rather finish as high as possible - outside of that I don’t care. Jackson is a gun and worth whatever we end up paying, if not more.

Crazy how good he actually is at 21 if those people had actually bothered watching our games. Thing is too - we’ve already got a pretty decent young list - it might have one or two holes but they’ll be plenty of opportunities to fill them over the next 3-4 years. There was probably one chance of getting Luke Jackson or any player like him (because there isn’t any like him).

The thing about Jackson is that he could easily be warming the pine for some American b-ball team, pulling down a lazy 1 or 2 million annually. Piece of piss.

But because he is a fair dinkum ripper-bewdy bonzer-sheila dingo dog sort of a bloke, he's here, slotting drop punts from the pocket bcause that's the proper bloody thing to do.

If I gave a rat's arse about that sort of thing, I'd be calling for him to be given a gong. Sir Dogga Jackson, knighted for services to getting a dog up ya.

You’d think Jackson had shown nothing if you read the Luke Jackson trade thread on the main board.

I’m honestly at the stage where I don’t give a **** how much we’ve traded for Jackson. Of course that first rounder is tied to our finishing position and I’d rather finish as high as possible - outside of that I don’t care. Jackson is a gun and worth whatever we end up paying, if not more.

Crazy how good he actually is at 21 if those people had actually bothered watching our games. Thing is too - we’ve already got a pretty decent young list - it might have one or two holes but they’ll be plenty of opportunities to fill them over the next 3-4 years. There was probably one chance of getting Luke Jackson or any player like him (because there isn’t any like him).
he really is something else

usually with a big man theres some noticeable flaw, poor kick, poor decision making, or poor tank. none of that applies to Jackson. he can take a contested grab go back and slot it from 50, he can rove his own footy break out of the congestion with speed and agility and dob an inside50 with ease, he can be the link up handball in the middle of the ground during a transition run it 15m and dish it off. hes the difference maker, huge impact for us. and hes still only going to get better

His goal average when playing with Darcy will end up being 2 +. If he can get that to between 2.5-3 he will be in the best few players in the league, especially if he is running through the middle at times.

The thing about Jackson is that he could easily be warming the pine for some American b-ball team, pulling down a lazy 1 or 2 million annually. Piece of piss.

But because he is a fair dinkum ripper-bewdy bonzer-sheila dingo dog sort of a bloke, he's here, slotting drop punts from the pocket bcause that's the proper bloody thing to do.

If I gave a rat's arse about that sort of thing, I'd be calling for him to be given a gong. Sir Dogga Jackson, knighted for services to getting a dog up ya.

I love the optimism here - but, he his peak would have been NBL. I don't think he was a better prospect than Travers and although he got drafted I am not sure he has what it takes to play in the NBA. Hope he does but there are levels.

He's a tricky match up at the contest but consider an opposition defensive coordinator having to think up something if Jackson starts at the stoppage and then runs forward in general play - is he:
A - Matched up on a midfielder who he towers over by half a foot.
B - Matched up on a ruckman with the agility of a school bus.
C - Swapped onto by the key defender leaving Amiss or Treacy loose in the chaos.

This is why Jackson taking marks forward of centre is going to be so damaging. Force them to shuffle and let fatigue be our extra forward.

This bloke is not a number 1 ruck. Getting toweled up by a un heard of backup ruck.
Hopefully people in the media will stfu about Darcy and Jackson being a waste because we don't need 2 genuine rucks, Jacko is a unicorn not a ruck.

The talk about not needing Darcy was foolish. Any ruck over 205 with a big body is going to cause us trouble if we only have jackson.

Much better for Jackson to dominate the second ruck and roam free than play against the behemoths.

Clunked some nice ones today. Put him forward more and we are going to cause h serious headaches with Treacy, Sturt and amiss forward

Darcy stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Jackson is a 2nd ruck atm. Mid or forward for me. Hopefully, we find some mids so he isn't needed as a mid too often and can spend more time forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume someone posted this elsewhere on the board, but I thought this would be a good place as any. Great article by Schmooky. Don't see these long pieces with interesting insights and backstories very often.

For those rabid football fans.

Looks like Luke Jackson is a Tottenham Fan

Even after finishing far lower than we would have hoped and the Dees getting a higher pick than expected... I am still backing us to have the better side of the deal.

Yes, I think Jackson is going to be that good for another decade at least. AA season coming for Dogga.

Recognition he is a top ten player in the league a lock.

Even after finishing far lower than we would have hoped and the Dees getting a higher pick than expected... I am still backing us to have the better side of the deal.

Yes, I think Jackson is going to be that good for another decade at least. AA season coming for Dogga.

Recognition he is a top ten player in the league a lock.
nailed it the league GIF by hero0fwar

Gold!😅

Post of the year contender😁

Dogga and Amiss by themselves make me confident we do a few fun things over the next decade. I genuinely believe these two will be generational players that other teams just dont have. I dont know how much fun, I dont know if we go all the way but I know when these two are 25+ they are going to be taking the piss most weeks

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back